The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The Obama Administration & US Politics

Better or Worse?

As the 2012 election is now over, Barack Obama has won a second term. Many wonder how his policies, his administration, and how the entire political arena, will change our future.

Postby greeney2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 am

Lets boil the election down to you personally. How do you think you personal life will be better or worse with Obama? How will it affect you, if at all.

For myself, my biggest concern is how the Obamacare may affect my retirement insurance, and medicare which I just began. I am praying that Obamacare does not open up the floodgates for every business to just say, you have that now and drop company insurances. AT my age, just started medicare, with my company insurance as secondary, I fear that they will cut care to the real elderly, and begin to deny major decisions, based on age.

The Bush tax cuts will all expire, so additional taxes will hit everyone.

The job market is not an issue for me, but it sure is for my kids, and that really worries me. Overall when the job market is bad, unemployment high, crime increases like burglary and break ins.

If Obama continues to slide in the economic areas, we will all feel it. We are at the breaking point that, when we pass a threshold of no return, things could collapse totally. We can not go on with gasoline totally out of control. Everything revolves around that one key thing. We all need to commute, and we are past the breaking point with gas. Everything we touch moves with gas, and every price is affected by that.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am

Great question, actually.

I'll be honest... I rarely, if ever, really dive in to my personal life on any forum, and much of my personal life remains just that - personal. But, this election, I started wearing more of my personal feelings on my sleeve, and made it quite clear that Obama was NOT the right choice for us. Early on, I wasn't sure about Romney either, and did not really throw my support to anyone... I pretty much just threw my LACK of support to the President.

But as time went on, and actually this came only weeks prior to the election, I really confirmed for myself, Romney as a person, politician, and my affiliated party's choice, WAS the right one. But, as we know, he lost.

So, I asked myself, why did I get so PASSIONATE about this election? I thought McCain would have been a great President in 2008, and would return the White House to ideals and a stature that hasn't been seen in quite some time. But, when he lost, albeit it was upsetting, I wasn't passionately effected like this year in 2012.

It took me a few days to realize why. This election, was the first since I got married. This election, was the first since I have been hit really hard financially. This election, was the first time I felt worried about not only my future, but maybe any future Greenewald, Jr.'s I bring in to this world.

After looking into our past 4 years, and looking towards our future, Obama has brought me nothing but heartache... and although I know this is not an "all about me" Presidential race, he really hasn't done much for anyone. Before you disagree with me... you have to look at his job numbers, debt increase, 1 trillion dollar deficit budgets, his priorities, none of which reflected my wants, but really went against what the people wanted as a whole.

I have dreams and aspirations like anyone. And Obama's administration has done NOTHING to take those to the next level. After seeing what Romney could accomplish, and see who he was as a businessman, he, in my opinion, would've helped me accomplish my dreams, and the dreams of many others. Do I know that for a fact? Of course not. But with his desire to really "champion small business" I thought that my ultimate dream, for myself and now my beautiful wife, could be accomplished. But, that all went out the window last Tuesday night, at least for another 4 years.

Why so grim? You may be thinking, "Oh come on, John, you're just a sore loser because Romney lost, and are being overly dramatic." Well, you might be right! ;) But many analysts are saying that small business ventures have been crushed hard under Obama's administration, and could be crushed even harder in his second term. New start-ups are something that should be heavily re-considered, as new taxes, new mandates, etc. etc. will prohibit strong, rapid, growth.

In other words, I am not going to take the biggest gamble of my life - with a President who has done nothing for me, or the people around me.

THAT's why my passion came out on this one.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm

I think in the end we will all make it, because Obama is in the same position as Clinton who also had a Democratic Congress in the beginning. He had to become more moderate working with the Congress. I would not alter any of your hopes and dreams, you just have to adjust to things as they come. Been the life long battle of keeping up with inflation every year since the early 70's when your Mother and I got married. You will be OK.
greeney2

Postby Solarflares » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:55 pm

I am far better off than I was 4 years ago, I do not air my personal life often, hence, I shall not air it here, unless I find the need to do so.....I know several individuals who were sick or ill, who were refused Health Insurance and now have affordable health insurance, NOT on the back of Tax payers. Many are screaming foul on food prices, look to Mother Nature for that..I can tell you 5 years ago, under Bush, my stocks fell, my 401K was nil to nothing..Eight years of blunders caused by a Republican administration will take longer than four years to put right! Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women, a huge step for many of my sisters, they did indeed get equal pay. My taxes went down, (Middle Class)..This site should appreciate this. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act! My clients who suffer from Autism received the needed funds to continue reaching out to the public, I could go on and on, BYW, Obama is not responible for gas prices, look that one up!
Solarflares

Postby greeney2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Wasn't trying to pry in personal lives, just posing the questions are you truly affected in you daily life, and what is the impact.

401k's have rebounded over the last 4 years, that is true, but they also tanked back in the Clinton years as I recall, when the market one went up to 5000. Hard to figure how stocks can be up, when unemployment it so high. Gas also did not spike to $5.00 per gallon while Bush had trouble with the economy.

Good to know some are help with the Obamacare.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:08 am

Solarflares wrote:The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act!

Hello Solarflares,

I am glad that "Obamacare" is helping your friends, and hope that overall, it will be a benefit to our country. Without debating that, I did want to comment on one thing you mention, which is the above.

I am not sure how you think the FOIA is being "respected" by the Obama Administration, White House and Federal Government. As you know, the White House is not subject to the FOIA, and it never has been. By "respected" if you mean the government is still processing requests, you're right. But HOW they process requests is a disgrace to the FOIA and the people who Obama himself said deserved transparency. In 2007/2008, he campaigned on certain promises, and one of which was transparency. One of the first few days in office, Obama sent a memo to all agency heads to ensure they were following the FOIA in it's true purpose. Yet, Obama's actions, and the federal agencies that are connected to him, have done the absolute opposite.

In March of 2012, it was said that the Obama Administration falsely changed and altered their numbers, in regards to FOIA "openness". Source: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... ess/49668/

David Sobel, senior counsel at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, who has been doing FOIA requests through SIX Presidential Administrations, said this about Obama: “Obama is the sixth administration that’s been in office since I’ve been doing Freedom of Information Act work. … It’s kind of shocking to me to say this, but of the six, this administration is the worst on FOIA issues. The worst. There’s just no question about it,” Source: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/03 ... z2C7DUGpnH

In March of 2010, the LA Times reported that Obama was actually rejecting MORE FOIA Requests than the Bush Administration: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... -bush.html

In other words, I think you may be misled on the Obama Administration, and their openness with the public.

It is with the facts outlined above, along with quite a few others, that show me there is a lot more going on with this administration that meets the eye.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 pm

When you understand what Obama is really all about you realize that he is not for transparency at all. He is trying to fundamentally change what the US is, and you can't do that with transparency. The American people have made a huge mistake.

John, the worries that you've mentioned are repeated throughout the country.

Just remember that the United States is more than one person, or president, and whatever damage he causes can be repaired in time. Still, the 4 trillion increase in the debt will take a century to fix, and that is a long time.

Personally? Well I don't believe that is a good way to judge a president because it takes years for new policies to have their ultimate effect. There is always a delayed response. The policies of the last four years have yet to reach their full effect.

Obama has kept very few of his campaign promises and that is a good thing. I hope he keeps it up.
CodeBlackv2

Postby greeney2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Yes either the people made a big mistake, or the Obama election team did the most masterful job state by state, down to each and every precinct so well, it completely out campaigned Romney. Let all hope some of the reports of precincts reporting 100% to 0%, were not false. I do not want to start the crying towel like Gore did.

If you did not believe it before the election, I wonder how many people are in disbelief of all the last weeks events, how after the election, they are coming out. How the entire Bengazai attack had been completly stalled, and what a stroke of luck Sandy was. I may add that the high note Obama rode into the election with giving aid to Sandy, is not going so well, and today there are still victims who have not had power restored. Another Lie, that all the Mayors and Governors had his personal phone number and he would be their for them. Yeah right, he left the country.
greeney2

Return to The Obama Administration & US Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts