The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Space Discussions and Theories

Mars Rover Makes Discovery For "the History Books" BUT....

From Mercury to Pluto and beyond. . .

Postby blackvault » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Mars Rover Makes Discovery For "the History Books," but NASA Is Keeping It a Secret For Now

By Josh Voorhees

Curiosity is living up to its name. The NASA rover currently wheeling itself around Mars has apparently sent back some very interesting data from the Red Planet in the form of a soil sample that shows ... well, something. From the sounds of it, something big. But for now at least, that's all anyone is willing to say.

Scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena are keeping their lips sealed for the time being while they run additional tests to make sure the discovery holds up. That, however, hasn't stopped one of the mission's leaders from speculating loudly that it'll be one that rewrites at least some of what we know about the universe.

Continue reading: http://www.theblackvault.com/m/news/vie ... et-For-Now
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 pm

That's like knowing what my Christmas presents are and teasing me about it! :wall:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby Nigfis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:02 am

It can only really be the discovery of organic compounds, considering the battery of tests Curiosity does on a scoop of soil.
If I'm right, then my own belief in Panspermia, the theory that microbes transmit life to habitable bodies in space; or the process of such transmission, will be reinforced without doubt.

Panspermia means, to me, that life is everywhere it can be, delivered here, as in everywhere by comets and meteorites and tiny pieces of life-holding rocks and snow knocked off other worlds, or developing within comets as they smash into and collect organic materials.
We already know that it doesn't take a sun to make life. There are many planets that produce their own internal heat by gravitational forces and suchlike, and like the life found deep in the deepest trenches of the Atlantic, around heat 'geysers' of 'chimneys', they have no need of the sun to provide heat and food.
Life, my friends, is everywhere it can possibly be. We are most definitely not 'alone' in this universe.
Nigfis

Postby blackvault » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 am

Nigfis wrote:Life, my friends, is everywhere it can possibly be. We are most definitely not 'alone' in this universe.

I agree, Nigfis. I produced and wrote a show for History Channel's The Universe, called "Alien Faces." We really dove in deep on what life really was, and how could it look like and survive on Alien planets.

If you have 45 minutes, I feel it's one of the best shows I've ever done...

-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby Nigfis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:37 am

John,
I would very much like to see this, but my internet 'dongle' won't allow me to watch youtube on-line.
Do you happen to have this program in a format I can download first, then watch?

Thanks in advance.

Nigel.
Nigfis

Postby blackvault » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 am

Nigfis wrote:John,
I would very much like to see this, but my internet 'dongle' won't allow me to watch youtube on-line.
Do you happen to have this program in a format I can download first, then watch?

Thanks in advance.

Nigel.

Unfortunately, I do not have one to send. Only have the link to the YouTube copy.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby Nigfis » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:51 am

Oh that's handy!
Something called YouTube Down-loader from www.kotato.com. An app for Chrome. Its downloading as we speak..:). I'll try to watch this, this evening.
Nigfis

Postby blackvault » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:39 am

Nice, glad you figured it out :) I would've recommended a similar program, but I read the above like you are unable to access YouTube altogether, so I didn't think it would work.

Let me know what you think. :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby Nigfis » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:09 pm

blackvault wrote:Nice, glad you figured it out :) I would've recommended a similar program, but I read the above like you are unable to access YouTube altogether, so I didn't think it would work.

Let me know what you think. :)

Well, so much for that software... twenty-three minutes in and it quit.

Anyway, I enjoyed the first 23mins very much. :D It was certainly up to History Channel standards.
Disclaimer: I am no tv critic. .....My opinion....pinch of salt.... Same/Same....Yunno.

I liked where it was going though John. I was actually disappointed it finished where it did. (We we're just getting to low-grav lifeforms) If I happen to spot it available anywhere I'll make a point of watching it. I'm still interested to see where it went. :)
Nigfis

Postby blackvault » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Nigfis: There is a program called "YouTube Downloader" which you may want to consider downloading. Last I used it, all you do is put the URL of the YouTube video, and it will download the whole thing for you.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Return to Space Discussions and Theories

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts