The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Let's Stop Unfairly Profiling Muslim Men!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Halfabo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:38 am

at1with0 wrote:I'm referring to the LAWS laid out in Leviticus, not the teachings of Jesus Christ. It's in the Bible just as the "kill infidels" commandment is in the Koran.

Those were laws and prescribed punishment for breaking those laws. We have a similar system now, with laws and punishments. That is hardly the same thing as an open ended order to kill anyone who does not accept Islam. That is just a free license to murder anyone who disagrees with you.
Halfabo

Postby at1with0 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:10 am

What about Leviticus 25:44-46?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Halfabo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 am

at1with0 wrote:What about Leviticus 25:44-46?

What about it? It does not give anyone permission to make slaves of anyone. What it does do is limit who you can buy as a slave, and who you are not allowed to buy as a slave. At that time, it was common for every country to own slaves. Israelites were allowed to buy slaves of foreign countries, they were not allowed to buy other Israelites. This is in no way comparable to the order to kill and subdue all unbelievers in the Quran.
Halfabo

Postby at1with0 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:22 am

Halfabo wrote:This is in no way comparable to the order to kill and subdue all unbelievers in the Quran.

I"m afraid I have to disagree. Enslaving a person is even worse than killing them.
at1with0

Postby Halfabo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 pm

at1with0 wrote:
Halfabo wrote:This is in no way comparable to the order to kill and subdue all unbelievers in the Quran.

I"m afraid I have to disagree. Enslaving a person is even worse than killing them.

Nowhere in those verses does it say to enslave anyone. That was a different time and different culture. They didn't think of slavery the same way the west does today. There were people who were born into slavery. There were people who sold themselves into slavery just to survive. People at that time didn't have as much opportunity to make a better life for themselves. The rich had the money, the poor had nothing. If you were poor enough, you would be more than happy to be someone's slave. Many times, that was the only way poor people could survive. And it was better to serve someone else and be well fed and well dressed than to watch your family starve to death. Any way, those verses give rules to follow when BUYING slaves. They do not in any way allow anyone to enslave a free person against their will. The Quran's order to kill all unbelievers in no way takes into account anyone who does not wish to be murdered or convert to Islam. So, still not the same.
Halfabo

Postby frrostedman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 pm

at1with0 wrote:

That's a real stretch, sir. I don't know how you can equate the two. I really don't. I can only guess you are presuming that to be a slave back then meant to be abused and tortured 24x7. Slaves back in that day were the equivalent of butlers and gardeners today. It was considered a job, with the "salary" being free room and board, clothes, and food. Sure, there were abusive slave-owners who took advantage of their position and wantonly abused their slaves. But the bible certainly never encouraged or condoned that behavior. In today's context, an abusive slave-owner would be the equivalent of an a*hole boss that verbally abuses you and forces you to work overtime, knowing that you can't afford to quit your job. Many people are suffering those abuses today, especially in this economy where the employers hold all the marbles.

I'm quite certain, judging simply by human experience, that the vast majority of slave owners back then were reasonable with their slaves and rewarded them according to the quality of their work.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Wow, a rationalization for having slaves...If the masters are not jerks then it's not so bad...Didn't expect that but it's probably not that different from a Islamic-fundie to have a well-developed rationalization for enacting commandments in that book.

The passage in question clearly allows slaves. Would you rather be a slave, even a well-treated one, than dead? I'm not equating the two, I am comparing the two.

It basically says you can take slaves that aren't from your political construct. Koran says you should kill infidels.

Both books have black eyes.
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 am

Jesus said that when he returns it will be with a sword. That could mean a number of things but Revelation makes it sound like non-believers, in this case non-Christians, will be harmed in some fashion. Not only that, but not two here and three there but on a massive scale.

If you're rooting for non-Christians to be stomped underneath Jesus' foot or lacerated by his sword, then that makes you not very far from a person who wants Allah to come down and do that to you. imho
at1with0

Postby chiselray » Fri May 03, 2013 1:07 am

_Billy_ wrote:1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:
a. Superman b. Jay Leno c. Harry Potter
d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
a. Olga Corbett b. Sitting Bull c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians b. Elvis c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
d . Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger b. The King of Sweden c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy b. Pee Wee Herman c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs b. Davey Jones c. The Little Mermaid

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd b. Charles Lindberg c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo b. The Tooth Fairy c. The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons b. Grandma Moses c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.
Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida c. Mr Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron b. The Lutheran Church c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde b. Captain Kangaroo c. Billy Graham

No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

Foot note: Fort Hood Texas ......another Muslim 39 years old killed 13 people and wounded 30 some odd others... Does this fit the profile!

NOW OUR COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF IS TELLING EVERYONE THAT THE YOUNG MUSLIM THAT ATTEMPTED TO BLOW UP A NORTHWEST/DELTA JET AS IT APPROACHED DETROIT ON CHRISTMAS DAY WAS (QUOTE) "AN ISOLATED INCIDENT". YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

MY FATHER USE TO SAY, "PLEASE DON'T PEE ON MY LEG AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING."

God Bless my beautiful country the United States of America

agreed with all that....
chiselray

Postby greeney2 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:26 am

Question 14 for Chiselray!

What would you call someone who give information to those 17-40 year old Muslims, and ignores a governments plea to not send or post sensitive life threatening, and confidential information?
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts