The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Battle Forum

Gay Marriage - Just Say No !!!!

This is the Battle Forum. It was setup for those threads and conversations that get out of hand - and turn into attacks, name calling and childish behavior. Users head here to hash out their differences. Please be warned before entering...
Forum rules
This is the BATTLE FORUM. A WARNING UP FRONT: ANYTHING GOES HERE!

Expect language and attacks from other members here. This place was setup for those threads that turned to personal attacks, name calling, and other immature behavior.

This is an unmoderated board, except by the site Administrator. There are NO THREATS OF VIOLENCE, BLATANT RACISM, or other ILLEGAL ACTIVITY! Other than that, this is a battle field - so enter and read at your own risk.

Postby DIss0n80r » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Evil genius. :think:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:32 pm

"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby bionic » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:03 am

I am confused.
I thought "gay" meant "happy"?
Shouldn't we all strive to be happy?
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:59 am

:eh:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:36 am

greeney2 wrote:The government has to be involved with Marriage, because it is a contract that has provisions an laws that involve the government, such as children born with the marriage, and other issues of public record.

Awesome, so marriage is a contract. Great, we're making progress!

On what legal basis can there be a ban on having a contract between two people based on their gender or sexual orientation?
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 pm

The legal basis would be the basic requirements, that must be met that were adopted by legal process, before entering into that contract. Those were adopted by a legal process, of elected or appointed officials, people given that authority under our system of laws. One set of circumstances for marriage may consider, or not consider, the set of circumstances of another. That is why you have marriage, and why you have civil unions. The basic guidelines were adopted to fit the different circumstances. In this case, the requirements for marriage and civil unions differs, but both are afforded the same end results. You have yet to answer my question concerning the exact opposite senerio exists in civil unions, where age limitations are set on heterosexuals. I contend their are sound reasons why each has its own set of circumstances.

You can not have several spouses, isn't that discrimination? Should consenting adults be permitted to marry siblings or first cousins? Is every law about morality unconstitutional?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:24 pm

greeney2 wrote:The legal basis would be the basic requirements, that must be met that were adopted by legal process, before entering into that contract. Those were adopted by a legal process, of elected or appointed officials, people given that authority under our system of laws. One set of circumstances for marriage may consider, or not consider, the set of circumstances of another. That is why you have marriage, and why you have civil unions. The basic guidelines were adopted to fit the different circumstances. In this case, the requirements for marriage and civil unions differs, but both are afforded the same end results. You have yet to answer my question concerning the exact opposite senerio exists in civil unions, where age limitations are set on heterosexuals. I contend their are sound reasons why each has its own set of circumstances.

Do you think gays should be not allowed to get into civil unions? What is the legal basis for a ban on gay civil union? Obviously, I am against discrimination that may occur in civil unions.

You can not have several spouses, isn't that discrimination? Should consenting adults be permitted to marry siblings or first cousins? Is every law about morality unconstitutional?

Irrelevant to the gay marriage discussion.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Did I say that?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:22 pm

greeney2 wrote:Did I say that?

Here's what you said:
greeney2 wrote:the requirements for marriage and civil unions differs, but both are afforded the same end results.

Since both civil union and marriage are (according to you) afforded the same end results, then that makes it much more sensical that gays should be allowed to do civil union AND marriage and heterosexuals should be allowed to do marriage AND civil union.

It's simple logic:

marriage = civil union, in terms of the end results (according to you)
gays should not be banned from civil union (right?)
Therefore, gays should not be banned from marriage.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Not what I said at all.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts