The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Saving Private Ryan

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Tairaa » Wed May 27, 2009 5:06 pm

I watch it every year, usually on remembrance day. I missed it this year though, so I just watched it yesterday. The memorial day argument reminded me. One of the best movies made IMO, and still the only one that gets me teary eyed.

Even the new "Taken" movie, which was pretty emotionally powerful didn't make me teary eyed, despite it's very solumn and sobering content.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed May 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Should check out a movie called Saints and Soldiers.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Wed May 27, 2009 7:03 pm

I'll make a note too. :)
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby rath » Wed May 27, 2009 9:33 pm

Tairaa wrote:I watch it every year, usually on remembrance day. I missed it this year though, so I just watched it yesterday. The memorial day argument reminded me. One of the best movies made IMO, and still the only one that gets me teary eyed.

Even the new "Taken" movie, which was pretty emotionally powerful didn't make me teary eyed, despite it's very solumn and sobering content.

Yhe its a great move about Australian & British battles during world war one.

i rember when this movie came out all the news reports on t.v & magazines talking about how the USA has tryed to put itself in another famous war victory when the fact is the USA was not even there.

Just like other U.S made movies where there were NO Americans at the real event, because they were chicken shiit.

most of Americas war movies, the USA was not even at the battle in question.

It's just American propaganda & thievery.

The Great Escape ........ based on the events of Australian solders.

U-571 ....... U-571 purports to tell the story of how the USA recovered Germany's secret Enigma codes.

The USA was not even involved ........ it was all the British.

The USA is embarrassed by its inability to do anything in either world war & it thinks if it put out these movies the American people will belive the propaganda,
& belive the USA is a great nation, ( which we all know it aint ) its a 3erd world nation at best.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1061
rath

Postby Mr_Headshot » Wed May 27, 2009 11:34 pm

A bridge too far ftw

Hey rath, you do realize that the war had been going on for several years before America joined and once we joined the war it was over in a matter of months right?
Sure, the Brits recovered the Enigma, who translated it though.
Are you trying to say America didn't land at Normandy beach in 1944? Do you also deny the Holocaust. I mean, I have a deceased grandparent who fought in Northern Africa and stormed Normandy...

Also, solo'd Japan while fronting Europe. Yep, America was useless alright. I have some 70 year old men who'd kick you into Hiroshima for touting that spew.

P.S. D-Day was WW2
Mr_Headshot

Postby Nesaie » Thu May 28, 2009 12:07 am

What? You didn't cry at "Ole Yeller"? Or "Where the red ferns grow"? Now those were tearjerkers.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu May 28, 2009 1:51 am

Nesaie wrote:What? You didn't cry at "Ole Yeller"? Or "Where the red ferns grow"? Now those were tearjerkers.

Bambi > both of those. Combined.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Lashmar » Thu May 28, 2009 2:20 am

A bridge too far is a great film. :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Thu May 28, 2009 7:07 am

Rath, it's WWII, on D-Day.

The Americans did make a landing in Normandy on D-day.

Nes-
Haven't seen either of them. My list of movies to watch are getting long...

I'll have to add "A Bridge too Far" also.

Bambi. :lol:
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu May 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Fkn' Enemy At the Gates!

Can't believe I forgot that one.

Sure it's about dem damn Commies, but it's still a great movie.

Even better for Rath, no Americans in it at all! :lol:

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts