The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Black Vault Website & Forum Support

problems viewing text while typing

Need help? Do not know how to do something? Ask here! You may find your issue already addressed, so make sure you read through some of the threads already in existence.

Postby qmark » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:22 pm

John,

The problem still exists despite going to “tools” and clicking on compatibility. When I click in the text box to start typing, it changes from the normal grey to a bright light blue which makes it almost impossible to see what I am typing. I’ve had to type in a word document then copy and paste.
I am using Internet Explorer 9. The only thing that has changed is that it has been awhile since I have tried to post something.
Thanks for your help.
qmark

Postby blackvault » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:38 am

Hello QMark,

Are you sure when you are on the site, and typing (ie: having the problem) that compatibility view is CHECKED? If you turn it on while visiting one site, or even another page here (IE is quirky) it may not really be on for this site.

So, to ensure it is, make sure you are on the page you are having an issue with, and see if Compatibility View is checked.

IF it is... then this is the first I've ever heard of a problem like this... and I would recommend to either a) Upgrade IE to it's most recent version of 9, or take the plunge and go to 10. or b) try another browser. I personally recommend FireFox, though it's debatable which is the best. Google Chrome I hear is not a bad option as well.

Let me know if that helps... and I look forward to hearing from you.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby qmark » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:29 am

Well, I've upgraded to IE10 and the problem seems to have gone away. I can't figure it out. Anyway, it is working now.
Thanks for your help.
qmark

Postby blackvault » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:37 am

No problem :) Anytime...

Certain versions are very buggy... not just with my site, but with many. So, usually, it's good to just upgrade, and that usually fixes the problem.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Return to Black Vault Website & Forum Support

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts