The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Loud "booms" over Western KY and area

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Kybasser » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm

1/10/2013

Hello,

I'm a new member, and I came here to see if I could find anything out about the subject line. We live in southwest KY, near some strip mines. Lately, at least a month, maybe two, we've been hearing what we believed to be the strip mines blasting. However, the strip mines have reportedly closed and ceased all operations. Some of the "booms" are loud enough to vibrate our windows and shake our house. Then a couple of nights ago, my wife and I heard what sounded like a loud jet engine flying overhead, at low altitude. I have no idea just how low, as I haven't heard or seen anything ever make that noise around us. It was much louder than the propeller driven planes that routinely fly around here at relatively low altitude. I jumped up, and headed outside to see if I could see anything. The sky was clear, and I could observe no low altitude aircraft, but I did see three very high airplanes, I base that on the blinking lights on what I believed to be their wings. It sounded like I could faintly hear the engines of one of those aircraft, but it was a fraction of the decibel level that we had just heard earlier. We have seen several military helicopters in the area, and I just figured the National Guard were on maneuvers here, as they have been several times over the past few years. Then tonight we read that the same "booms" are being heard in a town that is at least 35 miles north of us, and that would definitely rule out the local strip mines. Additionally, the local news out of Evansville, IN have featured stories on local residences reporting the same thing, loud booms, and vibrating of their houses. I wonder if it could just be sonic booms from military aircraft, but it was my understanding that was illegal for them to create sonic booms over populated areas. We are only about 90-100 miles from Fort Campbell, home to the 101st airborne unit, and maybe 100-120 miles from Fort Knox. Additionally there are many military bases in Illinois, as well as just about 200-250 miles south of us is Tullahoma, TN.

I'm hoping maybe someone will have heard these, or know what they are. I'll be checking back. I appreciate any and all information anyone can provide. Links to articles are appreciated. BTW, I read the link on the news section about the UFO in December 2012 from Lawrence, KY.

Thanks everyone!
Kybasser

Postby Kybasser » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:33 am

Update on Booms over area... 1/11/2013

I was reading the Messenger-Inquirer this morning from Owensboro, KY, and they had a story regarding the booms being heard up in Evansville, IN. Many people say they hear the booms at night, and have reported the same things I have, shaking the house, rattling the windows, etc.. They say they have contacted the weather service which in response has said they can provide no meteorological cause for the noises or shock waves. They have also contacted the only mine operator in the area, and they say they can not blast at night, so that wasn't them either. Authorities report they have contacted all state agencies including the Homeland Security Department (not clear if it was the state homeland security or national), but they have not heard back from any of the agencies with what it might be. Almost all are saying the sounds seem to be emanating from the air. However, one report said the sound came from the water pipes.

Currently they law enforcement agencies say they are trying to investigate any reports and mostly now trying to monitor chatter on social media sites such as Facebook and twitter. I find that interesting in itself.

I am more curious than ever. Oh yes, some of those reporting the sounds say they sound like sonic booms to them, as they do to me as well. Many years ago I did have the fortune of experiencing a sonic boom in person, and these are very reminiscent of the sound and feel of the pressure wave.

I'm still hoping someone here will have some suggestions or insight as to what these sounds might be.

Thanks,

Dan
Kybasser

Postby Kybasser » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:53 am

I have sure been hoping someone would have some ideas at least. They have already started again today. This morning as early as 9 am, we had the noises. We have noticed some damage to our house that we think has been caused by the vibrations that accompany these booms. I'm looking for anyone with any ideas... come on folks... help us out!!!! Thanks!

Danny
Kybasser

Postby Kybasser » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 am

Good Morning,

It's 1/22/2013, and even though I've not been getting any replies, thought I'd give an update. I hope someone or some people are interested.

The booms stopped for a few days. Not sure why, and the local Evansville news says that the people in Evansville have also reported the booms had stopped. But then this morning, one at least has returned. I've begun to notice a pattern. The booms that we've been hearing since Dec. seem to only happen on cloudy days. We had clear skies for the last several days, no sounds, not glass rattling, nothing. Then this morning we had another boom that rattled the windows. I went outside and noticed that we had very high clouds. I don't know the scientific names for them, but they are the ones that are flat, and are the first ones to arrive as a front approaches. I'd estimate we had approximately 80% cloud cover, and they were all very high, not at all like a thunder front, which would be very unlikely given the outside temps are around 20 degrees this morning.

I've kind of come to think of these as one of three possible things....
1) Thunder... though the meteorological service has said that wasn't the case as there was no activity that would have caused the booms.
2) Sound waves bouncing off the cloud cover. Perhaps there is some kind of mining operation going on a way from here, but the clouds are keeping the sound waves from just dissipating into the atmosphere, and are reflecting them back down on us.
3) Could they be sonic booms from aircraft that are only flown when there is cloud cover so there would be no chance of seeing the craft?

I don't know... guess I'll just have to put up with the sounds.

Still, love the site, and will be around. I appreciate those who have read my ramblings, and as always, if anyone has any idea what the sounds could be, please feel free to post any and all suggestions.

Thanks!!!!
Kybasser

Postby blackvault » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 am

Thank you for keeping us all updated. Even though you are not receiving a response, you can rest assured, your posts are still being read. Quite a few people come here to read this information, but never post.

I hope you will continue to report any new events, and thanks again!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Kybasser » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks John, I appreciate the words of encouragement. Being a more rural setting, even though I had hoped someone may have some ideas, I was really kind of figuring most of the users would not be in this area or as concerned. Maybe concerned is the wrong word...LOL.. maybe I need a vocabulary course. Anyway, I'll still be around and if something else starts happening, I'll report it.

I do really like this site.

Danny
Kybasser

Postby insanislupus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:14 am

Found this thread by Google searching "loud boom Kentucky". I got off the phone with my aunt a few hours ago and she told me that a week ago she heard two booms while in bed, sometime after midnight. A friend of hers that lives near heard them, too. Another friend of hers reported the booms so loud it shook her house and that she heard a roar in the sky beforehand. Well, another news article that popped up was this one from 2009:

Loud Boom Rocks Southern Kentucky

27 NEWSFIRST started receiving phone calls tonight telling us a loud boom, or series of booms were heard this evening in Southern Kentucky.
So we called emergency officals, to find out what is going on.
Brian Reams of the Laurel county EMS tells us they've had calls from Jackson to London, about a loud boom.
He says there are no reports of any injuries or damage.
In the last little bit, Reams says he's been told by the state police in London that according to the FAA, the boom is from falling debris, coming from two satellites that collided in space.
The debris re-entering the atmosphere caused the loud boom, and then burned up before hitting earth.
Reams says it could have covered a 500 mile area.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/39600267.html

There is also a lot of articles covering noises in our atmosphere that scientists are saying could have explainable causes, but that's not really a field I am knowledgeable enough about to discuss. Just adding another possibility.
insanislupus

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:19 pm

That is interesting, but I would have to question at what altitude the burning up is complete, and that would mean, far above the altitude a sonic boom could be created. I could be wrong, but I do know the Space Shuttle sonic boom could be herd quit a long distance when it landed at Edwards.

By the way Welcome to the board, good stuff you brought, and good discussion material. Thank You!
greeney2

Postby Kybasser » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks for replying insaneislupis and greeny2. I'm still wondering why the booms quit when the cloud cover disappeared and haven't come back, even though it has gotten cloudy. I would gladly consider the explanation of the satellite debris if it had only happened once or twice in one day, but these happened over almost two months here. They got no attention until a couple were heard in Evansville, IN, about 90 miles or so from here. Kind of one of those things I consider about the population, more people there, so more attention given by the local news... it is after all about TV viewership most of the time.

We had a thunderstorm near by today, and it was clear what we had been hearing is not the same as thunder.

To me, the strongest of them felt and sounded like the sonic booms I heard many, many years ago. Given the proximity of so many military bases, I am still considering the idea of sonic booms.

I have said previously I want to believe in all the fantastic things pointing to alien visitation, but just wanting to believe won't automatically make me accept the claims without substantial evidence. Also, I have loved reading about the "triangular" aircraft our secret space command have that can reduce their mass using a magnetic/electric field, and that these aircraft then can achieve fantastically high velocities and even space travel. If this is true, then I think it becomes criminal that our gov't would allow the testing of more standard hyper-sonic aircraft, which has failed each time, leading to the loss of very expensive experimental aircraft, plus I think would also criminalize the continued suppression of this information and having astronauts risk their lives so in the Russian launches and former shuttle launches. But I realize that is a story for another thread, just that if the stories are true, then perhaps the sonic booms could be from the flight of these "triangles."

Thanks,

Danny
Kybasser

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Were they loud like a sonic boom shaking windows or were the booms from underground? I remember someone writing about strange noise from the ground, and I replied it had reminded me of the after shocks we had after the Northridge Earthquake. Loud rumbles would emit from the ground, seconds before it would shake the ground and house. It went on for several months. Also the only ones hearing it were like my home that was almost on top of the epicenter. It could be you are looking for answers in the wrong direction, maybe the noise if from below you, not above?
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts