The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Other Paranormal and Occult

Watchers

The paranormal and occult have many sides, discuss all other paranormal/occult topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:29 pm

The watchers I remember were those mentioned in the necronomicon by the mad arab. Usually drawn to watch your magical workings and rituals, especially when attempting to ascend the ladder towards meeting the ancient ones. They seemed like a cool bunch but if you weren't careful in your workings, the would devour you. :shifty:

Postby at1with0 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Iak Sakkath if I recall...
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:44 am

Yeah I just googled that and whoa! I wasn't aware that any "traditions" existed. I found this site. http://warlockasylum.wordpress.com/ I was referring to the book, the necronomicon I read in high-school. Well, most of it as I stopped and gave it away. I attributed the strange things that happened when I read that book to the book itself then but I think it had more to do with the house my father lived in at the time.

I've always been fascinated with the Sumerian civilization, their deities and rituals. Inanna and Enki in particular have always peeked my interest but with so many religious texts demonizing them, it was very disheartening. Thankfully there are a great deal of sources available today that weren't back then.

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:01 am

Spooky dooky! :shock:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby ricardo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 am

I'm not in agreement on the link title. grouping the paranormal
and occult together. I think the paranormal is demonstrable compared to
the occult . i believe the occult involves magical thinking.
secret societies, and dramatization. not to insult anyone here. just my opinion.

I think the movie push is a exaggerated though real depiction of possibilities.
Dakota fanning , Bella, and Chris Evans - fan four . star in this flick many others too. in relation to the description of pushers, 'watchers' ,movers ,shadows-that obviously have the common literal meaning . (not in this movie)

magical thinking being something akin to ego derived satisfaction from the real or perceived power of delusional thinking.(placebo ideation) or, negative
thinking. etc... for example voodoo . this may be medically defined as delusional
depending on context. pagan rites. etc...
Last edited by ricardo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:49 am

I think Sandra has an interesting definition of watchers.
here's the movie trailer for 'push' re-2009 pushers ,movers, watchers, shadows, etc...
ricardo

Postby cormac » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:44 am

of course angels are being 'watchers' in the Book of Enoch ... tho they couldn't stay only watchers ... this is interesting folklore reading for sure ...

and there is also the scientific statement that observing something inherently changes it ... as well as if the subjects know they are being observed that they will behave differently (let's hope that's the real reason for why people act as they do when on a reality tv show) :P
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby bionic » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:29 pm

sandra wrote:"The Watchers are cosmic beings, who possess the innate ability to achieve virtually any effect desired, including augmenting personal attributes, time and space manipulation, molecular manipulation, energy projection, and a range of mental powers. They also have access to highly advanced technology."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watcher_(comics)

Watchers here are described as fictonal beings in Marvel Comics, I'd say someone
in Marvel Comics knows something, I'd say they are a Watcher. :lol:

what she said...
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby bionic » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:31 pm

they can speak to us through anyone, everyone..anything..it can be overwhleming and confusing at times...we are all their condiuts..wether we realize or not
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
bionic

Postby bionic » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:32 pm

for instance..if someone says something to you..that you realize you meant to hear..an example..you discussed something with one pserson..and suddenly it comes up all over the place..etc..

also..the more you acknowledge it, the more it comes up..so be ready for that...A little bit of synchronicity and serendipity is fun..a-lot of it is..overwhelming
― William S. Burroughs
bionic

PreviousNext

Return to Other Paranormal and Occult

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts