The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Battle Forum

Gay Marriage - Just Say No !!!!

This is the Battle Forum. It was setup for those threads and conversations that get out of hand - and turn into attacks, name calling and childish behavior. Users head here to hash out their differences. Please be warned before entering...
Forum rules
This is the BATTLE FORUM. A WARNING UP FRONT: ANYTHING GOES HERE!

Expect language and attacks from other members here. This place was setup for those threads that turned to personal attacks, name calling, and other immature behavior.

This is an unmoderated board, except by the site Administrator. There are NO THREATS OF VIOLENCE, BLATANT RACISM, or other ILLEGAL ACTIVITY! Other than that, this is a battle field - so enter and read at your own risk.

Postby greeney2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 pm

What the 35 year poll shows is the trend from Conservative thinking base, to liberal thinking base John. The general acceptability of issues and lifestyles is evolving. Think of the times, where the 60's and Viet Nam era mindset was very conservative Growing up in a post WW2 mindset of our parents. My generation was treated that if you would not serve your country, you were a coward, a very stringent conservative thinking. But my generation learned, those conservative ideas were not all so admirable, in terms of issues like civil rights, sending our boys off to war, and other social stigmas. Then we had Watergate, where people got real sick of being told what was right and wrong, when the President was the worst of all. Now these kids of a totally Conservative upbringing, were beginning to be the young and 30 something heart of america, having kids, and believing in a free way of thinking. Why Not we all said! Many issues evolved like woman's equality, abortion, the Death Penalty, and many issues that created a conflict between our laws and personal beliefs.Nothing was wrong with drugs and a free lifestyle, anything goes.

How many cases ended up in courts just because the non smokers were violated by smokers and second hand smoke, seeing the issue as a "rights violations". Conflicts between rights like the right to believe in God, vs those who do not, and court cases pitting the two ends of the spectrum at odds. Within those 35 years of your poll, issues like gays coming out of the closet, teen suicides as a result, and even transsexual issues, have all become very much on the surface, no longer hidden from society. The gay rights issues is one of those issues where for generations it was kept under wraps, as were many private issues.

As times change, so does the rolls of our elected officials, and court appointed judges consequently. The more liberal based voters in States like California, vote in more liberal politicians, who appoint more liberal viewing judges to the higher courts. the trend has moved to much more liberal mindsets in our states, compared to other states who are staunchly still ultra Conservative. The balance of power shifts in our system, in elected offices they have short terms, but in our higher courts, they are appointed for long periods, so the swing of the higher courts is a slow process.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:25 pm

blackvault wrote:I agree. I think the level of fraud in relation to same sex marriage would be so minuscule, it would pale to the fraud of "traditional marriage" between a man and a woman.

I wasn't referring to fraud, I was referring to how eligibility for programs changes with the married status.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:37 pm

If we're going to deny gay marriage because of how gay marriage might be misused then we might as well outlaw guns as well.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:51 pm

You still haven't answered the question, greeney. Forget about the courts. WHY do YOU, personally, think that gay marriage should be illegal?
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:07 pm

at1with0 wrote:If we're going to deny gay marriage because of how gay marriage might be misused then we might as well outlaw guns as well.

I was not referring to abuse of programs or misuse of programs at1. I was referring to the idea that as single people living together or civil unions, they may be better off not getting married, because with marriage status for them, they may end up loosing needed programs and care, with the change from single status.
Especially those who now qualify for some housing assistance, medical assistance, prescription program, they may exceed the threshold of financial limits and end up disqualifying themselves getting married.

That is why I say, be careful what you wish for, it could end up hurting you more to get married.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:31 pm

To many, it isn't about gaining or losing benefits. I think you just hit my point. If someone chooses to marry, and in the process may lose a benefit, isn't that all still their right to do so? Doesn't that prove that same-sex couples, just like man/woman couples, love just as much and in the SAME way? Therefore... they deserve the SAME rights and privileges?

No one here HAS to type what they think personally, or how they feel. There is no obligation to do so...
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:56 pm

greeney2 wrote:
at1with0 wrote:If we're going to deny gay marriage because of how gay marriage might be misused then we might as well outlaw guns as well.

I was not referring to abuse of programs or misuse of programs at1. I was referring to the idea that as single people living together or civil unions, they may be better off not getting married, because with marriage status for them, they may end up loosing needed programs and care, with the change from single status.
Especially those who now qualify for some housing assistance, medical assistance, prescription program, they may exceed the threshold of financial limits and end up disqualifying themselves getting married.

That is why I say, be careful what you wish for, it could end up hurting you more to get married.

That would apply to everyone, not just gay people.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:40 pm

blackvault wrote:No one here HAS to type what they think personally, or how they feel. There is no obligation to do so...

Of course...it's a free country. But...

Isn't that the main purpose of having a forum? To hear what people think about issues? Otherwise this would be nothing but a news site without forums.

Why even bother posting in a forum if all you're going to do is be a parrot the entire time? That's pretty lame.

The whole point we're both trying to get at is WHY. WHY is it wrong for same sex couples to get married? The only way to get to the bottom of it is to hear WHY people think it's not okay -- from their own personal viewpoints.

But we both already know why greeney won't give his personal opinion, don't we..............................

:whistle:

...so why bother. :shh:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby blackvault » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:15 pm

You're half right on that. No one, including myself, will want to be an open book and share everything on everything. You know what I mean? So, if he, myself, or anyone else, wants to keep those personal thoughts to themselves, there isn't anything wrong with that either.

That's why I posed the question 'to the masses' instead of calling any one person out.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby event_horizon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Hey it's all good, because you and I and everyone else that's been around here long enough already knows why greeney thinks gays shouldn't marry. For the same reason all the right wing politicians won't freely admit -- because it violates the constitution. He sounds just like them...beating around the bush with all the political jargon/lame excuses that are meant for nothing more than masking the true agenda.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts