The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

What some people believe

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby En-Lugal » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 pm

One important difference between faith and technology? One of these can be brought to it's knees by a single EMP pulse. Think on that for a moment.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 pm

There is no shortage of youtube videos all over the internet, on every subject from God, to the War in the middle east, most of which are not even worthy of watching. As if we have not seen a million of carefully crafted videos, all led the viewer down some primrose path of thinking.
greeney2

Postby qmark » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 pm

at1with0 wrote:Faith is suffering.

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

We were not promised an easy ride.
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 am

qmark wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Faith is suffering.

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

We were not promised an easy ride.

I didn't mean to suggest otherwise, or that I want/expect "God" to fight my battles and do my homework for me.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 am

En-Lugal wrote:One important difference between faith and technology? One of these can be brought to it's knees by a single EMP pulse. Think on that for a moment.

Hehe

Blessed be the meekness of the flesh, I watch as it withers and dies.
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 am

Another video attacking W. Craig's arguments.

For starters, objects don't all necessarily have a beginning. The big bang is not necessarily the beginning of reality.

The God predicted by the cosmological argument wouldn't necessarily be the Biblical God.
at1with0

Postby SmokinJoe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I watched the first video, up to about 6:30 seconds (where the lady was attempting to teach the child world views). I believe the biggest problem with ANY belief system or view (atheistic, agnostic, etc...) is this "line in the sand" mentality.

Forcing one's own interpretation of Genesis on a child and claiming emphatically that the Earth cannot be millions of years old because it goes against God is utterly wrong. You are tellling that child that they cannot believe in God and an old Earth filled with dinosaurs. Emphatic, "my way or the highway" thinking hurts everyone.

Jumping to any conclusion either way is the opposite of what the Bible teaches. Learning about our universe, God and ourselves is totally encouraged throughout the NT. While "young Earth" christians are out there espousing their views, it is equally true that "old Earth" christians are also in existence and sharing their views as well.

The examples shown in the first video demonstrate why christians are viewed the way we are. Too many out there see these examples, and use that same stick to judge all of us by.

Personally, I believe in an old Earth. As do many christians. I don't see a problem with some things in evolution and christianity. I certainly do not believe we started as fish, came out of the ocean, became ape men, then changed into homo sapiens. If we truly have all of those mutations in us, then why don't scientists believe in the possibility of humans shape shifting into these kinds of animals? if those mutations exist within us, maybe there exists a process in nature that makes that plausible. Yet, not one scientists believes we can change into any other living creature on the planet.

I personally don't believe we can shape shift into anything, but then again, I don't believe we have those mutations in us to begin with.
Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.
SmokinJoe

Postby at1with0 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 am

Good post, SJ.

Here's another video. This time it makes light of those with non-Christian beliefs.

at1with0

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:22 pm

at1with0 wrote:Good post, SJ.

Here's another video. This time it makes light of those with non-Christian beliefs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 am

From what I hear, Bob Larson is quite a jerk....Never encountered him myself though.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts