The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Americans Believing in the Resurrection Drops

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby qmark » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:05 pm

A study released by the Rasmussen Reports polling firm on Good Friday found that 64% of Americans believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead.
While Americans who believe in the resurrection remain in the majority, that number is down significantly when compared to a Rasmussen Poll that asked the same question, released a year ago.
On April 7th, 2012 Rasmussen released a poll finding that 77% of Americans believed the resurrection of Christ to be historical fact.
The difference between the two polls shows a 13 percentage point drop in the number of Americans who believe that Christ rose from the dead, since last Easter.
Additionally, this year's poll found that 19% of Americans reject the central tenant of the Christian faith and do not believe that Christ was resurrected. That's compared to only 7% who said they didn't believe that Christ rose from the dead a year ago. A staggering 12 percentage point jump.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/dan-joseph/perc ... ast-easter

2 Thes 2:3
Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

The Temptations:
Like a snowball rolling down the side of a snow covered ridge . . . It’s growing

He is coming.
qmark

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 pm

What reasons were given for the change in belief?
greeney2

Postby qmark » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:49 pm

It didn’t say, but it is clearly a departure of the faith since the resurrection is at the core of the faith. Without it, Christianity is just another interesting philosophy. The “great apostasy” is well on its way.

On a side note greeney, when I click on the box to type out my post, the box lightens up and I can’t see what I’m typing. It didn’t always do this. Any suggestions?
qmark

Postby greeney2 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:38 pm

i'll ask John to look into it for you Qmark. By the way, hope you had a joyous Easter Sunday.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Off Topic
qmark wrote:It didn’t say, but it is clearly a departure of the faith since the resurrection is at the core of the faith. Without it, Christianity is just another interesting philosophy. The “great apostasy” is well on its way.

On a side note greeney, when I click on the box to type out my post, the box lightens up and I can’t see what I’m typing. It didn’t always do this. Any suggestions?

This sounds like you have the newest version of Internet Explorer 10? Unfortunately, Internet Explorer has always been buggy.

If my assumption is correct, if you go under "TOOLS" at the top menu, and click on COMPATIBILITY VIEW (while on The Black Vault) it should fix your problem.

Let me know if that fixes it. If not, create a post in the Help Forum, and I will see what we can do. Include the browser type and version and as many details as you can.

Looking forward to helping :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Perhaps it is only a matter of time until that religion dies.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:04 pm

greeney2 wrote:What reasons were given for the change in belief?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/neology

neologism, neology
1. a new word, usage, or phrase.
2. the coining or introduction of new words or new senses for established words. See also theology. — neologian, neologist, n. — neologistic, neologistical, adj.
See also: Language
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. the introduction of new, especially rationalistic, views or doctrines in theology.
2. such a view or doctrine. Also neologism. See also language. — neologist, n.
See also: Theology

Now Greeny2...combine this word definition/definitions of Neology through the lens, prisim, understanding..through a movie and television education view of this world in the flesh only.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby frrostedman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:03 pm

at1with0 wrote:Perhaps it is only a matter of time until that religion dies.

Do a wiki search on LIBERAL CHRISTIANITY. This is the brand of Christianity being taught in the vast majority of US seminaries today, and in my opinion it is anything BUT Christianity. I think the Liberal Christian movement is more dangerous to the Christian Church than anything we've ever faced.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:34 pm

frrostedman wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Perhaps it is only a matter of time until that religion dies.

Do a wiki search on LIBERAL CHRISTIANITY. This is the brand of Christianity being taught in the vast majority of US seminaries today, and in my opinion it is anything BUT Christianity. I think the Liberal Christian movement is more dangerous to the Christian Church than anything we've ever faced.

Agree Frostedman,

That word game of which I spoke in the other thread...."Another Peaceful Muslimi." A New Speak..really olde speak...confusion.

Liberal Christianity is doing the same New Speak...in order to turn Christians away from Salt...The Salt of the Earth and into ...The Sugar of the Earth.

Away from the Faith and Beliefs of our Fathers and onto the New Religion...New Gnosticism...the New Wisdom of men.

They are also and have been for some time now re writing the Bibles ..with the wisdom of men and away from the Word of God.

All this in order to bring in the new world..the world in which the children of the bondwoman ..."Shall Be Heir" with the children of the freewoman.

at1with0,

Religion is how men have been controlled by other men for thousands of years. Men will always be allowed to have a religion..but it will be only the authorized, allowed, sanctioned religion...the religion of wise men...the religion of the bee hive...the collective!!! The Priest Kings....Feudal religion..absolute power in the hands of men.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby qmark » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 pm

frrostedman wrote:Do a wiki search on LIBERAL CHRISTIANITY. This is the brand of Christianity being taught in the vast majority of US seminaries today, and in my opinion it is anything BUT Christianity. I think the Liberal Christian movement is more dangerous to the Christian Church than anything we've ever faced.

Amen and amen! The enemy has planted his tares ( sons of disobedience ) within the fields ( church ) for the purpose of spoiling the ground ( hearts and minds ) of man from receiving the pure seed ( Word of God / Jesus ) which leads to saving faith. There is nothing more dangerous than a wolf in sheep's clothing except maybe a sheep that doesn't know the voice of his shepherd.

Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field.
25. "But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away.
26. "But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also.
27. "The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, `Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28. "And he said to them, `An enemy has done this!' The slaves *said to him, `Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?'
29. "But he *said, `No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them.
30. `Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.""
qmark

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts