The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

Whoa: Physicists testing to see if universe is a computer si

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:24 am

Whoa: Physicists testing to see if universe is a computer simulation

By Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow – 15 hrs ago

Will you take the red pill or the blue pill?

Some physicists and university researchers say it's possible to test the theory that our entire universe exists inside a computer simulation, like in the 1999 film "The Matrix."

In 2003, University of Oxford philosophy professor Nick Bostrom published a paper, "The Simulation Argument," which argued that, "we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation." Now, a team at Cornell University says it has come up with a viable method for testing whether we're all just a series of numbers in some ancient civilization's computer game.

Researchers at the University of Washington agree with the testing method, saying it can be done. A similar proposal was put forth by German physicists in November.

Source
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby selfhelpnation » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:07 pm

I was so excited to hear about this. If they end up in an unexplained freak accident or go missing, we'll know what's up.
selfhelpnation

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:23 pm

selfhelpnation wrote:I was so excited to hear about this. If they end up in an unexplained freak accident or go missing, we'll know what's up.

If that does happen, I'm going to pretend I never read that article and disavow any knowledge. :shifty:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby natatskege » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm

This was so interesting, so are we in atari or xbox phase.
natatskege

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts