The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Black Vault Website & Forum Support

Introducing "The Social Network Buzz" on The Black Vault

Need help? Do not know how to do something? Ask here! You may find your issue already addressed, so make sure you read through some of the threads already in existence.

Postby blackvault » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 am

Hello Everyone,

It is with great excitement I announce a rather large new feature to The Black Vault. I have completed integrating in a system, which I now call "The Social Network Buzz". This means, The Black Vault Message Forums are now completed integrated in the most popular social networking platforms, which includes Facebook, Yahoo!, AOL and Hotmail.

You are able to use these accounts listed above to post on the forums here. If you have a Black Vault account, I recommend posting in the forums as you usually do. However, this new feature allows those that do not choose to register for a FREE Black Vault account to use the forums, and post their comments, ideas, etc in "The Social Network Buzz" on the bottom of each thread.

That said, you also have the ability to "Recommend" and "Share" each topic to your friends on Facebook.

This will help considerably pass the word about this resource. As you may not know, there has been a huge surge of Facebook traffic here to The Black Vault. These new features will help continue the growth of The Black Vault - and make the resource even more valuable for those that utilize it.

Please feel free to post any comments, questions or suggestions on this thread about this feature. I am still considering this a "testing" phase, and hope you will all try out the features and let me know how they work.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby cormac » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:15 pm

i think it's a good idea Greeney ... and well done ... definitely will bring more traffic i think ... not that i don't like our 'quaint little town' here but might bring in some good opinions, ideas, etc ...

but maybe just as a bit of a warning and i'm sure you considered this thoroughly Greeney as you admirably and thoroughly consider all things, it will bring lots of the so called 'trolls' so hey, everyone, let's just let them pass by, not let ourselves get bothered with the expected 'little green men', 'conspiracy nuts', etc, comments we all know these folks will be plastering up here and there and let's just remember that we are better than they are ... yep, i said it, and we are ... if we ignore them ... if they don't get what they're looking for which is a reaction and a big 'whooptie-doo' over their taunts, they'll just go away ... and then we can keep the quality folks who do wander thru and have positive and interesting contributions to make :)

and yes, i was forced to use the phrase 'whooptie-doo' so i hope you all know how serious i am :P lmao

but well done Greeney, looks cool too sitting there at the bottom, wide open, waiting for lots of letters to be typed right in there :) i'm not much at all on the whole social network thing so it's not really for me personally ... i don't have a laptop, i don't have that stuff on my cell phone (i actually just have a ummm phone ... odd i know), and so it's not really my thing ... i just don't have that interesting a life to bother updating it ... ever lol ...

rock on BVers :)
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby blackvault » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:14 am

We will see... I hope it doesn't turn in to that, but I have full control to delete any unwanted comments, even in the Social Network Buzz, so shouldn't be a problem!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby cormac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 pm

blackvault wrote:We will see... I hope it doesn't turn in to that, but I have full control to delete any unwanted comments, even in the Social Network Buzz, so shouldn't be a problem!

aaahhh "full control" ... it's good to be king ;) lol
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby Debrinconcita » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 pm

HELLO I am a New Member, DEBRINCONCITA from Portland OREGON. I love ALL PARANORMAL, ALien, SCI FICTION, MYSTERious things that's is why I JOINED TODAY! I hope to meet others who share the same interests. I am Native American lady from OrEGON TRIBE. WE have always been aware of UFO, BIGFOOT & many other LEGENDS of the Pacific NW. I would like to share some that probably Other Non-Native people don't know about!! :D
Debrinconcita

Postby blackvault » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Welcome to the site :) Good to have you join up... and enjoy your time here!

Make sure you help pass the word about the resource as well... we can always use new people :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby Fut004 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 am

I'm not really sure if having this sort of site connected to Facebook is such a great idea, and here's why:

Prison Planet - The U.S. Government Believes that the Founding Fathers Were Terrorists

Government agencies such as FEMA are allegedly teaching that the Founding Fathers should be considered terrorists.
Indeed, the government might consider you a potential terrorist if you take one of the following actions:
- Speaking out against government policies
- Protesting anything (such as participating in the “Occupy” movement)
- Questioning war (even though war reduces our national security; and see this)
- Having bumper stickers saying things like “Know Your Rights Or Lose Them”
- Taking pictures or videos
- Talking to police officers
- Writing on a piece of paper
- (Not having a Facebook account may soon be added)
And holding the following beliefs may also be considered grounds for suspected terrorism:
- Being frustrated with “mainstream ideologies”
- Valuing online privacy
- Being anti-tax, anti-regulation or for the gold standard
- Being “reverent of individual liberty”
- “Believe in conspiracy theories”
- “A belief that one’s personal and/or national “way of life” is under attack”
- “Supported political movements for autonomy”
- “Suspicious of centralized federal authority”
- “Fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”
- Opposing surveillance
If the Founding Fathers were alive today, they would probably run afoul of all of these categories.
As such, they could very well end up indefinitely detained at Gitmo … or assassinated.

Daily Mail - Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath? Some employers and psychologists say staying away from social media is 'suspicious'

Facebook has become such a pervasive force in modern society that increasing numbers of employers, and even some psychologists, believe people who aren't on social networking sites are 'suspicious.'
The German magazine Der Taggspiegel went so far as to point out that accused theater shooter James Holmes and Norwegian mass murder Anders Behring Breivik have common ground in their lack of Facebook profiles.
On a more tangible level, Forbes.com reports that human resources departments across the country are becoming more wary of young job candidates who don't use the site.

The common concern among bosses is that a lack of Facebook could mean the applicant's account could be so full of red flags that it had to be deleted.
Slate.com Advice Columnist, Emily Yoffee, wrote in an advice column that young people shouldn't date anyone who isn't on Facebook.

'If you’re of a certain age and you meet someone who you are about to go to bed with, and that person doesn’t have a Facebook page, you may be getting a false name. It could be some kind of red flag,' he says.
Yoffee points out that these judgements don't apply to older people who were already productive adults before social media became widespread.
The tech news site Slashdot summed up Der Taggspiegel's story about social networking as 'not having a Facebook account could be the first sign that you are a mass murderer.'

It points out that Holmes, who is accused of killing 12 people and an unborn child and wounding 58 others at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, and Breivik, who murdered 77 people with a car bomb and mass shooting, did not use Facebook and had small online footprints.
Breivik used MySpace and Holmes was reportedly on the hookup site Adult Friend Finder.
Psychologist Christopher Moeller told the magazine that using Facebook has become a sign of having a healthy social network.
Psychologists have noted that Holmes, along with several noted mass murderers, have lacked any real friends.
And this is what the argument boils down to: It's the suspicion that not being on Facebook, which has become so normal among young adults, is a sign that you're abnormal and dysfunctional, or even dangerous, ways.

Think what you like, but it looks like Facebook is being/will be used for much more sinister things other than letting your friends know that you had scrambled eggs for breakfast.

John Greenewald · Owner-Operator at The Black Vault
:) We will see if the feature takes off. There are literally THOUSANDS of people coming from Facebook, many of which choose not to register here, and only keep their conversations on Facebook. I hope this will entice people to bring their conversations here simply for the fact that it helps increase the value of the resource as a research tool :)

I don't disagree that adding this Facebook-Thing to your site has increased your traffic greatly.
But is it really smart to have your Real Life Identity tracked to sites that discuss conspiracies and the like?
Martial Law is real, TPTB have been practicing.
Must watch video, especially for Canadians: Into the Fire - See what actually happened at the G20 Summit in Toronto.
Fut004

Postby blackvault » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:53 am

Having Facebook is not a requirement here, it's simply an optional feature.

Many that come from Facebook choose not to register here... but have great ideas and things to share. The Social Network Buzz feature is simply an extension to the message forums, so others outside The Black Vault website can join in, and add their comments and ideas.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby Fut004 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am

blackvault wrote:Having Facebook is not a requirement here, it's simply an optional feature.

My message was merely to provide some info to people regarding the situation - A person having their Facebook account tied to a website that discusses conspiracies, aliens, and everything else on the fringe, might not be a smart idea these days.

I wasn't trying to imply anything devious going on regarding your website. Apologies if that's how my post came across.
Martial Law is real, TPTB have been practicing.
Must watch video, especially for Canadians: Into the Fire - See what actually happened at the G20 Summit in Toronto.
Fut004

Postby blackvault » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 am

No not at all, and I didn't take it that way! But many out there don't really hide the fact they like the fringe topics... so what may bother one, will not bother the other :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Next

Return to Black Vault Website & Forum Support

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts