The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

So How's It Going, The "War On Terror"?

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby greeney2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:W ... ed_Kingdom

The UK is not stranger to wars either Nigfis.
greeney2

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:41 pm

The recognition that the US has been at war for so much of its history is simply the recognition that the world is an un-safe place. Without the revolution the US wouldn't exist. The other wars of the 18th and 19th century were also wars of independence from Spain, France, Mexico. The Civil War was part of the growth of a new nation with people with different beliefs. They were all struggles for freedom.

WW-1 was caused by our allies being invaded. WW-2 was caused by us being attacked, and our allies being invaded. The Cold War was caused by the actions of the Soviet Union at the end of WW-2. The Korean and Vietnam wars were to stop Communist Imperialism.

The Gulf War was to stop Saddam who invaded our ally. The Iraq War was also to stop Saddam and to fight terrorism as was the war in Afghanistan.

All of these wars were part of the struggle for freedom. So, nigfis, in your opinion, when should the US have stopped fighting for freedom?
CodeBlackv2

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Nigfis wrote:* The U.S. has never gone a decade without war...

Two decades, actually.

1920-1940.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby rath » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Nigfis wrote:
greeney2 wrote:What makes you so sure British intelligence does not have exactly the same kind of system and information on you?
Typical Greeney reply...
They well might, but I was asking you and your fellow Americans, which is why the question was posted.
CCTV is rolling out right across your nation, every town, every city, and so are 'guards' with automatic assault rifles. Airport striptease, biometric passports the lot.

So what your saying, nigfis is the USA is becoming more & more like the USA every day. :lol:

The U.K has the highest concentration of CCTV cameras in the world, not to mention the ongoing programs of bio metric id & such.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
rath

Postby rath » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:28 pm

blackvault wrote:
Nigfis wrote:Face it. You are losing a war that will destroy your country and your way of life. A war you started. In fact, and in the face of the few things I mention above, it already has.

Oh I get it, you're just going to join the small list of people who want to bash the United States because you have some kind of frustration about us? Is it envy?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Envy Hahaha ARRhahahha ..... Sure the world Envy's the USA, ....... you guys keep telling yourselves that.

Whatever helps you sleep at night mate.

Furthermore ......

Nigfis, the UK is hardly doing so well itself pal. Bankruptcy ..... Poverty, double dip rescission, massive unemployment, & third world wages.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rath

Postby blackvault » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Rath... I didn't say that to everyone. It was directed to Nigfis in regards to his direct post towards America and Americans. I believe we are all prideful of the countries we live in... As we should be. But why feel the need to mock and bash another if you don't feel a bit envious? :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby rath » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:03 am

blackvault wrote:Rath... I didn't say that to everyone. It was directed to Nigfis in regards to his direct post towards America and Americans. I believe we are all prideful of the countries we live in... As we should be. But why feel the need to mock and bash another if you don't feel a bit envious? :)

Oh ...... i agree, but i also think the " you envy us " argument is used much like the race card gets used, ..... to shut down other people.

Yes other people bash America ...... but so what.

We all bash the USA, just as we all Bash every-other nation in the world.

& you know what, American's are the worst at it.

So while the rest of the world is in a far far better position than the USA ...... you all just might need to put up with it.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

& lets face it. when the USA does pull itself out of the funk it's in & the U.S dollar & economy improves.
American's will be the first to gloat as they always are.

& then we will just have to where it.

Unless you intend to reprimand all the Americans for trolling & bashing other nations, in the same why you and ALL American's defend the USA at every turn, now.

In the name of consistency & all.

:thumbup:
rath

Postby greeney2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 am

Rath you are the biggest anti american and anti UK troller here. Nobody else would make an argument over Mary Poppins, Lance Armstrong, and being cheated at every Olympics. Its called just being a sniveler.
greeney2

Postby Nigfis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Wing-Zero wrote:
Nigfis wrote:* The U.S. has never gone a decade without war...

Two decades, actually.

1920-1940.

Eh? Your lot joined WWII in nineteen-fourty something. :roll: As for the twenties, google the Banana Wars (1898-1935)
1935-1940 is the longest the US hasn't been at war.

CodeBlackv2 wrote:The recognition that the US has been at war for so much of its history is simply the recognition that the world is an un-safe place.

Woah there CodeBlack2 ! (And hello :))
The World can be a dangerous place. It doesn't have to be.
Like anyone, anywhere, if you keep yourself to yourself, don't brag, don't steal, don't threaten, you'll get along just fine.

According to the World Peace Index,
Top ten most peaceful (from 1-10): New Zealand, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Austria, Sweden, Japan, Canada, Finland, Slovenia. Peaceful as they are, Scandinavians can be pretty competitive so let it be noted that Denmark and Norway are joint second with exactly the same index score.
So, nigfis, in your opinion, when should the US have stopped fighting for freedom?
When the US became free. Americans generally can't wait to tell us all about how free they are.

Incidentally John, I agree with every word Rath wrote about the " you envy us " argument. Its an absolute nonsense.

Hey Rath ;) Been a while eh? I can see you're putting a fair bit of effort in, trying to liven the forum up bit. Good job. :thumbup:

Now:....

Nigfis, the UK is hardly doing so well itself pal. Bankruptcy ..... Poverty, double dip rescission, massive unemployment, & third world wages.

Can't argue with that. We're skint. Proper skint, and prices are on the up like you've never seen mate. Look for 'triple-dip', coming soon I'm sure of it.
Why in the name of the myth we haven't adopted the Icelandic model that put the needs of its population ahead of the markets at every turn. By cancelling the peoples debt, allowing the banks to fail, putting in jail the bankers responsible, and in a "peaceful coup" they have rewritten their constitution and have made Iceland a real democracy with a great deal of the public's participation.

Still, none of that affects the topic, which is about the 'war on terror' and how its working out for the US.
Now when you have to strip, take off your shoes, and/or be x-rayed before being able to fly... and that's after you've had your liquids taken from you... Now when stuff like that happens, along with all the other Homeland Securicrap going on, I'd say the US at least, is very definitely on the back foot.
Nigfis

Postby Nigfis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Oh.. In case you were wondering where the US is on that World Peace Index..........

83rd. :clap:
Nigfis

PreviousNext

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts