The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

More Deaths from Hammers/Clubs than Rifles

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby capricorn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:10 am

Fox news wrote:Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.
And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/20 ... z2M1QqGnZI
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:58 pm

BAN ASSAULT HAMMERS
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:20 am

Again, the point taken is hammers don't kill people, people do. I'm sure if you made the same comparison, you would find murders with chain saws, meat cleavers, and axes. People have died in golf carts too.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 am

Once they realized cell phone use during driving was dangerous, they put up a ban.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:44 am

at1with0 wrote:Once they realized cell phone use during driving was dangerous, they put up a ban.

Hey at1with0...knock it off with the banning stuff...everyone knows cell phones are protected by the Constitution of the United States...here..

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear cell phones, shall not be infringed

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 pm

They banned driving with them, as with most states they banned when and where you can carry guns, but neither was banned from having them. Just their use was regulated.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 am

This coming weekend I am going to try to visit this Pizza Place down in Virginia Beach , Virginia where the owner gives a 15% discount if you come in with your Concealed Carry Permit or carrying open your handgun.

Here this link...

http://www.allaroundpizza.com/

Never been there but I am willing to check it out.

It seems that some other businesses are also following suit here lately.

While I don't know about the more deaths from hammers/clubs than rifles...I do know that the nations which have banned firearm possession have put the lives and properties of many peoples at risk...and by this the value of their citizenry also at risk to those who would try to commandeer their lives and properties.

With break ins rising in these nations and areas..I wonder what the insurance rates are doing in these same areas. It would seem that rates would rise. Rising rates which must be paid by the property owners working harder and taking more RISKS in earning more monies to pay the same. Thus decreasing the value of their lives and labors...their RISK taking.
None of this type of view is ever spoken about by anti gun peoples...like Piers Morgan. That other peoples lives are put at RISK when you remove the ability of people to protect themselves and their properties.

When one has to work/labor harder to replace property over and over and over...people stop doing what they are doing or if able.. move to a more secure area.

This just does not seem like a very intelligent thing for a government to be doing ..going down such a path as to disarm their people..particularly if the government is not in a position to protect the lives and properties of these peoples.

The net result is to put their people at greater risk and expense. This is not public welfare...but political welfare. Political subsidy.
Subsidizing the body politic.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby capricorn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 am

at1with0 wrote:Once they realized cell phone use during driving was dangerous, they put up a ban.

If they want to ban driving and using guns that's fine by me. I don't know the law by heart but I'm pretty sure drive by shootings are already illegal.

The funny part is drive-by shootings and cell phone use still happens even though it is illegal. Criminals will do what they want to do regardless of a ban or not. This is the very definition of a criminal.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts