The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Survey ....Three questions.

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby orangetom1999 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:23 am

Curious to see how the members answer these questions...only three. Male and female both ...interested in the responses.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Should a man have an earing??

Should a man be more attractive or stand out more than the woman to whom he is attending??

Should a man have higher maintenance costs than the woman to whom he is attending??
Last edited by orangetom1999 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Are we having a crisis? :lol:

1) Earrings have become so common I don't think anyone even thinks about them. I grew my hair longer after I retired, now I have a full pony tail. I do not equate either with a measure of manhood, and both have become accepted with nobody raising an eyebrow to them. People of all walks of life wear earrings, or one earring, not even sure if they have a meaning anymore, like in decades ago. Earrings are no longer symbols of bikers exclusively, or sexual orientation, or hidden identity. If you have to ask, they are probably not for you, if you feel in would make you uncomfortable it isn't your style. Do you place some sort of label on those who wear an earring, or some sort of stigma or stereotype, that you associate with them?

2 & 3) Interesting choice of terms. "Whom he is attending" and "maintenance costs"! You make it sound like a chore or the negative side of the column, like having to change the oil or fanbelts. "More Attractive", you need to define what you are talking about???
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:18 pm

If he wants to, yes.

My answer to all three.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby BloodStone » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:05 am

I say yes to number 1 , but only one ear, looks gay if both ears are pierced.

number 2 really can go either way

Number 3 , no man should be higher maintinence than a woman , that is really gay.

Hope it helped
BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 am

LOL LOL LOL Greeny2,

Are we having a crisis?

No ...this is a baseline starting point for a concept on which I am working..as too how much and differently the sexes believe in Equality and such concepts...verses their social beliefs. No matter what social engineers/politicians try to imprint on us for votes.

It was interesting to see the reactions at work...mostly men but about five women and the differences.

The men were more agreeable than the women as to whether a man should have a ear ring. Most of the women but one said no. That is one out of five. That I noted right away. The guys ...most of them did not care one way or the other. The older fellows notedly said no to number one.

Almost all of the men and women said no to number three.. a man should never have higher maintenance costs than a woman.

Now one woman gave a qualifier and very telling about #3. She stated that a man can have higher maintenance costs if he is buying a boat.
I had to chuckle at that one.

Some of the men did not care at all about number two...but many said no ...All of the women said no to number two. They definitely thought a man should never outshine a woman to whom he is in attendance. But this question can be dug into further ...with thought.

And before I forget Greeny2...attendance...in the older usage...to whom one accompanies.

Interesting thoughts Wing Zero. Noted. So you believe in equality of the sexes...across the board..no limits...social or other??

Bloodstone,

Your answers were pretty much what most of the males who said yes to number one stated. Until I asked that question I was not familiar with those details or protocol about wearing a earring. To me an earring is just an earring. For myself I am not interested in one ..and only keep a watch for time purposes but have ceased much of that with the advent of cell phones. I am not into wearing jewelry because of the type of work I do...it can be a hazard..not just to myself but other equipments as well.

On occasion when I get dressed up...not often..will I wear jewelry or a fancy belt buckle but not usually . My dress is usually for utility not for Bling....I think it is called.

Most women on #2...do not care for a man to outshine them or out attract attention to themselves. They think they should be the center by social roles...social defaults. I am interested in how far this goes socially ..into what habits ..what givens...what social default settings.

Hence this is a baseline for further thinking.

Thanks to all for their responses.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:18 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:Interesting thoughts Wing Zero. Noted. So you believe in equality of the sexes...across the board..no limits...social or other??

I am trying to understand why your 3 questions, became a question of total equality of both sexes depending on the answers???

I think your question did more to raise questions about your meaning behind the terms you used. I joked about it, but it was a serious question. Maintenance costs for the lack of better terms, in what context? Money spent on wardrobes, personal items, etc or something else? Some men like blue collar workers have a wardrobes of work pants and shirts, and may not even own a suit. Someone who is in a professional occupation may wear white shirts, ties, and expensive suits everyday.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:11 pm

greeney2 wrote:
orangetom1999 wrote:Interesting thoughts Wing Zero. Noted. So you believe in equality of the sexes...across the board..no limits...social or other??

I am trying to understand why your 3 questions, became a question of total equality of both sexes depending on the answers???

I think your question did more to raise questions about your meaning behind the terms you used. I joked about it, but it was a serious question. Maintenance costs for the lack of better terms, in what context? Money spent on wardrobes, personal items, etc or something else? Some men like blue collar workers have a wardrobes of work pants and shirts, and may not even own a suit. Someone who is in a professional occupation may wear white shirts, ties, and expensive suits everyday.

Greeny2,

Wing Zero's answers or responses stand out because only a handful of men gave such answers. They come across more as feminine to where someone would like or has the options ..not the responsibilities to carry on such...in Equality...equally self centered/self indulgent. Equally optional...verses responsible.

What is of interest to me is the difference in values..real social values...real thinking..which pin down or underline our real thinking or thinking patterns. Not necessarily what is advertised as the product but what a person is going to say or state in a true or unguarded moment. Of what their real thinking bespeaks.

As to wardrobes..no problem I understand what you are painting there. I only have three suits...which I seldom wear. The last time was to a court session.

I am not into such bling or showman ship. It has been many years ago but at one time I worked in the habo/mens or haberdashery section of a department store. I used to dress somewhat for that job..but never took to it. I found that the costs for keeping and maintaining such in the face and pay of real life expenditures was overrated.
It was nice and alot of women liked you well dressed but it was not for me thanks..to feminine for me. I am not into that kind of showmanship...not interested in being a peacock.

But I do observe people ..even people like that and sometimes think about the nature of and behind it.

Male and female both.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:45 pm

I believe that just because someone is male or female, they shouldn't be forced or obligated to act a certain way or dress in a specific sense. If an adult man wants to wear an earring, go for it. It's not my cup of mead, but I'm not going to force my views on him. Just like if an adult woman doesn't want to shave her legs, fine. I don't find it the least bit attractive, but I'm not going to throw a fit and demand it of her.

Edited for grammar.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Wing-Zero wrote:

I believe that just because someone is male or female, they shouldn't be forced or obligated to act a certain way or dress in a specific sense. If an adult man wants to wear an earring, go for it. It's not my cup of mead, but I'm not going to force my views on him. Just like if an adult woman doesn't want to shave her legs, fine. I don't find it the least bit attractive, but I'm not going to throw a fit and demand it of her.

Edited for grammar.

I agree..I dont tell someone else what to do with their time and monies. Now if they try to do it with my time and monies that is a different story.

Earings and excessive jewelry or "Bling" is not my thing. I am not into high maintenance costs ..male or female both..but I dont tell someone else what to do with their monies.

But the answers are to me interesting from a social standpoint.

I was in the grocery store after midnight last night when I got off work. When I went to the check out line I noticed an attractive woman in front of me with two pre teen girls. What I noticed quickly was that in their basket was alot of personal papmering items..and not much food or other staples for running a home.

While I dont know what they have in stock in thieir larder...It did cause me to ask myself what might be their maintenance costs and who or whom is underwriting these costs??

While I dont tell someone what to do with their monies ..I did note this side of what I saw in front of me.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:16 pm

OT, I think you have some ideas of your own meanings that are far different than other people. Not sure if it relates more to your own staunch views of many things, religion, or the mindset of the area you live in. Wing and I have never met, but we both live in the major western city area. Believe me, we see everything from the down and out homeless, to blue collar people, to those who dress in business attire, to those who look like peacocks. We see every walk of life, and nothing really shocks us in this region of the country. Maybe in your area, seeing a man with an earring is noticeable, but in this area nobody pays much attention to it if at all. I don't think our lifestyles out this way, is even sizing people up, in the way you seem to be concerning the earring.

You seem to equate much of what you think to feminine traits? Not sure where or why that comes from.

As someone who was born and raised in the east coast, living in the west is completely different IMHO. Dress codes are a major difference from the East I grew up in, not sure about now. I think the mindset of many eastern locals is very conservative, and a accepted dress standard, depending on the occasion, where dress codes are almost non-existent here. it is not uncommon for shorts and tee shirts being worn in restaurants, that used to require a suit jacket. Tattoos, body art, piercing is so common here (Not me), that it is also not even paid attention too. In your town, it probably would have your jaw down around your ankles, if just an earring is this kind of symbol to you.

Bottom line is your survey on this board isn't going to prove much, because we all live in such different environments. I've had experiences traveling in States where you would swear "I much be in a different country".
Last edited by greeney2 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts