The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Battle Forum

Gay Marriage - Just Say No !!!!

This is the Battle Forum. It was setup for those threads and conversations that get out of hand - and turn into attacks, name calling and childish behavior. Users head here to hash out their differences. Please be warned before entering...
Forum rules
This is the BATTLE FORUM. A WARNING UP FRONT: ANYTHING GOES HERE!

Expect language and attacks from other members here. This place was setup for those threads that turned to personal attacks, name calling, and other immature behavior.

This is an unmoderated board, except by the site Administrator. There are NO THREATS OF VIOLENCE, BLATANT RACISM, or other ILLEGAL ACTIVITY! Other than that, this is a battle field - so enter and read at your own risk.

Postby at1with0 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Discrimination, too, falls with the passage of time.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:42 am

And how many times have you seen "discrimination" misused or fabricated as a means to an end? Playing the discrimination card has extended into a lot of arenas. Some of it is real, and a lot of it is just a fabrication. Just make yourself into a minority status, exploit it and play the oppression game, and claim discrimination. You get to see a lot of that in equal opportunity/ affirmative action places, like the defense industry.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:56 am

Yes, some of it is a fabrication but same-sex couples are being discriminated against.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:46 am

Tell me where you are registered as a bride, and I'll buy you a wedding present for the big day. :lol:
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:48 pm

at1with0

Postby Nesaie » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 pm

greeney2 wrote:What we are talking about is what was once considered normal, now isn't. It was not normal for same sex marriage, nor polygamy, nor incest. Now it all has to be reconsidered and rewritten.

Wait...polygamy was never normal? I guess the old testament wasn't normal then.

16 Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.

2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.

3 And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.

4 And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.

Doesn't the bible also approve of incest?

32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35 And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

37 And the first born bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.

38 And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

There is a certain irony when "christians" get so upset with two people of the same gender loving each other, because it is an abomination in the old testament. Yet, that same old testament praises murder, incest and polygamy. How in the world can people twist things so much?
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Nesaie wrote:greeney2 wrote:
What we are talking about is what was once considered normal, now isn't. It was not normal for same sex marriage, nor polygamy, nor incest. Now it all has to be reconsidered and rewritten.

Nesaie, What was once considered normal (was a marriage licence was given to a man and woman applying). It was not normal for same sex marriage, nor polygamy, nor incest. Now it all has to be reconsidered and rewritten.

You misread what I wrote.
Last edited by greeney2 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Nesaie wrote:There is a certain irony when "christians" get so upset with two people of the same gender loving each other, because it is an abomination in the old testament. Yet, that same old testament praises murder, incest and polygamy. How in the world can people twist things so much?

I never took any position where I quoted a single thing from the Bible at all, all I have done is discuss Prop 8 in California, and the legal processes involved now. I never gave the reasons why I voted on the issue.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:08 pm

at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Growing up in the East, the New England States I thought were always regarded as ultra conservative, very prim and proper, more formal, so it surprises me that many of these laws have generated from these states. Another sign of the times and changing of what cultures use to be.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts