The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby katsung47 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division
Published: Wednesday, 7 Nov 2012

Boeing announced a major restructuring of its defense division on Wednesday that will cut 30 percent of management jobs from 2010 levels, close facilities in California and consolidate several business units to cut costs.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49729998

Watch the date of the announcement. They don't want bad news to hurt Obama's campaign?
katsung47

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:01 am

People reported this was coming and were told they were nuts or conspiracy theorists.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby BloodStone » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:12 am

Yup , every single scandal, and bit of news that would have made sure Obamao was a one term president was hidin till after the elction.

So sad what we have become. Only hope now is that Obamao is seen as the failure he really is, and I'm pretty sure after another 4 years of going nowhere , we will probably never elect a demorat again.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby greeney2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:32 am

I would not make much out of the Boeing news. I worked for them as one owner of my division from 95 to 2006, but what they did is very common in aerospace. Work always slows when a Presidential change nears, lots of uncertainty, and it is also the holidays. That is why one company told the workers, this may happen. Fiscal year starts in October for many of these places, when their budget money starts and stops. That is why you see lots of overtime to use up budgets, or they will get them again. They also have a agreement with the unions, to not lay off in the holidays, so more may come in January, is my guess. Yes, Obama probably means certain contracts will not go through, and defense is being cut. The stealth fighter was reduced, in flight refueling aircraft I think, and probably many other programs. I am sure you will see hits in the missile defense shields/starwars programs.

What is bad is all these big divisions, also sub out work locally to local machine shops, who are going to get flattened with these cutbacks. They are required to sub out 20% of these big contracts, and one reason the government grants them. To put dollars into cities and these areas, so remember that next time you curse the defense industry, it provides countless local jobs in small business. That was also Romneys thinking.
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts