The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Surprised this never came up before-tips

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 am

I like many of the "fancy" mustards, but I think sometimes the best mustard is the cheapest basic brand before they started all the gourmet stuff. I never was a Ketchup on French Fries guy, I grew up liking Fries with malt vinegar on them, so prefer salted fries. Hot Dogs, Mustard only, never Ketchup.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 pm

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/what- ... 51199.html

Here is a little follow-up which mentions the Pastor story in this one. Question is how much is a reasonable tip for the delivery of 85 pizzas, that cost just under $1500? $10 is ridiculous, but IMHO so is $300. The delivery driver is not providing table service for a complete meal, where he/she is waiting on your every need at your table for an hour or more. He is driving the order from point A to point B, and unloading it. Where I think a waiter deserves some guideline of % tipping, I have a fundamental problem with the same amount of work, making a bonanza for someone like the delivery driver. He did not make the Pizza, and I am tipping based on getting 85 good tasting pizzas, not that he got $1500 worth of Pizzas to me 5 minutes faster. I expect them arriving hot, and do not think reward is in order if they are. This comes under a contract to cater, and not the same as sitting down at a table and being personally waited on.I think the delivery of such order is either included, or defined like an agreed to amount for delivery. If the arbitray figure of $10 was written on the card, it is up to the owner of the store to give his delivery man an appropriate cut of the total out of his profit. If a $300 tip is in order, it should definitely not all be for the delivery driver, I would specify to the owner of the pizza place, the tip was for everyone combined, not just the driver. As John summed up concerning tips, the cooks and kitchen people are regarded as sufficiently paid already, and it is the direct service people who deserve the tips. (waiters, waitresses, busboys). This is a special order, not a routine delivery of a $30 pizza delivery.
greeney2

Postby Dragoness » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Good question never thought about that. I suppose with something like that, maybe 1%-2%. You are right, you are not getting table service, though they would have to make several trips to put them in the car. And with 85 pizzas you and others would be carrying them in or helping him to carry them in once they delivered them.
Dragoness

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts