The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Black Vault Website & Forum Support

Foes List

Need help? Do not know how to do something? Ask here! You may find your issue already addressed, so make sure you read through some of the threads already in existence.

Postby blackvault » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Kybasser wrote:Thanks John. I was going to use the "ignore poster" or the whimsily named "foes" function of this board so I would not have to pretend some posts were not made. The function simply would not let me add users to the "foes" list to hide their posts, and the box kept coming back empty after confirming the action. It was very similar to the issue I had trying to send you a private message to ask about that function. In that, I was able to get the PM addressed, but the site would not allow me to click in the text box area to type the message. I was just wondering if you had some of the functions turned off? I just didn't want to clutter the board up with this kind of trivial stuff. I have been a moderator on other outdoor forums, and I try to respect all rules, and so I thought I would try to just keep the board clean. I hadn't seen the other board.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Let me first ask what browser and version number are you using?

I have tested this feature, and it does work fine. It sounds like it may be a browser issue?

All you need to do is go into your User Control Panel, click on the friends and foes tab, then the Manage Foes link on the left, then type in the person's name.

I see if you click on Find a Member and search that way, it may not work as easy.

Let me know if that works for you.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby Kybasser » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks John, I did do the exact process you suggested. I even went and copied the name from a post, still no luck. It just won't let me save the name. I get the name in there, and hit submit (I think that is the radio button name), and then I get the confirm this action... yes or no, and I click yes, but when it refreshes, the name is gone, and the posts still appear.

NOT a big issue, besides no new posts from that poster for reasons I am sure you KNOW.... LMAO!!!

BTW, I left MS IE8 or 9, and switched to Google Chrome. Maybe the issue is the browser, or maybe one of my security settings, even including some of the security software I run. I don't know. Now that I know the function is turned on, then I know I can't use it with this browser unless I make some kind of change.

Again, not a big issue. Like I said, I can simply pretend a post doesn't exist... that just takes more personal discipline, and I'm just being lazy wanting to use the site to do the work for me!! LOL

Thanks again, and I LOVE the site!!!

Danny
Kybasser

Postby blackvault » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 am

The easy way to see if it might be the browser, is to try another one you may have installed on your computer (IE still?) I like Chrome a lot, but I've noticed a LOT of limitations on websites, so it wouldn't surprise me if a certain security setting may prohibit you from saving the foes list. And I think that is true for any browser.

Anyhow, I would recommend to try another browser, and see how that works.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Return to Black Vault Website & Forum Support

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts