The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Valentine's Day

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Hope you all had a nice Valentine"s Day, I know we did on our annual trek up the California coast for our 40th anniversary this year. Thought I would share one of the most amazing sites of the weekend, actually on Thursday our anniversary. In the little town of Cambria, near the Hearst Castle, I was sitting outside waiting the Mrs G2 to shop, and the most awesome, perfectly restored early 40's Woody, drove past me. This car was immaculate and the caliber of one of those you would see in a Barret Jackson Auction, for probably 100,000 plus. That is pure California to see one of those surfer woodys. Even that is not the real treat we got that day.

When California weather is at its finest, it doesn't get much better than the weather we had this year. Picture perfect blue skys, the hills had turned green with the rains, The California Oaks, and the Ocean so calm and clear you could see past Anacapa Islands. Not Far from the Montana De Oro state park area, we glanced up to the hillside where the scrub oaks and shrubs ended, and pure grass grazing started, we we spotted a herd of at least 12-15 deer. Most I have ever seen at one time is 3-4, so we were so caught off guard, we turned around on the highway to take another look. By that time a Park Ranger was also viewing them probably counting and recording the herd, so we pulled over on the road to look. They probably were about 200-300 yds from the road, and stopped standing still, staring at out truck, until they began to hop over the fence and go back in the back country. To my total disbelief, along the same fence line a few hundred yards away from the deer at the same time was a Flock of at least 15 wild turkeys.(Not sure if flock is the correct term.)We were driving between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay, if you are familar with it, only about 3 miles from the Morro Bay smoke stacks, where we spotted them.

I was a great sighting for us both, where we do not get to see many of those at all, let alone that many in numbers. Really made our day very special. Amazingly only our truck and the rangers stopped, as I do not think anyone else noticed them. Also spotted many big hawks, but also several white Herons, very near the roads on the ground.
Last edited by greeney2 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:14 am

Greeny 2,

I did not celebrate Valentines day as per ususal.

I do enjoy seeing such a restored vehicle as you described and have not seen one of those Woodys in year and years. Restored..in good shape they are a eyecatcher. It takes alot of time and monies to get one of those vehicles back to showroom condition and I can appreciate such workmanship and a page out of history. It is a rare privilige to see such an vehicle in such condition.

Thanks for the description of the experience,

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby blackvault » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Off Topic
I would recommend not using The Social Network Buzz feature when replying to a post and just use the normal method. It may get confusing trying to figure out where everything is.

The feature will be primarily used by those members who choose NOT to register on The Black Vault but want to make a general comment... then, you can reply to individual posts. However, I think it would be ok to use both, and copy and paste in a reply to the social network buzz IF you feel your friends would like to see it, and you'd like to share it.

Hope that makes sense.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Didn't realize it at the time, and could not figure out deleting it. First time I have seen that way of posting.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Off Topic
I went ahead and moved it more towards the bottom, and moved the normal "Reply" button up. I hope that helps.

Let's move discussion on this topic to: topic8595.html
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts