The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Pot smokers enter legal limbo in Washington, Colorado

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Nesaie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:15 am

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/05/us/washin ... alization/

(CNN) -- The crowd at the base of the Space Needle in Seattle began counting down as midnight approached. It wasn't New Year's Day they were anticipating, but the moment that marijuana would become legal in Washington state.
As midnight hit, smokers hit their pipes and joints to celebrate.

Technically, what they were doing -- smoking marijuana in public -- was still a crime, but police looked the other way.

"It's amazing. I'm not a criminal anymore," one pot smoker said. "I can't go to jail for small amounts of marijuana. I'm free to be free."

But a legal haze still engulfed pot smokers Thursday, when possession of up to an ounce of marijuana by adults become legal, though growing and selling it remains a crime.

Initiative 502, passed last month by Washington voters, legalized recreational marijuana use starting December 6, but it will take a year before there are rules for growing and selling it.

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the pot legislation in these two states. I'm surprised California didn't pass it first. But, there is hope now that we may also pass the GMO labeling legislation here before y'all too. :D

Since I live in WA I read the legislation. The one good thing is that it doesn't effect medicinal marijuana and the current state law regarding that. The rest of the legislation sucks. Here is one article about the legislation: http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/W ... %282012%29

Here is my problem with the "law"...The liquor control board has a year to come up with the rules...They will determine who can grow, process, sell pot...they will control how many corporations can grow, process, sell pot...ect. To me, this is just a foot in the door for corps like montsanto (who already is playing with GMO pot) and the tobacco companies to dominate the market. Once again, the little guy can't get a foot hold.

To me, pot should have never become "illegal". The same with hemp. In order to make alcohol illegal, the congress had to adopt a new amendment in the Constitution. I don't see one of those thingys for weed. The only reason why hemp/bud were proclaimed illegal was because of corporations. And...when corporations create laws, the government is fascist.

There is more I'd like to say about this, but I'll wait and check to see if anyone is interested.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby chiselray » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:21 am

i think people have died from smoking pot ..it should be only given as medication ,for medicinal purposes..
chiselray

Postby Nesaie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:48 am

I'm not familiar with people dying from pot. Can you post some stats for me?

What do you think of hemp?
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby chiselray » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 am

Bob Marley died from pot..theres 1
They say it was skin cancer ,thats bs...

Hemp is a little tough off the fork ,but i hear it makes a good protien powder..check it out
chiselray

Postby capricorn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:59 am

chiselray wrote:Bob Marley died from pot..theres 1
They say it was skin cancer ,thats bs...

What?! Bob Marley DID NOT die from pot smoking nor is there any evidence to support that.

Bob Marley had complications with a Toe injury he constantly reinjured playing Soccer and that would not heal properly. Eventually, Marley was diagnosed with Skin Cancer on his Toe. After doctors advised him to amputate the Toe he refused becuase it was against his beliefs... however he did permit a cleanup of skin tissue. This did not help as the Cancer cells eventually spread throughout his Body causing tumors, including in his brain.

There is no documented deaths attributed to pot smoking.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby greeney2 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 am

If there have been it is probably just grouped in with lung and throat cancers, and generally attributed to smoking.
greeney2

Postby Nesaie » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:50 am

So, Marley didn't die from weed. He may have even lived longer had he used canibus oil on his foot, but who knows?

As far as lung cancer and such, it has never been proven. Yet the federal government tries to claim that pot creates lung cancer. All the evidence that I've read is that the opposite is true. Pot actually retards cancers of all types.

Now Chiselray, who all has died from pot?
Nesaie

Postby at1with0 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:31 am

In terms of who has died of pot, there have probably been DUI cases where motorists and/or pedestrians were killed by a driver high on pot.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 am

at1with0 wrote:In terms of who has died of pot, there have probably been DUI cases where motorists and/or pedestrians were killed by a driver high on pot.

Or people who have developed respiratory problems if all they do is smoke it.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby chiselray » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:06 am

Nesaie wrote:So, Marley didn't die from weed. He may have even lived longer had he used canibus oil on his foot, but who knows?

As far as lung cancer and such, it has never been proven. Yet the federal government tries to claim that pot creates lung cancer. All the evidence that I've read is that the opposite is true. Pot actually retards cancers of all types.

Now Chiselray, who all has died from pot?

many many people
chiselray

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts