The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Battle Forum

Gay Marriage - Just Say No !!!!

This is the Battle Forum. It was setup for those threads and conversations that get out of hand - and turn into attacks, name calling and childish behavior. Users head here to hash out their differences. Please be warned before entering...
Forum rules
This is the BATTLE FORUM. A WARNING UP FRONT: ANYTHING GOES HERE!

Expect language and attacks from other members here. This place was setup for those threads that turned to personal attacks, name calling, and other immature behavior.

This is an unmoderated board, except by the site Administrator. There are NO THREATS OF VIOLENCE, BLATANT RACISM, or other ILLEGAL ACTIVITY! Other than that, this is a battle field - so enter and read at your own risk.

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:32 pm

An argument has been put forth by one side that the other side is less than human. Note that I never said you put forth that argument.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:36 pm

What I haven't read yet, however, is you speaking out against that argument.

Do you think I'm subhuman?
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby greeney2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:04 pm

I never got into that at all as any part of my thinking on this subject.
greeney2

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Well?
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:12 am

greeney2 wrote:On one hand you are praising...blah blah blah tldr

None of that is relevant to gay marriage.

You seem to be using the strategy if you can't convince, confuse. Except it's not working.

In all of your rants, not a single reason why there should be a ban on gay marriage.

Oh, and Diss, he thinks you're subhuman because you're not straight and because you're a lunatic (his word, not mine).
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 am

It wouldn't be a great shock to be labeled in such ways. It's one reason I stopped caring so much what people like that think of me or trying so hard to meet them half-way. I realized they had no genuine interest in understanding. They just wanted a "me" that suits them.
DIss0n80r

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 am

Pass the violins, here comes the "I'm a victim song". :lol:
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 am

greeney2 wrote:Pass the violins, here comes the "I'm a victim song". :lol:

I am so glad this is in the battleforum.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 am

greeney2 wrote:Pass the violins, here comes the "I'm a victim song". :lol:

I'm not a victim, but there are people who say that I'm not a person and want to treat me as inferior because I'm gay. They want my inferiority legally recognized and maintained as the status quo. I will speak out against that, same as you would if there were attempts to dehumanize you and institute the dehumanization.

I do not believe you are a bad person, but merely believing you are good is not enough. You, as a good caring person, should not stand aside and laugh when people attempt to dehumanize each other like that.
DIss0n80r

Postby Nesaie » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:15 am

Gotta love these arguments. :D

If anyone cares, the gay marriage bill passed in Washington state. To me, it was a "no-brainer". If people want to ask the government to ask the government permission to love who they love, let them. Personally, I don't believe in asking the government for anything, be it marriage or anything else.

Time for more coffee.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts