The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The National Christmas Tree

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 pm

http://www.thenationaltree.org/

This is a link to the ceremony of the lighting of the National Christmas tree at the White House. It is not named the National Holiday Tree it is named the National Christmas Tree, and has been a tradition for over 90 years. We are in an era where employers are forbidding employees for saying Merry Christmas, but rather to say Happy Holidays as to not offend a few squeaky wheels.

In a time when every symbol of religion is being tested by atheists groups, here stands one that has been called the National Christmas Tree now close to a century, and also conducted by the National Park Service. Meanwhile in the State of Montana, a atheist skiing group challenges a statue of Jesus, on National Forest Land and is suing the National Park Service for its removal. It seems to me that this National Christmas Tree stands as a legal President, for its National approval, as the National Park Service holds a lottery for the attendance of the ceremony. A similar Tree also is lite at the Capitol building, called the Peoples tree. It is further funded totally by US tax dollars by a Federal Department, The Department of the Interior. The tree is toured in the name of the National Christmas trees on its journey from Missouri, to the White House.

For all the court cases against religious symbols, nativity scenes, and other religious displays, this one by name since 1924, under 15 administrations, should show the overwhelming `acceptance of the wording Christmas tree, and displaying it on the White House lawn.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 am

LOL LOL LOL....National Christmas..Tree....LOL LOL LOL...

Hows this for devout Christians and Christmas.

I have to laugh about this when they invited Atheists to the White House...and Christmas What??? Leaven with unleaven, new wine with olde!! What religion is this???

http://news.investors.com/politics-andr ... tm?ven=rss

I remember years ago...chiding my friend across the river...when his wife had him put up three christmas trees in the house and place them just so that they could be seen from the street. And then to boot..he decorated a pine tree out front of the yard as well.
Then when it was all over ..he had to take them down....no help once agaIn.

I told him..."Wow you really like to try out for approval..do you not...just like trying out for the baseball or football team...try outs.!!??"
Lay your head on the railroad track when she wants you to do it ..she'll just sit back and direct you unto the logical conclusion.

Prettys are wonderful...as long as you can get someone else to take the risks and expenses to bring them about. To Flashdance others through unto prettys...on the public purse or on someone else's purse.

Different ladies I have seen over the years try to get me to help them put up decorations and do their tree...no thanks. It is their tree..their responsibility and desire..not mine. They also want me to help them decorate their houses/trailers. No thanks ..I am not disposable or expendable in that manner or for that cause.

I much prefer the "Nothing Box."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjnLLw5BTmc

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:15 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:I remember years ago...chiding my friend across the river...when his wife had him put up three christmas trees in the house and place them just so that they could be seen from the street. And then to boot..he decorated a pine tree out front of the yard as well.
Then when it was all over ..he had to take them down....no help once agaIn.

And just think, dumb asses like me are fooled into thinking these are people filled with joy and happiness, and that placing these idols in a window, is anymore than the pagan ritual of the dark ages, and that we should think something is seriously defective about these people. I can see it all right now, him smiling and joyous while she is probably making evil idols, called Christmas cookies, and other baked goods, what is wrong with these people? If you tell me they are wrapping presents, that will be the E-ticket, to heck and gone. They are probably hugging and saying "I love you", until their faces crack with joy, and to expose a house full of children to this, what are we coming to? :lol:

orangetom1999 wrote:Different ladies I have seen over the years try to get me to help them put up decorations and do their tree...no thanks. It is their tree..their responsibility and desire..not mine. They also want me to help them decorate their houses/trailers. No thanks ..I am not disposable or expendable in that manner or for that cause.

Must be a long line of them, now with someone else, who didn't have the high standards you do! :roll:

orangetom1999 wrote:I much prefer the "Nothing Box."

Good for you!
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Luke 8:16 -- “No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light."

I think the decorating of a Christmas tree, and intentionally making it visible to the folks passing by, is doing what Jesus told His followers to do. Christmas -- regardless of what "origins" people want to say it has -- is today and since we call can remember, an outward, visible celebration of the birth of Christ. Therefore, decorating your CHRIST-mas tree and displaying it in the window, can be seen as the equivalent of putting your lamp on a stand... or, showcasing your CHRISTIAN FAITH, unashamed, for all to see.

I commend anyone--these days especially--for boldly setting up a Christmas tree in front of their window.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby orangetom1999 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 am

Greeny2,

And just think, dumb asses like me are fooled into thinking these are people filled with joy and happiness, and that placing these idols in a window, is anymore than the pagan ritual of the dark ages, and that we should think something is seriously defective about these people.

Indeed Greeny2..indeed. Instead we tend to put the defect off on those who do not want to participate in this nonsense with others. Also I can find joy and Peace in life without all this "High Maintenance " stuff ..or Vanity.

You do understand ..do you not...that Joy and Happiness are also one of His names..including Peace?? And you do understand that this takes place all year..every year..not just at this time..yes?? Observing days times months and years????

I can see it all right now, him smiling and joyous while she is probably making evil idols, called Christmas cookies, and other baked goods, what is wrong with these people?

Oh no Greeny2...that is not what happened at all...for once he figured out how "High Maintenance " she really was ...it went down hill from there. He finally realized what I had been talking about for a long time...but was to blinded by the "appearance of commitment" verses real commitment. For you see Greeny2...the holiday season only meant more commitment from him....in addition to all the other commitments he was already doing. But when you are socially groomed to go into the "try out for approval mode" ...it is very difficult at first to see it for what it is. It was his expend ability and disposability for someone else's Joy. He gives up first place Risks...and comes in last.
This is what happens with many women who practice the football play substitution religion of prettys. He was just not trained in this religion..only the religion of running touchdowns. But he is now....!!

Must be a long line of them, now with someone else, who didn't have the high standards you do!

Oh...correct here Greeny2...quite correct. Right on the mark. For you see...the woman he married is one I gave up because I began to detect how high her "Maintenance Requirements" really were. He did not figure it out until after the "I do's" when she dropped her guard...and no longer sought to hide her maintenance costs.

For you see Greeny2...this is the danger of doing alot of "Trying out for approval." It blinds one to real conditions. It also makes it very easy for many females to substitute their play book for yours and get you to run touchdowns for them without you knowing a play substitution has even taken place.

Now ..if a woman wants to leave me over christmas...there is the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out. This is a clear sign of High Maintenance requirements. If christmas is the apex of her list......she is a shallow hollow high maintenance woman and needs to hit the bricks.

For once again..you see Greeny2...I have learned that the most difficult commodity to get from a woman is Peace...not Piece!!!
I can get piece from most women ..it is not a rare or endangered species..What is become very very rare and even endangered from women..is Peace. And I mean Peace all year long..

Piece is often a cover for High Maintenance costs on the unawares and easily deceived. Peace is the rare and valuable commodity a woman brings to a man who knows...and I will grant you Greeny2...many many men and males do not know. They haven't a clue because of phony sports conditioning.

And Peace is one of His names. Peace requires more work and commitment from a woman than does piece. Much much more.

With piece you often get only the "appearance of commitment." Particularly if it is the the only tool in their tool box.

Frostedman,

Luke 8:16 -- “No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light."

This is not a christmas tree...

It is also a different kind of Light..His Light.

Remember Jeremiah chapter 10.

Oh....and 54 trees ..is alot of trees on the public purse while so many are in bad shape out here. As my friend at work stated..."Let them eat cake."

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:For you see...the woman he married is one I gave up because I began to detect how high her "Maintenance Requirements" really were. He did not figure it out until after the "I do's" when she dropped her guard...and no longer sought to hide her maintenance costs.

Sounds like she dumped you, and you could not find Joy and Peace, until you ruined his marriage! :roll:

orangetom1999 wrote:once he figured out how "High Maintenance " she really was ...it went down hill from there. He finally realized what I had been talking about for a long time...but was to blinded by the "appearance of commitment" verses real commitment.

So much for your idea of "You do what you want in your own house". :oops: Ever occur they just might Love each other!

orangetom1999 wrote:Peace...not Piece!!!

All deducted from putting up the Christmas tree and lights. Amazing!
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Sounds like she dumped you, and you could not find Joy and Peace, until you ruined his marriage! :roll:

Good grief Greeny2. I am beginning to see what some of the Atheists are talking about concerning you. You could not be more mistaken here. However I do definitely not agree with the Atheists here on many of their devout and zealous religious systems of belief.

But this is bottom feeding Greeny2. Even for you.

I did not bother him about his marriage at all. And we occasionally saw each other after they got married. He would bring his wife by. No problems. I did not belabor the point becuause it was obvious to me he had begun to figure out as to what it was I... previous to him marrying her...was talking about concerning overly trying to perform or try out for approval. Before he said " I do " I had cautioned him about "Trying out for approval by being a performer." He told me..."I am going to continue to try out and perform." That ended the issue for me. For I saw the sword coming and warned him.

You see we are both Ham radio operators and still speak on our HF as well as short range radios. He now knows what he did not previously know concerning handling women and trying out for approval. He does not do it anymore. We also work in the same shipyard. He an electrician and me a machinist. Nonetheless he is my friend and one I have known for many many years. You do not let a woman come in between you and a friend like that.

So much for your idea of "You do what you want in your own house". :oops: Ever occur they just might Love each other!

It did in fact occur to me that very question. Hence it was his woman...not mine. However when he came to me with nighmare stories of credit card problems...I still said nothing. I had told him about trying out for approval..it was up to him to put the pieces together.
He is my friend...but I cannot hold his hand forever. Learning is sometime a difficult and unsavory process.

orangetom1999 wrote:Peace...not Piece!!!

All deducted from putting up the Christmas tree and lights. Amazing!

Oh no...Greeny2.

Peace is a 24/7 process...not the appearence of Peace...but real Peace. And piece is a very poor substitute for Peace.

christmas and christmas trees is not the whole year. Peace takes much more commitment than christmas. I should not have to explain this to you.

In your zeal to establish your position and righteousness in this you keep hitting the tangent..not the center of the issue..not center mass...why is this Greeny2??

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm

I think it is your own position of righteousness you need to worry about.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:13 pm

OT better worry about saying LOL so much because of its Pagan origins: Lucifer Our Lord.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby En-Lugal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:17 pm

at1with0 wrote:OT better worry about saying LOL so much because of its Pagan origins: Lucifer Our Lord.

That's a new one on me, I'll have to bring it up at the Pagan meeting. :?
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts