The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Interesting Pizza Shop visit toinght.

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:33 pm

I have been thinking about visiting this pizza shop across the river ever since it made nationwide headlines by offering discounts to customers who carry a gun open or concealed with a concealed carry permit.

I was out in my garage reloading about 150 rounds of .38 Special ammunition and got a case of the hungrys. I deprimed the cases, sized them and also put the bevel on the top of these cases. There I stopped when I got hungry and decided I was going to make this trip for a pizza.

Here is the link to this business..

http://www.allaroundpizza.com/

This business owner was also recently on Piers Morgans show and here is the interview via U Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqNt9QTujFU

I do not have much use or respect for Piers Morgan and have no desire to follow English templates of servility or Government. I have no desire to become an Englishman.

Nonetheless...I enjoyed my brief visit and will be going back when I am on that side of the river again.

NO one seemed uncomfortable there and the people I saw carrying guns ..were not drinking alcohol. Right there is where we would have parted company. I do not like drinking and guns nor drinking and operating certain machinery.

Even the Woman operating the cash register was carrying a holstered pistol on her hip. Everyone was polite and well mannered..and of all ages.

They are definitely Tea Party people by the signs on the walls. Ok by me as I don't think much of either the Republicans nor the Democrats.

An interesting side light to this days events.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 pm

A couple questions: First, you say the Pizza place is across the river, just curious if that means the pizza place is in an adjoining state bordered by the river, and how your laws may conflict on transporting it concealed?

You mentioned a good point, which is that the Pizza place serves some sort or Alcohol. We all know there is a legal limit for driving, .08 in California, but what is that limit for driving and carrying a weapon. Is the law defined? Is there a legal limit, or is the limit .00%, in other words zero blood alcohol level is required. IMHO, I hope the law reads that no amount of alcohol is allowed while carrying a weapon, or even just transporting to a hunting destination.

The most important question is "How good is the Pizza"? Thin crust or deep dish? How do you like Pizza? Personally I enjoy either, but we usually prefer thin crust pizza. I have never had a real genuine deep dish Chicago style, but would love to try it someday. We have deep dish pizza here, but probably nothing like what you wuold find in Chicago. We also have thin crust, but again nothing like a real New York style. To the purist of pizza, those are it, and out here in California, we have a lot of good copies, but its like Hot dogs, Nothing is like a Nathans or Coney Island, and Nothing is like a real Chicago dog.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:14 am

Good questions Greeny2,

No the pizza shop is not across the border in North Carolina...but there is a reciprocal agreement between the State of North Carolina and Virginia on concealed Carry.

However...I do believe there is a prohibition against carrying a concealed weapon and drinking alcohol. I am in agreement with this law.

I do not carry and consume alcohol..it is one of my cardinal rules. Same thing with alcohol and operating machinery and also reloading ammunition.

I believe the alcohol limit is the same as the legal limit but if one is caught in the act of drinking while carrying a concealed weapon one can be in violation of the law period.

I think it is a good rule or law. I just don't believe in handling such tools while drinking.

Ironically ...to my knowledge ...some of the most serious drunks in town are to be found at the Fraternal Order of Police...at their lodge ..and they are often carrying weapons off duty.

I know the woman who is their treasurer here at the FOP.

I too have never had a deep style Chicago pizza but have heard of that manner of pie.

The pizza was good...but next time I am going to try one of their hot submarine deli sandwiches. They too looked yummy!!

Next time I am across the river for business I plan to stop in again. This is a private business and not a franchise and I like supporting private businesses when possible.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:24 am

Wow, when we talk about these kinds of things we are very much alike. Now that is scary! :lol: I am also a firm believer in guns and drinking do not mix. Totally agree about the operation of machine etc. We talked about lifting at work. I didn't picture those kinds of heavy lifts you do, but for those out slamming down a beer or 2 at lunch, it in the same category. Drinking does not mix!

We have a reporter, and there was also a national reporter who were tailing people like our Water and Power workers, and the Detroit auto workers, to locations where they slammed down a few lunch beers, and returned to work. I was never one to go out at all for lunch at work, but we had those groups that daily, were at the local Mission Burrito, having a liquid lunch, and coming back to the shops for work. Surprised they never clamped down on it, other than monitoring the gates for early leavers, and late returners. The reporters in question, caught them red handed, and they had some real explaining to do with the employer. I think now because that story was all over our news, they are thinking twice about their lunch breaks.

A also agree about supporting the independent people, and the Mom and Pop businesses are a dying breed today. It is so expensive to compete when chains are buying in mass quantity. The one thing I loved about visiting my Grandmother when she lived in Ohio were those kinds of places, real home cookin places were common, and may just be a small place out of town on the county roads, off the beaten paths. We really do not have those kinds of places out here.

One I can think of is on our drive out to our daughters, oddly a place called "Grandma", but even that place in not like the places I found in the mid west.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:55 am

greeney2 wrote:Wow, when we talk about these kinds of things we are very much alike. Now that is scary! :lol: I am also a firm believer in guns and drinking do not mix. Totally agree about the operation of machine etc. We talked about lifting at work. I didn't picture those kinds of heavy lifts you do, but for those out slamming down a beer or 2 at lunch, it in the same category. Drinking does not mix!

One of the things Greeny2 which changed that kind of stuff here at work is that we went from a one hour unpaid lunch to a half hour unpaid lunch. Over time most people found they liked getting off work a half hour earlier better than the one hour lunch. It did hurt alot of the small businesses outside the gate but I think it better than supporting the local drinkers....then have them go back into work and operate machinery. Some guys can throw back alot of brew during a one hour lunch.

We here do alot of heavy lifting..with machines...cranes, fork lifts etc. One other thing which has helped is that if you get in a accident you automatically go to the clinic and take a piss test..no exceptions. This causes alot of people to tighten up their lifestyles.

We have a reporter, and there was also a national reporter who were tailing people like our Water and Power workers, and the Detroit auto workers, to locations where they slammed down a few lunch beers, and returned to work. I was never one to go out at all for lunch at work, but we had those groups that daily, were at the local Mission Burrito, having a liquid lunch, and coming back to the shops for work. Surprised they never clamped down on it, other than monitoring the gates for early leavers, and late returners. The reporters in question, caught them red handed, and they had some real explaining to do with the employer. I think now because that story was all over our news, they are thinking twice about their lunch breaks.

I remember back when that broke the news. It did not surprise me per se...as it happens here alot too...not so much at this shipyard but about town. But you wonder about who built your car when you buy one.

A also agree about supporting the independent people, and the Mom and Pop businesses are a dying breed today. It is so expensive to compete when chains are buying in mass quantity. The one thing I loved about visiting my Grandmother when she lived in Ohio were those kinds of p laces, real home cookin places were common, and may just be a small place out of town on the county roads, off the beaten paths. We really do not have those kinds of places out here.

One I can think of is on our drive out to our daughters, oddly a place called "Grandma", but even that place in not like the places I found in the mid west.

It has been awhile since but I took a trip up to the Amish Country up in Pennsylvania...and stopped by a mom an pop place for breakfast. The piled on the flapjacks and potatos. Not skimpy at all. That is one of the things which stood out about the trip.

It is expensive competing with the big chains but I prefer to do so and support independents when possible.

Agree about off the beaten paths. I like to go there on trips when I have time. That is where you still see and find America. Not the stamped out franchises and shopping malls....but real America with a Main Street.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts