|Another topic merged from A War on Terrorism and Homeland Security Forum to this thread. Identical topics / posts.|
blackvault wrote:Snopes has offered a rebuttal to the Sandy Hook "Crisis Actors" conspiracy theory.
I am unable to paste it all here, but it can be accessed at: http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp
snopes wrote:The seeming contradiction over how Adam Lanza could have used a Bushmaster version AR-15 rifle in the shootings when that same weapon was supposedly found locked in the trunk of his car afterwards was cleared up a few days later. The weapon found in the trunk of Lanza's car was a shotgun, not an AR-15
ctpost.com wrote:Sandy Hook affidavits remain sealed
By John Pirro
DANBURY -- A state Superior Court judge said Thursday that search warrant affidavits for the cars and home of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza and his mother would stay sealed for another 90 days.
Judge John Blawie granted motions filed Wednesday by Danbury State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky to extend the statutory sealing period for the five warrants, including three for the Yogonanda Street home where the 20-year-old Lanza fatally shot his mother, Nancy, four times in the face on the morning of Dec. 14, before embarking on the rampage that left 20 first-graders and six educators dead.
The judge's order also covers the two other search warrants, for the 2010 Honda Civic Adam Lanza drove to the school and for Nancy Lanza's 2009 silver BMW, which was parked in the garage attached to the home.
"The court finds that due to the nature and circumstances of this case and the ongoing investigation, the state's interest in continuing nondisclosure substantially outweighs any right to public disclosure at this time," Blawie wrote.
Barbara T. Roessner, executive editor of Hearst Connecticut Newspapers, said editors and attorneys for the Hearst group are reviewing the order and considering whether to challenge it.
Had the extensions not been granted, three of the affidavits, along with an inventory of any potential evidence seized, would have been available for public inspection on Friday.
The initial 14-day sealing period for the remaining two would have expired Monday and Tuesday.
Sedensky said in his applications that the affidavits contained information "not known to the general public" and that premature disclosure would "seriously jeopardize the outcome and success of the investigation" by "divulging sensitive and confidential information" known only to investigators.
Although no arrests have been made and "none are contemplated," Sedensky also said the possibility has not been ruled out, and that releasing the information would make it difficult to solve crimes that others might have committed.
Sedensky was out of the office Wednesday and Thursday and unavailable for comment.
Connecticut State Police have said that all four weapons recovered after the shootings had been purchased legally by Nancy Lanza. Lt. J. Paul Vance, the state police spokesman, said the investigation, which involved state and local police along with the FBI and federal Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents, could take several months.
Source: http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/art ... 150259.php
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests