The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Flashback: Clinton Requests $60 Mil to Put Cops in Schools

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:19 am

Breitbart.com wrote:Flashback: Clinton Requests $60 Million to Put Cops in Schools

by John Nolte

Today, the same elite media who no doubt send their own kids to private schools that employ armed security, just can't stop howling ridicule at the NRA's idea to give every student in America those same protections. Because the NRA's idea is so appealing, as I write this, the media's going overboard, mocking it as bizarre, crazy, and out of touch.

This is how the media works to silence and vilify the opposition and to ensure that only their ideas control The Narrative. The media doesn't care about securing our schools; they only care about coming after our guns and handing Obama another political win.

The media also doesn’t care how wildly hypocritical they look.

In their zeal to rampage this left-wing agenda, the media has apparently forgotten that back in 2000, on the one-year anniversary of the Columbine shooting (which occurred with an assault weapons ban in place), President Clinton requested $60 million in federal money to fund a fifth round of funding for a program called "COPS in School," a program that does exactly what the NRA is proposing and the media is currently in overdrive mocking:

View the video: http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video ... D=24041135

Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for "COPS in School," a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities.

"Already, it has placed 2,200 officers in more than 1,000 communities across our nation, where they are heightening school safety as well as coaching sports and acting as mentors and mediators for kids in need," Clinton said.

The media is not only so driven to ensure Sandy Hook is used to win this round on gun control that they've become morally blinded to what really needs to be done to immediately secure our schools; they've lost their grip historically and politically.

Think about it: The media is entering a new year attempting to convince parents that their children will be less safe with a policeman in their school.

Off the rails doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Source: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... _term=More
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby capricorn » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:50 pm

What a great idea that was! ... Wait a minute, I'm being told that now I'm supposed to think this is a bad idea. Wait, now I'm being told I should stop thinking.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:29 am

If the perpetrator is planning on killing himself anyway, I don't see how 1 armed guard would fix everything.

But I do wonder why are people expecting the NRA to be a voice speaking about what policy changes there should be in order to curtail gun violence. There could be twenty shootings per day and they'd still want no law to touch the 2nd amendment.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby blackvault » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:46 am

at1with0 wrote:If the perpetrator is planning on killing himself anyway, I don't see how 1 armed guard would fix everything.

Wait... I am really confused by that. You are saying, even if there was an armed guard, police officer, teacher, or whomever... SOMEONE TRAINED to use a firearm; not a single life would have been saved in Newtown, CT?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 am

Banning guns entirely would result in at least one life saved, incidentally.

Who knows how things would have went down if there was an armed guard. The shooter could always wait until a children's movie is showing at the local theater and act then and there instead.
at1with0

Postby blackvault » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:04 am

at1with0 wrote:Banning guns entirely would result in at least one life saved, incidentally.

How many drugs and illegal weapons (already banned) are owned and used in crimes throughout our 50 states.

I am not opposed to restrictions and tightening of "loopholes" given they truly exist like gun control advocates claim. I am all for that. Yet, how far, if farther at all, should it go? The psycho Adam Lanza who shot up the school in Newtown, CT. was DENIED a gun days earlier. Hence, the restrictions already work. He got his hands on the guns because of (no disrespect to the deceased) the carelessness of Lanza's mother. What's the problem here, and in most other cases? Bad gun laws and lack restrictions? Or stupidity, ignorance and all around bad moves by the gun owner?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:08 am

-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:21 am

blackvault wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Banning guns entirely would result in at least one life saved, incidentally.

How many drugs and illegal weapons (already banned) are owned and used in crimes throughout our 50 states.

I am not opposed to restrictions and tightening of "loopholes" given they truly exist like gun control advocates claim. I am all for that. Yet, how far, if farther at all, should it go? The psycho Adam Lanza who shot up the school in Newtown, CT. was DENIED a gun days earlier. Hence, the restrictions already work. He got his hands on the guns because of (no disrespect to the deceased) the carelessness of Lanza's mother. What's the problem here, and in most other cases? Bad gun laws and lack restrictions? Or stupidity, ignorance and all around bad moves by the gun owner?

Just for the record, I don't think banning guns entirely would serve much of a purpose.
at1with0

Postby blackvault » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:23 am

Just so I am clear... then what are you advocating / arguing?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:33 am

Great video, and also what is not part of the story, is that a responsible Father, taught his kids at the right age, how to handle a gun. Brave kid, nobody knows exactly how they will react at the very moment of having to pull that trigger. Break ins and home invasions are one of these issues we do not want are guns taken away. The kid had firepower when he faced 2 bad guys. Hate to think if they got the kid first, and what could have happened to his little sister.

These by the way are the kinds of crimes in Australia statistically that gun control has not had much impact on, and the argument can be made taking the guns away, gives the bad guys the advantage.
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts