The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

POLL: Would You Merge With A Machine?

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Would you merge with a machine?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Yes
67%
No
17%
Not sure
17%

Total votes : 6

Postby Bibliophile » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Ray Kurzweil, a prominent futurist and inventor, anticipates that man and machine (computer) will, in the near future, become one. He believes man will essentially become immortal because of this union.

If you were given such an opportunity would you take advantage of it? Would you abandon the opportunity to die, to live in peace or ascend to heaven, in order to live forever in the corporeal world?
Bibliophile

Postby UFOSightingsToday » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:18 am

Heck yeah I would! It's been a lifelong dream of mine to be a Cyborg. Heck, just download my brain to one of those new-fangled contraption battle droids I've been seeing on TV. I'll be the first RoboCop. You don't even have to ask me twice! LOL
UFOSightingsToday

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Actually an interesting question. Immortal life with your brain in a mechanical machine with and endless lifespan, or eternal life in Heaven where your soul lives forever with God.
greeney2

Postby Ladybug » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Perhaps the followup question would be "at what point would we be considered non human?" Once you begin replacing organs for mechanical parts to keep us alive__in particular the heart and brain, then feelings and thinking can become 'trained' rather than natural.
Ladybug

Postby Ladybug » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Well I prefer a heavenly existence http://www.gotquestions.org/heaven-like.html rather than having a mechanical heart or brain. Replacing limbs is one thing, but when it comes to internal organs such as a heart or brain being replaced with a mechanical one__ I don't believe I would want this to save my life unless it was something that worked in conjunction with the natural organ.
http://www.gotquestions.org/physical-bodies-heaven.html
Ladybug

Postby greeney2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:43 pm

We have had the discussion which is really an interresting one, about the concepts of how your own heart enters into your make-up. Forintance in matters of the heart, or Love, emotions, etc. are they actually influenced by the heart or is it strictly a function of the brain, and the heart is only a blood pump?
greeney2

Postby Bibliophile » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:11 pm

Personally, I don't want eternal life. I'm tired. I need the peace only a grave can give.

I don't begrudge anyone else the opportunity though.
Bibliophile

Postby chiselray » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:10 pm

i don't think a soul would want this ,a soul is a learner ,if it doesn't shift from physical to another form then it may not be a natural course to take.
If someone thinks physical form is a higher state to be in,then go for it..i don't , i think it's fun though ,but i see a lot of stuff through dreams which i take as a spirit kind of trip ,an after life journey we take while resting..
chiselray

Postby Bibliophile » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm

chiselray wrote:i don't think a soul would want this ,a soul is a learner ,if it doesn't shift from physical to another form then it may not be a natural course to take.
If someone thinks physical form is a higher state to be in,then go for it..i don't , i think it's fun though ,but i see a lot of stuff through dreams which i take as a spirit kind of trip ,an after life journey we take while resting..

I agree. I think the soul is meant for flesh, for a period of time, to learn. This journey is exhausting. I need the rest when it's over.
Bibliophile

Postby chiselray » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi Bibliophile
Learn i think is it,but it will not happen unless you have FUN.. we are here to have an experience one of which is up to us to provide in whatever form we want it to be in (mentally)
Yes ,for me i learned a lot from reading and believing in what i read .
That is the key ,i have read stuff that i don't believe in,and i simply discount it because it doesn't feel right .But when it comes to human beings, we are simply flesh embodied while we observe that state ,but also we still exist in 2 different worlds.The mind state can take you to another world ,many people experience this in astral travel.
chiselray

Next

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts