The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The National Christmas Tree

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby at1with0 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 am

orangetom1999 wrote:at1with0,

So Eve had no choice but to give in to temptation?

What??!!

So Eve is not accountable/responsible by this along with Adam??

Eve gave into the dogma..."Thou shalt not surely die!!"

VS...."dying ye shall die!!

Think through what you are saying here.

Orangetom

Do you believe Eve had free will?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:19 am

frrostedman wrote:
at1with0 wrote:The age old question arises here: who was the wife of Cain? Adam and Eve had two sons and no daughters; so how did a set of grandchildren come into existence, let alone a whole species? This is what every kid in Sunday school asks.

Age-old question? I'm sure that every kid in Sunday school that ever asked that question, was simply told to reread Genesis. Adam and Eve bore many sons and daughters. :thumbup:

Oh. Genesis 5:4.

Genesis 5:4

New International Version (NIV)

4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters.

:mrgreen:
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 am

btw, what are your thoughts on the gospel of Philip?

http://www.metalog.org/files/philip.html

I've read through most of it and there are a couple of gems contained in it. Maybe it's superfluous when considered together with the usual gospels.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:13 am

We all have free will, and so did Adam and Eve. God gave them free will, by telling them not to eat from the apple tree, but they had the free will and choice to do it anyway. If they didn't have the free will given to them, they would have never eaten the apple. All of us have free will, and the choice to sin or not sin.

Does it say anywhere in the Bible, it was OK to eat apples after Adam and Eve ate them first and disobeyed God? Everyone seems to know so much about the Bible, and what it should mean, concerning a Christmas Tree, please show me where it says "apples are OK to eat now".
greeney2

Postby En-Lugal » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Apples are delicious, especially with caramel dip!
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 pm

En-Lugal wrote:Apples are delicious, especially with caramel dip!

Apples are indeed deliscious with caramel dip. Indeed!!

However ..to my knowledge the Word does not say apples...it says fruit. I think the association with apples is a man made tradition.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Details Details! You are probably right, it does not say apples, but it does tell the answer to my question concerning it. Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, told to grow their own food in soil God placed a curse on, never to see the Garden of Eden again. Maybe the forbidden fruit was from the caramel tree. :lol: I only like plan apples, not candied. :angel:
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

A Cherub is an angel. An angel is a messenger of God (whatever that means).

Try to visualize a sword that turned every way. This would be the case if YOU are holding the sword, are a messenger of God (of a sort), and it is pointed at your heart. No matter how you turn, that point is still above your solar plexus. The sword turns every way.

It implies that YOU are preventing YOU from entering paradise on earth which is most assuredly not a physical place, nor is the sword a physical sword.
at1with0

Postby bionic » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 am

hmm..
Now I am actually kinda, wondering why some athiest or non Christian group has not taken on the whitehouse, "Christmas Tree" issue. Seperation of church and state and all that. Hmm..
See, Greeney...now some group might..and ironically..you might have inspired them to do it
:lol:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:30 am

I am sure they have been but even those groups pick and choose their targets to be more winable in courts, so they can gain a headline. I'm sure at some point they have tried to make issues out of the White house and Christmas Trees.

The events of the last 2 days, and as it pertains to this are, (like him or not) President Obama was reduced to tears speaking of those victims in Connecticut, and invoked about the only thing anyone can do at a time like this, asking God for guidance out of this tragedy. Even atheists know enough to not be concerned with some point to make, about a President also needing to turn to God for unity. Not a person, or parent, or Grandparent, did not reflect on these babies, 20 of them, slaudered in an unthinkable act, by a deranged and Godless maniac. As it unfolds, we can not stop from watching it, and imagining if that was your town, your school, and your children.

You may live your life to any extreme you want to make out or scripture, and talk about it in words, probably only yourself will be able to make sense out of. Imagine what ever you want to about birthday parties,celebrations, the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, and Christmas trees and decorations. Now imagine what they meant, and were, to these 20 babies? To all those children who hid in closets, horrified and terrified, at such a tender age, in a place they should be safe?

These were babies, 6 and 7 years old, 1st graders, 12 girls and 8 boys, innocent sparkling souls, who's only thing to worry about was singing in the Christmas pageant, a loose front tooth afraid to pull it, A birthday cake, Hanging their Stocking, Sitting on Santa's lap, an adventure to go get a Christmas tree. Kind of makes this argument rather stupid, when if any of us could, we would ask God to take us instead, and leave these babies to have that tree this year, and all the years ahead, that their birthday candle wishes all come true. The school was full of babies who hid in closets, terrified, having to be completely silent, and being told to close their eyes after it was over, I pray none of them opened their eyes or peeked.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts