The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Prometheus

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby event_horizon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:39 am

WarAngel wrote:Image

Facehuggers should always wear condoms. It ain't "his" fault. :lol:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:19 pm

I've been wondering lately about the Engineers and their mastery of genetics. Could they have made the Predator race as well. Science would say aliens would never look like us, but they've been wrong before. Considered the overall Humanoid look of Predators I'd like to think that they're connected through common ancestry.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Within the framework of the 'Alien' universe, it's anyone's guess. But if ya ask me...

Both the Engineers and the Predators are very far advanced in technology. However, one race is a bunch of "ugly muthafukkas," and the other looks like us, because they made us. So, I would think that the Predators evolved completely separate from the Engineers, and are not common ancestors. Sure, they share the humanoid appearance (two arms and two legs), but Predators appear more reptilian than mammal.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby bionic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 pm

I finally got around to seeing it...it was..okay
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 pm

From Xenopedia's Colonial Marines game page:

Gearbox has stated that they were invited to speak with Ridley Scott and view the script for his "Alien Prequel" Prometheus, insinuating that there may be connections or references to the events of Prometheus in Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Hopefully we'll get some new information on events from the film or even general background stuff. :thumbup: Probably not film level canon but better than nothing.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby WarAngel » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:20 am

The Trilobite (also known by some fans as Cuddles)

:lol:

It just wanted a hug.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts