The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Government and Political Conspiracies

NSA and Stellar Wind

Throughout time, there have been countless government and political conspiracies that have kept us wondering. This forum is dedicated to that very topic. Got a conspiracy theory of your own? Post it, and try to back it up as best you can!

Postby magonia17 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:56 am

Stellar Wind is the open secret code name for certain information collection activities performed by the United States' National Security Agency and revealed by Thomas M. Tamm to New York Times reporters James Risen and Eric Lichtblau.[1] The operation was approved by President George W. Bush shortly after the September 11 attacks in 2001.[2]

The program's activities involve data mining of a large database of the communications of American citizens, including e-mail communications, phone conversations, financial transactions, and Internet activity.

There were internal disputes within the Justice Department about the legality of the program, because data are collected for large numbers of people, not just the subjects of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants.

During the Bush Administration, the Stellar Wind cases were referred to by FBI agents as "pizza cases" because many seemingly suspicious cases turned out to be food takeout orders. According to Mueller, approximately 99 percent of the cases led nowhere, but "it's that other 1% that we've got to be concerned about". One of the known uses of these data were the creation of suspicious activity reports, or "SARS", about people suspected of terrorist activities. It was one of these reports that revealed former New York governor Elliot Spitzer's use of prostitutes, even though he was not suspected of terrorist activities.

In March 2012 Wired Magazine published "The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)" talking about a new NSA facility and says "For the first time, a former NSA official has gone on the record to describe the program, codenamed Stellar Wind, in detail." Naming the official William Binney a former NSA code breaker. Binney goes on to say that the NSA has highly secured rooms that tap into major switches, and satellite communications at AT&T and Verizon both. The article suggests that the otherwise dispatched Stellar Wind is actually an active program.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_Wi ... de_name%29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PIPHNlAxY4
magonia17

Postby orangetom1999 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:46 am

Many years ago..I used to work on the construction of the Los Angeles class or 688 class submarine program.

As a new radio operator..learning through CB bands and some input of hams...I would go into the radio rooms, before the cypher locks were installed, and keep tabs of how the construction was going. I would look closely at what type of coaxial cable and other tie in's to system operation were taking place. I would study the IFF/Identification Friend or Foe hook ups up to the antenna system up in the sail of the boat as well as other antenna systems. New systems being installed to replace olde systems etc etc etc.

This went on through several boats before the light bulb really came on. Until then I was just interested mostly in the radio/two way communications systems.

What came to me one day ..is that the US Navy ..particularly submarines...are spy vessels. They collect all kinds of informatoins...from A to Z as the yard sale label goes. Radio, sonar, etc etc etc. This informations is then transmitted to other listening/analyzing stations where it can be further broken down into useful informations and analyzed for a big picture.

What dawned on me eventually ..is that we spy on our friends and enemies alike. We also spy on our own people. That the US Navy was an integral part of a bigger information gathering system for someone who really runs our government..not with the best interest of our people in mind..but the best interest of someone who is the real government of this country. Or put another way..a government which is not the product advertised. Just like our leadership has been for a long long time now.

So when people post about our own government spying on our people..it is not a new thing to me.

Spying on our own people has been going on longer than most are aware. All technology has done is bring this spying and intrusiveness into our living rooms and bedrooms.

What some of you need to be doing is investigating and feeling out to others knowlegeable in the field and then teaching others how this spying and intrusiveness works. Then thinking through how to overcome or slow down much of it. This is what needs to be communicated to people who can still think for themselves. Or as put another way...via.. Henry David Thoreau..and his Essays on Civil Disobedience...throw a stick in the spokes of the wheel.

Much of this syping and intrusiveness, I believe, is abased on systems carefully put in place which offer much convenience to the user...but built into them is the monitoring capability. Or put another way..lack of privacy. The convenience of these systems is not necessarily put forth to help you and me..but to also help monitor/spy on you and me.

This is why I believe in the future..the Amish will come under attack. First off they are religious and our government does not like Bible believing people in particular. And second ..they are not in the system and the way they conduct themselves insures privacy in much more of their dealings than does the rest of us who are heavily tied into this monitoring system.

Amish as a whole do not use debit/credit cards. Have SSNs. They keep to themselves for the most part and are highly sectarian. They are not non sectarian. This particularly flags them as enemies of the state...which is highly non sectarian. The state does not approve of sectarian people.

When a government has to go after and single out a small group of people like the Amish...it clearly demonstrates how insecure and immature they are in said government and they will use the system in place to do it and also pass judgement on these peoples. Trial by press.
This is an up and coming trend which wil be expanding in the future.
People like the Amish are independent, self sufficient, very private, and by these virtues represent a clear and present danger to the system which desires to be overlord of everything....feudalism.

Nonetheless...what many here should be doing is communicating methods to navigate around this monitoring system to those willing to see, hear, and understand. This is how you gain privacy and indepencence. Sectarianism..not non sectarianism.

Learning from the Amish would be a beginning.

What you do in your private affairs is nobody's business. The only reason for a immature and inseure government to delve into your private affairs is that they are being lead to do so by someone who is the real government who wants to remain hidden and concealed to protect their private affairs. This is feudalism...Royalty. The very thing the founders wanted to avoid in this land.

The tell tale sign of this immaturity and insecurity is that the very thing they want from you...lack of privacy..they are not subject to themselves. They do not give the same to us that they demand from us. This is royalty/feudalism. In otherwords..they are not a represenative government. They represent someone or something but not the people of this nation.

The informations is out there...you just have to be able to locate someone who can teach you how to navigate around many of these information gathering methods in order to insure your privacy.
Be careful of many of the publications on this informations..much of it is out of date as the technology is rapidly changing.

Knowledge/information is power.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:26 pm

I'm not too sure look at the coaxial cables and wires told you a thing about spying, but you are probably not wrong about subs having some kinds of spy capability. I doubt if our nuclear subs are spying on the Amish growing corn. :lol: All these numbers the Amish do not have, it could be said that radical Muslim sleeper cells, also do not have some of these same numbers. So why shouldn't anyone without accountability be unsuspected?

You are right we all are some form of number we are attached to, in order to be known. They make sure of that now requiring all newborns to have SS #s. It is those who are unknown, or under some false ID we have to be worried about. I am just as much against the Amish being identified, as the Islamic women who protested having a full face picture for a drivers licence. You of all people would know in government jobs, it is not periods of employment that you are accountable for, they focus on times you were not employed where you were. They look to see if your passport could show trips to places that raise questions. I could not work where I worked without every week of my life, not known, particularly if you left the country, what you were doing, especially when you were not employed. Yes, we are connected to numbers, and the numbers do confirm who you are, and what possible motives you could have if you are unknown. Illegal aliens do not have ID, so they can disappear in a heartbeat. It is not a joke in California to have a car accident with an illegal because they are untraceable and gone. So I do not have much sympathy for any group thinking they are exempt or immune and say we are a religion as the reason.

The Amish were the exception to the rule, and the government knew it and allows it still today. Now with this new era of terrorism, the profile of an Amish person with no numbers, would place them in the same profile, as a unidentified enemy. A sleeper cell terrorist should just not be able to tell the government, you can trust me, I'm OK, I'm just Amish? That is exactly your premise with your tax immune status, for religions. They should just be on the honor system?

As far as subs spying, I doubt with all the facebooks and twitters, the subs are doing much spying if at all, at least in spying on individuals.
greeney2

Postby Bibliophile » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:15 pm

orangetom:

I live around the Amish. You shouldn't put them on such a pedestal. They aren't as respectable as people think they are. They are terrible hypocrites.
Bibliophile

Postby orangetom1999 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Greeny2,

I'm not too sure look at the coaxial cables and wires told you a thing about spying, but you are probably not wrong about subs having some kinds of spy capability. I doubt if our nuclear subs are spying on the Amish growing corn. All these numbers the Amish do not have, it could be said that radical Muslim sleeper cells, also do not have some of these same numbers. So why shouldn't anyone without accountability be unsuspected?

LOL LOL LOL...oh no Greeny2..I only mention the coaxial cable in passing as in the early days that is mostly what was of interest to me. It was some two or three boats later that I began to realize this was only part of a bigger picture....Information gathering. It was some other pieces of a bigger puzzle which connected the dots for me. Also as I believe I have stated..conversations with people here locally who work for the NASA Langley Reserarch Center about sattelite tech and other various dots. THe submarines were only part of a much bigger information picture.

Agree with you about people who do not have the numbers. This is why California is interested in granting drivers licenses to Illegal Aliens. It is not being told to most of the public and they are against it. What most of the people do not understand is that these people who do not have the numbers and are not in the system have a superior status at law than do most of us.

Admiralty Maritime Law..which covers most people with the numbers..does not apply to these numberless folks. Therefore these courts do not have jurisdiction over these people using the laws which require licenses and such. This is never explained to most people raised in the number systems.

Admiraly Maritime Law...or English Law..is the law which the Founders did not want here...because they knew eventually it would be the death of private property to where maritime corporations and their commercial maritime law would begin to enroach on land and take over.

This is the corporate law moving our government to take greater and greater liberties against their own people and the charter of government to where they must now needs keep greater and greater tabs on Americans..themselves.

When they announced to the whole country that Veterans are suspect...that was the beginning of the end for me...years ago. I knew then that the rest of us would soon follow.

No I am not talking exclusively about the Amish..but am alarmed in the way the Media seem to be singling them out. And soon enough as the media paves the roadway for the government ...they will go after the Amish and others.

As to the Islamics/Muslims..they will be given special dispensation..to play through..by default with the rest of us paying the tab. It is the Muslims that are being used and misused to put the rest of us on the visible platter or chopping block. The Muslims..like others will be given special Endangered/Victim Status on the public purse...no matter what happens.

As far as subs spying, I doubt with all the facebooks and twitters, the subs are doing much spying if at all, at least in spying on individuals.

I would tend to agree with this assessment. I think our military has been greatly neutered in the last four years. There are to many political appointees...in the military today. Not enough shooters..to many politicians in uniform and getting worse.

But it was the awareness of what they can do years ago..which made me realize we spy on our own people as well as other nations. And this trend is waxing worse and worse for the power and control someone needs and wants over our own people.
What alarms me is how far it as gone today. To where we trust our own people even less than outsiders. To where it becomes obvious that our own people are more if not just as suspect as foreign peoples.

Bibliophile.

orangetom:

I live around the Amish. You shouldn't put them on such a pedestal. They aren't as respectable as people think they are. They are terrible hypocrites.

I dont put the Amish on a pedestal. I dont agree with their carrying out of their relgious beliefs. I am not into works per se. But I am into privacy and not hanging out to much of ones business in public.

But I recognize what they and some other know about not having SSNs and other numbers to tie them into the Wolrld maritime commercial system. Admiraly Maritime Law...commercial law. Land owned in fee simple..passed on to the next generation .not controlled and regulated by the state.

Most people including me are not as respectable as many people think. Which is why more people should have privacy and not demonstrate such in public or have other people making intrusive inroads to the privacy of other people by entitlement.

I also believe that government which makes excessive inroads into the private lives of people deliberately and by entitlement is a morally bankrupt government and has lost it's moral authority to govern. To me this is a political government...or whorish government...it is not a government acting in the best interests of the people..but for a reason they desire the people not to know...ever.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby magonia17 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 am

Whether Stellar Wind will ever see the light of say is hard to say, maybe even now they are changing the project's name or burying the information even deeper.
magonia17

Postby orangetom1999 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 am

magonia17 wrote:Whether Stellar Wind will ever see the light of say is hard to say, maybe even now they are changing the project's name or burying the information even deeper.

As I am given to understand ..this is standard operation for certain government groups/sections and also for certain groups in opposition to government controls...groups who have the ability to incorporate such flexability in their operations. I am also given to understand that this is also how the Mossad operate. Other nations with flexability as well.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby magonia17 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:30 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:
magonia17 wrote:Whether Stellar Wind will ever see the light of say is hard to say, maybe even now they are changing the project's name or burying the information even deeper.

As I am given to understand ..this is standard operation for certain government groups/sections and also for certain groups in opposition to government controls...groups who have the ability to incorporate such flexability in their operations. I am also given to understand that this is also how the Mossad operate. Other nations with flexability as well.

Orangetom

It will continue no doubt, with all the information gathered, it is now a question of how will it be used, who will use it and for what purpose. NSA must have clients for the information they collect. So monitoring the US population must of been requested by certain agencies, mainly security agencies, but is there political motivations behind it as well?
magonia17

Return to Government and Political Conspiracies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts