The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Battle Forum

Gay Marriage - Just Say No !!!!

This is the Battle Forum. It was setup for those threads and conversations that get out of hand - and turn into attacks, name calling and childish behavior. Users head here to hash out their differences. Please be warned before entering...
Forum rules
This is the BATTLE FORUM. A WARNING UP FRONT: ANYTHING GOES HERE!

Expect language and attacks from other members here. This place was setup for those threads that turned to personal attacks, name calling, and other immature behavior.

This is an unmoderated board, except by the site Administrator. There are NO THREATS OF VIOLENCE, BLATANT RACISM, or other ILLEGAL ACTIVITY! Other than that, this is a battle field - so enter and read at your own risk.

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:16 am

greeney2 wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Well to answer your question, I'm unconcerned because heterosexuals can get married.

That was the Supreme Court ruling in the first gay marriage case, where they ruled because of civil unions, gays were not discriminated against. Legally, civil unions has all the same rights as marriage.

The use of the word marriage constitutes a significant social difference.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:33 am

If Civil unions provides the same rights as Marriage, what constitutes an significant social difference? They both exclude what the other includes in that same sex does not qualify for marriage, while opposite sex does not qualify for civil unions.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:37 am

The word choice has an important social meaning.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:01 am

at1with0 wrote:The word choice has an important social meaning.

Neither is deprived of any choice is civil unions and marriage result in the same rights.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 am

Should there be a ban on same-sex civil unions?
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 am

Should you ignore the inherent inequity of civil unions to heterosexuals, you are the one suggesting social difference?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:15 pm

greeney2 wrote:Should you ignore the inherent inequity of civil unions to heterosexuals, you are the one suggesting social difference?

I think the government should stay out of marriage and civil unions.

Your turn. Should civil unions be prohibited to gays?
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:00 pm

If you had read what I wrote I gave my opinion about civil unions and Gays. did you read it? The government has to be involved with Marriage, because it is a contract that has provisions an laws that involve the government, such as children born with the marriage, and other issues of public record.
greeney2

Postby DIss0n80r » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Why shouldn't gay people be able to get married?
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:03 pm

greeney2 wrote:If you had read what I wrote I gave my opinion about civil unions and Gays. did you read it?

If I did, it must have slipped my mind. Now why was that easier than simply saying yes, gay civil union should be banned or no, gay civil union should not be banned?

The government has to be involved with Marriage, because it is a contract that has provisions an laws that involve the government, such as children born with the marriage, and other issues of public record.

I understand. The IRS would throw a hissy fit if it couldn't collect back taxes of a deceased from their spouse. Who the children go to after a divorce. Who gets paid death benefits. Who is a dependent when it comes to insurance. etc., etc.

Why shouldn't gay people be able to get married?

You're not going to get a straight answer from greeney on this one, or, at least, not the honest, true reason he's against it.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts