The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Connecticut school shooting: 18 children among 27 dead

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:26 am

Actually there are laws about knives that are not really talked about, because they are not an issue. When I was a kid, every boy had a pocket knife collection, and we all played games like "Mumblypeg" with them, and nobody ever thought about stabbing anyone. Swiss army knives were in all sizes. Every kid dreamed about have a switchblade but they were illegal. You could buy them in Mexico. I as OK to have a pocket knife under about a 4" blade, but now schools have zero tolerance for what use to be a harmless thing. They consider any knife a weapon, and take even the smallest very serious.

It was not uncommon for workers to carry a hunting knife in a sheath on his belt. Those can not be carried in most cities. Blade lengths over certain lengths are not allowed many places in folding knives. Not sure about the laws concerning machetes, even if you are a licensed gardener.

I understand your point, and its well taken. I would not recommend walking into the police department with a meat clever. :lol:
greeney2
 
Posts: 9595
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby subloony » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:04 pm

[quote="greeney2I understand your point, and its well taken. I would not recommend walking into the police department with a meat clever. :lol:[/quote]

Bwhahahahaha, I can just imagine their faces, especially if blood is dripping from it and your first name is Dexter
User avatar
subloony
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Postby capricorn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 pm

subloony wrote:
capricorn wrote:Horrible... Absolutely Horrible.

Unfortunately, Guns will be blamed for this incident. Not the psychopath behind them.


I am just wondering, if a guy goes around stabbing 20 people with a butcher's knife, will they also ban the butcher's knife?


The answer is Yes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4581871.stm
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
User avatar
capricorn
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:31 pm

I think pregnancy should be banned because it results in death 100% of the time eventually.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Sweeping new gun laws proposed by influential liberal think tank

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html


CAP’s top recommendation is to require criminal background checks for all gun sales, closing loopholes that currently enables an estimated 40 percent of sales to occur without any questions asked. The organization also wants to add convicted stalkers and suspected terrorists to the list of those barred from purchasing firearms.



Well, well well. All they have to do now to take your guns away is suspect you of terrorism!
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 pm

at1with0 wrote:Sweeping new gun laws proposed by influential liberal think tank

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html


CAP’s top recommendation is to require criminal background checks for all gun sales, closing loopholes that currently enables an estimated 40 percent of sales to occur without any questions asked. The organization also wants to add convicted stalkers and suspected terrorists to the list of those barred from purchasing firearms.



Well, well well. All they have to do now to take your guns away is suspect you of terrorism!


Works perfectly with the NDAA and the Patriot Act. The guys up top point and say, "He's a terrorist I think!" and boom, no more guns.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
User avatar
Wing-Zero
 
Posts: 3232
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: California Uber Alles

Postby capricorn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Wing-Zero wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Sweeping new gun laws proposed by influential liberal think tank

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html


CAP’s top recommendation is to require criminal background checks for all gun sales, closing loopholes that currently enables an estimated 40 percent of sales to occur without any questions asked. The organization also wants to add convicted stalkers and suspected terrorists to the list of those barred from purchasing firearms.



Well, well well. All they have to do now to take your guns away is suspect you of terrorism!


Works perfectly with the NDAA and the Patriot Act. The guys up top point and say, "He's a terrorist I think!" and boom, no more guns.


Sad, but true
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
User avatar
capricorn
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Postby rath » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:50 am

greeney2 wrote:Actually there are laws about knives that are not really talked about, because they are not an issue. When I was a kid, every boy had a pocket knife collection, and we all played games like "Mumblypeg" with them, and nobody ever thought about stabbing anyone. Swiss army knives were in all sizes. Every kid dreamed about have a switchblade but they were illegal. You could buy them in Mexico. I as OK to have a pocket knife under about a 4" blade, but now schools have zero tolerance for what use to be a harmless thing. They consider any knife a weapon, and take even the smallest very serious.:


Finally your coming around .... the whole if they ban my guns what's next has always been a flawed argument .....
(( like iv been saying ))

Guns should be restricted in certain circumstances ..... just like knives, poisons & chemicals. & other such products. even foods are legislated & restricted.

Guns are no different.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby capricorn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 am

rath wrote:
greeney2 wrote:Actually there are laws about knives that are not really talked about, because they are not an issue. When I was a kid, every boy had a pocket knife collection, and we all played games like "Mumblypeg" with them, and nobody ever thought about stabbing anyone. Swiss army knives were in all sizes. Every kid dreamed about have a switchblade but they were illegal. You could buy them in Mexico. I as OK to have a pocket knife under about a 4" blade, but now schools have zero tolerance for what use to be a harmless thing. They consider any knife a weapon, and take even the smallest very serious.:


Finally your coming around .... the whole if they ban my guns what's next has always been a flawed argument .....
(( like iv been saying ))

Guns should be restricted in certain circumstances ..... just like knives, poisons & chemicals. & other such products. even foods are legislated & restricted.

Guns are no different.


Right, because all those organizations are extremely effective. :roll:

Maybe we should make alcohol illegal again, that went over well last time. :roll: :roll:
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
User avatar
capricorn
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Postby rath » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:10 am

capricorn wrote:Right, because all those organizations are extremely effective. :roll:

Maybe we should make alcohol illegal again, that went over well last time. :roll: :roll:



What Organisations. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who mentioned any Organisations.

Your tripping again mate.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests