The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Connecticut school shooting: 18 children among 27 dead

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby at1with0 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:29 am

"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby capricorn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Horrible... Absolutely Horrible.

Unfortunately, Guns will be blamed for this incident. Not the psychopath behind them.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby greeney2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Heartbreaking, what have we come to in this world? Every time it happens, nobody could see it coming. What is common denominator with all of these things? Why does this never happen in the worst areas to live in, it is always in the most unsuspected places, and nicest places to live in.
greeney2

Postby rath » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Gun crime in the USA ???

Wow, this almost never happens .... :roll:
rath

Postby chiselray » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:47 am

capricorn wrote:Horrible... Absolutely Horrible.

Unfortunately, Guns will be blamed for this incident. Not the psychopath behind them.

Yo right , Ban the bullet ,and keep the gun !
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:15 am

The fact is being armed is a power well above any other .
There is little to stop a man with a weapon untill it's too late.
The gun doesn't discriminate ..

This particular story is such a nightmare to have to read .
This is the reason Australia banned guns , we admit you will get the occassion shooter killing some drug beat pinhead and maybe a biker shootout or two .Actually i don't recall something like this since the Martin Bryant killing spree but i may have missed something .
You just can't get that close enough to these weapons to have the CHOICE ...

Three weapons were recovered from the school: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot, and a Glock and a Sig Sauer found with Lanza's body, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said. The weapons were legally purchased by Lanza's mother, the official said.

???????
chiselray

Postby capricorn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:35 am

What about Timothy McVeigh? He didn't use 1 single gun. In fact, he used something easily acquired by the everyday man. However magnitude of his destruction makes this recent shooting look like minor event.

The truth of the matter is that a psychopath will take any means necessary to kill or cause pain and suffering regardless of what weapons he has access to.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 am

You have your own problems to solve in Australia! Gun control did not solve them.

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

April 13, 2009

It is a common fantasy that gun bans make society safer. In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.
While this doesn't prove that more guns would impact crime rates, it does prove that gun control is a flawed policy. Furthermore, this highlights the most important point: gun banners promote failed policy regardless of the consequences to the people who must live with them, says the Examiner.

Source: Howard Nemerov, "Australia experiencing more violent crime despite gun ban," D.C. Examiner, April 8, 2009.

For text:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-G ... te-gun-ban

Previous Article / Next Article

Full Article List
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:49 am

Police have found evidence in his home that they are not relieving yet but may be his motive in this heinous act of unthinkable magnitude. Last night all the bodies were removed from the scene.

The total impact of this has yet to be realized. How all these people go on, how this small town can ever recover, or how you could ever send another child into that scene for school.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:20 pm

so awful :(
I have to wonder how much online gaming and online encouragement (via boards and the like) pushing guns and violence, in general has to do with this.

A-lot of these young guys say stuff online like, "I am gonna go off soon" and nobody really takes it seriously. Some even encourage that talk. Maybe not realizing , while they themselves are not being serious, the person to whom they are communicating is. Or maybe someone viewing or listening to their conversation is more serious, and is feeling encouraged. I am not saying this is happening, but I do have to wonder. I feel with all the online, public talks we have, not knowing how we might be encouraging or discouraging someone in this way, we should, at least, take a moment to consider it.

They are saying he might have been on the autistic spectrum. I know that very high functioning autistics and asperger folks can sometimes have a really hard time with human interelations and empathy. This can set them up for being bullied or ostracized. Which, in turn, can create a monster in them over time, because of their lack of empathy issues.

I remember that one guy, the Virginia Tech shootings. He was also on the spectrum. This all concerns me personally, because as many of you know, my son is on the spectrum. He, though, very loving, has also shown that he does not get human emotion and empathy the way regular people do. Also, as he is going through puberty, with his testosterone levels rising, I have noticed a rise in his anger and agression issues.
Last edited by bionic on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts