The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Hello Again...Been Awhile

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Lightwolf » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:46 am

New Faces' new names...people I have yet to meet...nice Job John! this awesome site has REALLY taken off!! Astonishing how so many years can pass so quickly! I come back after so many months to find just you, greeny, and Wing...and ..awesome!! Bloodstone!! Hiya Bro! :D

Where have I been...

Been taking care of my Mother...and recovering

My Mom died September 2nd at 8:37 PM 2012

She lived a great life!

A voice of an Angel...she sang with Tommy Dorsey, Cab Calloway, Frank Sinatra (had a huge crush on Frank :roll: ) by the time she was 18 she sang every Sunday on a local radio show in Norfolk VA with visits from other stars who sang with her!..then the war...worked for the Gov....and the chance for fame was gone...then she met Dad...had me ...and any chance at a "normal" life disappeared!! :lol:
Thank God four years later she had my sister.....sheesh!...those dresses she sewed, and tried on me, were gettin kinda tight... :problem:

I Pray that none of you my friends, experience what I did...it's so far beyond...helpless...watching...while the one that brought you life...fades...taking that last breath...with your hand in hers...

I am Thomas Adrian Rowe

I love my Mother

Remember yours

Life is short

Lightwolf
When I die...I want to go peacefully in my sleep...like my Grandfather did...not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Lightwolf

Postby greeney2 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:33 am

Good to hear from you lightwolf. Very sorry to hear about your Mother, interesting about your Moms life, and there could be a very remote connection.

My parents moved out west from Buffalo in 1960, I was 13 years old. Dad bought a home in Tarzana, California, named after Egdar Rice Burrows who wrote Tarzan. Our house was directly across the street from a very famous group, who played with all the big bands, and Tommy Dorsey, called the "Modernaires". They were a singing part of the Glenn Miller band I think in the 40's. He was killed in WW2 I think. You can find the Modernaires easy in a search. I went to school with the youngest daughter, who I believe to this day does entertaining, of this kind of big band, carrying on the Modernaire legacy. I would think your Mother might have crossed paths with them, if not entertained with them.

What a small world.
Last edited by greeney2 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:50 am

Welcome back, and I am so sorry to hear about your mother :(
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Lightwolf » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks Greeney and John....I appreciate the welcome back and your condolences...

Well! guess waht you guys! :lol: as a matter of fact, Mom did mention the Modernaires! While she did not actually sing with them, she appeared in New york, the only time she was ever there, sponsored by ....I don't recall who, but the radio show she sang on in Norfolk, got her a spot on the Paul Whiteman radio show when she was eight or nine years old...1937, 38...not sure which...anyway...biggest night of her young life! :) She was so proud that she got the chance...and ...by the time she was 14, during the war, she was singing at the Norfolk Navel Base almost on a weekly basis, that's when she met so many well known singers and entertainers who would come to the base to entertain those stationed there and about to embark...now don't get me wrong...I am, of course, glad she met Dad... otherwise...well...you know :lol: however...I sometimes feel a little sad for her when I think about who and what she might have become...

One thing is certain

she had faults..(don't we all)

but she was my Mom and I miss her

Obviously Mom's wedding picture...March 17th 1956. Thought you might like to meet her :)

take care my friends and thanks...

Lightwolf
When I die...I want to go peacefully in my sleep...like my Grandfather did...not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Lightwolf

Postby greeney2 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Wow, what a small world. The Modernaires were not someone I had herd of when I was a kid, but our parents generation grew up with the big band era. Even in the 60's they would appear on shows like Ed Sullivan, Dean Martin, variety music shows. There house was directly across the street from my house. If you look the group up, when I was in Jr. High and High school, I would see them all the time, coming and going. California is a bit strange in that, you can live right next to people for years and never know them. You may wave and say Hi, but thats about it. I knew the youngest daughter because several of the kids on the block walked to school togather every day in 8th and 9th grade. Her name was Julieann, and if you look them up, she is the person I mentioned who still entertains in the Modernaire name.
greeney2

Postby Lightwolf » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:21 pm

greeney2 wrote:Wow, what a small world. The Modernaires were not someone I had herd of when I was a kid, but our parents generation grew up with the big band era. Even in the 60's they would appear on shows like Ed Sullivan, Dean Martin, variety music shows. There house was directly across the street from my house. If you look the group up, when I was in Jr. High and High school, I would see them all the time, coming and going. California is a bit strange in that, you can live right next to people for years and never know them. You may wave and say Hi, but thats about it. I knew the youngest daughter because several of the kids on the block walked to school togather every day in 8th and 9th grade. Her name was Julieann, and if you look them up, she is the person I mentioned who still entertains in the Modernaire name.

Don't recall the name...I did as you requested and looked up the Modernaires and Juliean....found out something really cool!...They still sing! not originals of course, however, still around....wow!

To everything else you have mentioned Greeney :) so very true....indeed...it's a small world after all...thank God! :D :dance:

Hey! Maybe we're related! .....Uh... :sick: ...you gettin' nauseous too? :lol:

Lightwolf
Lightwolf

Postby Nesaie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 am

HEY LighWolf!!!!! :D :D :D

Long time...sorry about your Mom. :( But it sounds like she had a good life and those are rare to come by. She was beautiful. :D

I've since changed my life for my Mom. She now lives with me. It certainly isn't all roses...or maybe it is...they're beautiful with thorns. ;)

Any way, where are MY PICTURES???!!! :P

If you're back I guess I need to check in a bit more often...brat :P
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Lightwolf » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Nesaie wrote:HEY LighWolf!!!!! :D :D :D

Long time...sorry about your Mom. :( But it sounds like she had a good life and those are rare to come by. She was beautiful. :D

I've since changed my life for my Mom. She now lives with me. It certainly isn't all roses...or maybe it is...they're beautiful with thorns. ;)

Any way, where are MY PICTURES???!!! :P

If you're back I guess I need to check in a bit more often...brat :P

NESAIE!!!

Hi Sweetie!

It has been a long time and I do apologise. What was happening with Mother was not... a slow process...there was much going on that I don't want to mention here...except to those that would understand...and I believe you would :( PM me and I will explain if you'd like to know...as for pictures...haven't had alot of motivation lately...things still going on, after mom's passing, that still need my attention :( however...life goes on...and I cherish my friends...you're all I have left...love you dearly...

Lightwolf
Lightwolf

Postby Lightwolf » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Tart :lol:
Lightwolf

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts