The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Gold in them there hills....

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby earthman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Hey all. I just thought i would post this. Me and a friend are gold prospectors and thought i would post one of our video's. We own a Highbanker/Dredge combo and prospect here in Ohio. Isn't much for gold here in Ohio but we do find it. It's good practice for a trip where it is good. This video is right after we got our new dredge. I'm the one in the video, my friend is filming with his Iphone, good video for an Iphone. It's a hobby and fun. Sorry i hadn't been around for a while. I just got a bit burnt on trying to get the satellite project going and just not getting anywhere. Me and my friend Regnad are Admin's of The UFO Bunker and just got burnt and have let it go. We havn't posted for ever there either. I know a few of you know our site and me. I'll try to come around more. But here is our video and you finnally get to see me for once. lol. In the video you see me running the dredge and clean-out. Then Using our spiral bowl for cleaning our concentrates. Then how much gold we get from the day. It was in southern Ohio, near Bainbridge Ohio. Thanks for watchin... lol.
earthman

Postby greeney2 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 am

Gold panning and dreading is a big thing to do out west here. Not real sure what the rules and regulations are on dreading. Use to be a big manufacturer of them only a few miles from me. Those and metal detectors are pretty popular. I would not think you would find any gold in Ohio since its all flat lands. California has a lot of gold in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, where all the run off rivers deposited gold in the valleys, and in the river beds. They still find gold, and just recently a very large gold nugget was found with a metal detector, not sure where.

Glad to see you back here, you wrote a few years ago you were going to send me a PM about something, but I never received anything. Too bad about the UFO bunker. At the very least you got an understanding of the things John has had to do over the years to keep the site going. When it growns, so does the problems with maintaining it.
greeney2

Postby capricorn » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Pretty darn cool... How much does a dredger like that cost you, if you don't mind me asking.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby earthman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 am

We got a deal from the maker. We went up to his place and got it. We got this one for 2500.00. It's a lot of fun and Ohio has some gold but not much. All glacial gold from Canada. Were going out west this year for some more fun. Hope like hell we find more then we get here, lol.

earthman
earthman

Postby greeney2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Plan on doing so good site seeing because you may find coming for gold alone and thinking you will strike it rich may not work out into more than a good time trying. :lol:
greeney2

Postby earthman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Actully, were part of the GPAA. We have claims all over the US. I can go about any state and pan on a claim. We have teams of folks that go. I have about 5 or 6 that want to go to Colorado this year on a trip. That would include our Highbanker/Dredge that's in the video, and 2 more of the same thing but differant brands. There is always a chance we might find a spot that pays off. But i have a place out there from back in 81 that i want to go back to. I can stake a claim on it if i find an ounce of so there. I checked the BLM in Colorado and I could claim that spot, it's fair game as of yet. When i was there back then i was hikiing a lot back then. It was a little over 9000 feet and came across an old mine that was caved in interance. Old mine cart rusted in the creek. Wow i thought. but i was not into gold back then but did see some. now i am a prospector and want to go back and maybe open the mine back up, we are aloud to. And it's not marked on any map either. The BLM said that is a cool thing to find one not mapped. They have records from the 1800's. So, can't wait.. It's all in fun though. We should make enough to pay for the trip atleast. But you never know...

earthman
earthman

Postby greeney2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:40 pm

You may want to check real close in where ever you are planning to go, how the BLM may have tight rules and restrictions, if not total closures of places. What used to be wide open places to go is no restricted to any off roading, or entry that is not on foot. It has affected many things from Desert motorcycle races and club events, to rock hounding, or collecting fossils. Land erosion is a big deal from off roading, and going off graded roads is not allowed many places now. I have no idea about the organization you are in, but you may want to check out your plans first, so you are not running into a problem when you get here.
greeney2

Postby earthman » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:12 am

Your state wont let us use our dredges anymore. It's in court though. My spot i already checked. but we have to park there at the road, and hike way up.It's a climb from the road so it will be tough. Were just going to take pans at first and see if it will be worth it first. To dredge on that spot, we have to file some permits and claim forms then wait some and pay some good money. It is a hassle. But we have the GPAA behind us and will help with it.

eathman
earthman

Postby greeney2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 am

Good luck with that. I know in California the BLM only allows certain things in certain areas that are defined. They know that limiting where you can drive and park, will stop you from whatever that hike up to your destination. Not sure about the rules of dredging, but pretty sure it is considerd as harmful as erosion from dirt bikes, jeeps, etc. They frown on things that may alter the natural run off of streams, etc. I'm sure you have read about the effects of the old hydraulic mining in California. I'll do a little checking with my rock and gem club about dredging, may not be new to you, but I'll ask about it. As I was thinking, you will have many obsticales, and the places you may be planning on the most, like the Placerville region, will be the most restricted. My son in Law also has dreding equipment, I will see what he knows.

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/casudrredrre.html

The above may not be new news to you, but something I was not aware of because I'm not into it. Hope it helps, but sounds like you may already know about these laws.
greeney2

Postby earthman » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:03 am

Well, i went and moved. I moved out to Denver Colorado. There's gold in these here hills. Now my spot is only around 70 miles from here. Found my vary first girlfriend on facebook and moved out here with her. Were vary happy too. I went out over the weekend and got may pan wet a bit. Found a few flakes. Just wanted to get my pan wet a little so we went out to the mountians. Found a nice creek and stopped. Just tried a few pans full and found a few flakes. Nice amount of black sands, which is a good sign. Didn't get my sluice box out, just tried a few pans full. Man it felt good. Just waiting on it to warm up a bit. Still cold up in the mountians. Gettin to old to handle the cold now. Hit that 50 mark and can't handle the cold anymore, lol.

earthman
earthman

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts