The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Carney: Boston Bomber Will Not Be Charged As Enemy Combatant

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:29 am

JAY CARNEY wrote:He will not be treated as an enemy combatant. We will prosecute this terrorist through our civilian system of justice. Under U.S. law, United States citizens cannot be tried in military commissions. And it is important to remember that since 9/11 we have used the federal court system to convict and incarcerate hundreds of terrorists. The effective use of the criminal justice system has resulted in the interrogation, conviction and detention of both U.S. citizens and non-citizens for acts of terrorism committed inside the United States and around the world.

The system has repeatedly proven that it can successfully handle the threat we continue to face. There are a number of examples of this, high profile examples: The Times Square Bomber Faisal Shahzad pled guilty and was sentenced to life in prison. Abdul Muttalib, the so-called underwear bomber, was sentenced to life in prison. Warsame, a Somalian national and member of al-Shabab and has close associations with al Qaeda in the Arabia Peninsula, is now currently in this system and we have acquired valuable intelligence from him through the process allowed in the system. So this is absolutely the right way to go and the appropriate way to go. When it comes to United States citizens, it is against the law to try them in military commissions.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm sure this will anger a multitude of people, but the fact is that he is indeed an American Citizen, and our Constitution grants us inalienable rights that must be recognized whether the person in question has done good things or bad things.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Dragoness » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 pm

This is one of the reasons I don't like to watch the minute by minute stuff and like to wait till things settle. I had heard they were over here illegally and not U.S. citizens. I swear the news today is all about being the first to report an item, and worry about the fact checking later.
Dragoness

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Dragoness wrote:This is one of the reasons I don't like to watch the minute by minute stuff and like to wait till things settle. I had heard they were over here illegally and not U.S. citizens. I swear the news today is all about being the first to report an item, and worry about the fact checking later.

Obviously. Look at the Connecticut shooting. First day they reported a man being found in the woods with tactical gear, two guns were found in the shooter's car, pistols were used and not an AR-15, and then they changed it when more info (or disinfo, whichever you believe) came out.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Because the citizenship was given under the false pretense by him, I think they should be able to revoke it. Given only in Sept of 2012, it is obvious he was not being truthful when taking the oath of being a citizen, and therefore should be revocable.
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts