The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

New Member Introductions

'Sup

Once you're familiar with the rules in the previous forum, please enter this forum and tell the community a bit about yourself!

Postby Nigfis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Guys.... :shh:

:mrgreen:
Nigfis

Postby blackvault » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Now there's a name I haven't seen in a while :) Welcome back!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Nigfis » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:44 am

Why thank you young man. I hope I find you all well.
Nigfis

Postby greeney2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Are you still doing your photography? I seem to remember your flowers and garden photos, maybe one of an olive branch would be nice too. :lol:
greeney2

Postby Nigfis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 pm

:o "Olive Branch", says the man that helped turn the place into an electronic equivalent of the Sahara Desert. :boohoo: You should be offering me and the rest of the members one. :roll:

I don't have a camera nowadays, apart from what's on the cellphone. Still gardening though. I now have an allotment and grow food as well as I am able. We have sacks of onions and potatoes stored, shelves of squashes and marrows, and the freezer's packed with various vegetables and fruit, and fruit-n-veggie-based.... stuff.
Cooking has become much more of pleasure than a chore, because using food you have grown, organically of course, seems to give one just that extra bit of pleasure and appreciation. I still keep chickens as well, so we also supply our own eggs and take an occasional bird for the table.
All together it save us a small fortune in food over the year. Times are getting tough here, we need to do what we can to help ourselves.
Nigfis

Postby blackvault » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:04 pm

! blackvault wrote:
Fresh start... for everyone.

Let's move on...
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby Nigfis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks John.
Your invitation by email, and your personal welcome in this thread had made me think I was welcome like everyone else... :think:
I guess old grizzly-guts likes to hold an internet-grudge a while... :D

Thanks again for your welcome. ;)

Nigel.
Nigfis

Postby blackvault » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:51 pm

As I said, moving on.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Nigfis I meant it in a complimentary way asking about your photography. We also have our garden every year, and would like to expand it this spring. Last year our tomatoes were fantastic, but this year didn't do so well. Did real well with different varieties of peppers which we pickled. Cucumbers did pretty well, and we got some eggplants. We used to always have chickens, but probably ended up more of a fun thing than money saving egg investment. WE loved the one's that came from Arcana chickens. They lay blue, pinkish, green color shells, and are suppose to be less cholesterol. We always had Rod Island Reds that lay brown eggs. Also had Barred Rocks. Had to give them up because of our dogs, but miss having them.
greeney2

Postby rath » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:35 am

:)
rath

Return to New Member Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts