The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Freedom of Information Act

OTA Reports - Cleaning Up Contaminated Wood-Treating Sites

Come in to discuss your experience and troubles with the FOIA. Let everyone know what you are researching, and how you are doing!

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:00 pm

I don't know if this will help anyone but I am a direct witness to the contents of this FOIA document. Page 23, Box 2-7 describes the site in Conroe, Texas. This site is unfortunately the neighborhood in which my family owned a house. We lived in that house for about 3 years and I remember that when it rained, water would run from the site through our back yard.

I remember when it was identified as a Superfund site, my parents had to abandon the house. We found out that all parties involved in developing and selling the property in that neighborhood knew that it was on a toxic waste dump and did not reveal that to the buyers. After an 11 year legal battle which the home buyers won, we received effectively nothing. The Texas Good Ol' Boy system was identified as the reason why. The lawyers made a lot of money, the victims got nothing. No Erin Brockovich's in Texas. The mistake was in going in on a class action suit. Those who sued separately were settled quickly with compensation. Let that be a lesson to you. Meso Doug gets a commercial on tv every 10 minutes but the victims of that neighborhood got nothing.

I remember the cleanup crews wearing anti-contamination clothing while bulldozing the site. And the houses right next to ours were demolished and fenced off. The EPA came and dug a deep hole in our front yard.

My high school biology teacher had us bring water samples to study under the microscope. He had the samples analyzed so we would know,what we were looking at. He came back and told me that my water sample, from our back yard, contained PCP. Lovely! He wanted to know where I got the water from. This could be what kicked off the investigation by the EPA.
CodeBlackv2

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:21 pm

GPS coordinates, if you are curious.
30 20" 1' N 95 27" 30' W
Those used to be houses. I wonder if the people living there know about this.
CodeBlackv2

Postby blackvault » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:38 am

Not sure if you knew this, but I have 100% of the reports created by the OTA.

http://www.theblackvault.com/m/articles ... ssessment+

Maybe you can offer a link to the document you are referencing?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Return to Freedom of Information Act

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts