The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Ancient Aliens: The Series

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby antz123 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:40 am

hey :)

nahh nothing month or so since new episodes. They dont have any indication over extension either

last few episodes were WAY over the top. pretty far fetched.
antz123

Postby WarAngel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:13 pm

It's about time the show came back. :thumbup: This season is looking good so far with exciting material. Alien Power Plants came up with some though provoking idea and made sense in the way it was presented.

All things considered as they would say "What if it were true?" :think:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby En-Lugal » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 pm

I really miss cable. :(
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby antz123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:10 am

War Angle

Last few episodes they havent done anything new. Let it be hypothesis but try n reach to newer things or revisit older ones for extra depth. Nazca episode absolutely nothing new was shown.

anyways just my opinion.
antz123

Postby WarAngel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:27 am

In "Alien Power Plants" they did put forth the theory that Mohenjo-daro was the result of a meltdown instead of a bomb. This makes sense because a bomb that close would vaporize everything, instead of irradiating the skeletons. The episode also reinforced the Giza Power Plant Theory.

However until yesterday I did skip the Einstein episode because the topic seemed uninteresting and like a giant stretch. The episode pretty lived up to expectations by just saying there were connections. I'd never heard of Einstein going into a trance before.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby WarAngel » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:15 am

Picked up Seasons 2,3 & 4 on Friday. :thumbup: Rewatching the 1st now and will work my way through the others when I can.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby antz123 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:59 am

@war angel

My another issue is am Indian, many theories or stories they talk are wrong bout India. I know what text says or mean than what they interpret.

But i just always felt its like creative license and may be its another way of looking at things.

Then i chanced upon one particular documentary, and I realized we falling in an ignorance trap. We dont know most of stuff they comment on.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

Found this site and this guy speaks like about Egypt stones etc very well. Then went around reading online about stones in different parts of Incas etc. The AA claimed stones as granite are infact sandstone.

So now to me the series is more like a nice fun series rather than anything truly questionable.
antz123

Postby WarAngel » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 am

Well that's certainly bad news. :( I would hope they'd fact check and better present their findings. After all they're trying to promote their theories as fact. What specificially have they gotten wrong. I know sometimes people like Georgio can get overly excited about things and jumps to conclusions quicker than most.

On another front I loved "The von Daniken Legacy" episode. It had a real get back to basics feel that is often lost in some episodes.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby MIBby » Sun May 12, 2013 11:42 am

I hoped there was a topic about this show.

I have mixed feelings about this show to be honest. On the one hand I love the historical facts I get presented with, on the other hand... couldn't they find a bit more believable people to be on this series? All in all, I have watched all seasons thusfar and I will continue to do so but my main problem is the recycling of topics. Yes, I do think I get your point about Egypt, or monolithic structures you paint as power surges around the world, or yes, Mexican ruins...

They keep going round and round over these various subjects, and I just hope they can find a few fresh things along the way. A whole episode about Von Daniken? What were they thinking?

Anyhow, hope the show stays though.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby WarAngel » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 pm

New season startted tonight. Not thrilled with the episode as it seems like they took anything that had three in it and connected it. Next one looks like it might be good though.

MIBby wrote:A whole episode about Von Daniken? What were they thinking?

That should have been saved for a last episode. Would have capped things off nicely since episode one is Chariots, Gods, and Beyond.

Basically a televised form of his book. :thumbup:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts