The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Proof of NASA Editing Photos

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 am

NASA-1.png
NASA-1.png (321 KiB) Viewed 643 times

This is pretty interesting, and verifiable by anyone. The source URL for NASA is still online to download the photo for yourself (as of 1/19/13): http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100420.html. There are no notes about anything being omitted from the photo.

Here is the official caption:

"Explanation: What would it be like to see a sky with many moons? Such is the sky above Saturn. When appearing close to each other, moons will show a similar phase. A view with two of the more famous moons of Saturn in gibbous phase was captured last month by the robot spacecraft Cassini now orbiting Saturn. Titan, on the left, is among the largest moons in the Solar System and is perpetually shrouded in clouds. In 2005, the Huygens probe landed on Titan and gave humanity its first view of its unusual surface. Dione, on the right, has less than a quarter of Titan's diameter and has no significant atmosphere. The above uncalibrated image was taken on April 10 after Cassini swooped by each moon the previous week."

What could they be hiding? This is a clear attempt to hide SOMETHING from the original photo... but what?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:21 pm

That's some nice evidence and NASA wonders why no one trusts them.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby blackvault » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Could this be a possible explanation?

FoxNews wrote:Conspiracy Theorists Confident: Altered Image a NASA Cover-Up

Alien conspiracy theorists are confident they've caught NASA in the act of covering up the fact that we are not alone in the universe.
A video posted on YouTube yesterday showed how an image of Saturn's moons Dione and Titan, taken by NASA's Cassini orbiter, had been digitally altered before being added to the space agency's Picture of the Day website.

In the video, "DominatorPS3" turned up the brightness levels on the photo to show that a "huge" object can be seen behind the smaller moon, Dione. Clearly visible are brush strokes that show how the rainbow aura of the object has been blacked out.

"More solid proof of NASA/ government cover-ups," DominatorPS3 said. "And this is recent. You can do this yourself!!"
Of course, being the Internet, it didn't take long for the truth to get out there, so to speak.

The person responsible for the manipulation, Emily Lakdawalla, told a forum of excitable theorists that she made the changes because of the way Cassini takes photos.

"Cassini takes color pictures by snapping three sequential photos through red, green and blue filters," she said. "In the time that separated the three frames, Dione moved, so if I did a simple color composite I would be able to make Titan look right, but not Dione; or Dione look right, but not Titan."
"So I aligned Dione, cut it out, and then aligned Titan," Lakdwalla explained, "and then had to account for the missing bits of shadow where the bits of Dione had been in two of the three channels."

She explained the process further at Planetary.org but it still wasn't enough for the alien hunters, particularly DominatorPS3.
"Thanks for the feedback and explanation," he said in a comment on Lakdwalla's YouTube post. "However I still remain skeptical, because someone still could have ordered her to 'cut it or something out.'"

"But thanks for putting that info up so others can read it; I am not trying to convince people what I believe," he wrote.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/ ... age-cover/
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:04 am

I'm not buying it, personally.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts