The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Romney

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Issues abound, so sensitive, so seeing of things that simply don't exist. I've been around the block a time or two, wanna take be out back and shoot me for saying that, have at it.

Now speaking of learning something and respecting someone. Let's get back on topic.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/11/05 ... -document/

And yes...you have a software issue with respect to a certain browser and the new page. Server misdirects via cookies......you might wanna fix that! ;)

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby blackvault » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 am

Cole: Can you show me what you are experiencing by posting a screen shot to the Front Page thread, or email me directly at john@greenewald.com? Most of those with issues, aren't seeing them anymore, so I'd like to see if this is unrelated.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Sorry it was my end server.....Looks like another interested party dropped some code on my end.....something I said about something on another site that caused some censorship..

No current issues and working just fine on your end.

Thanks for your tolerance John, it doesn't go unnoticed. I for one am glad you finally got up off that couch. :lol:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Oops...just as soon as I posted the above I got the " page is trying to redirect in a way that will never complete again " it's a cookie storing/reading prob. It's akin to " page not found "---try again error message.

If I sweep the history I can browse the site, yet as soon as it stores a cookie then the error message is recognized and the browser is unable to open any page on your site.

Strange..

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby blackvault » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Have you tried to clear your cookies, and start again?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 pm

What do cookies do, and how can they affect you? I always get nervous about deleting anything, not knowing if I'm deleted something important to a program or something that is creating a problem.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:24 pm

In short, cookies are implanted in your computer that keep you logged in to sites like this, and store some preferences.

Here is a longer description: http://www.whatarecookies.com/

That said, they aren't bad, and are quite normal. But sometimes, old cookies can stay in the system, and not get updated, and that can cause issues like this. It's always good practice to delete them sometimes...
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:33 pm

greeney2 wrote:What do cookies do, and how can they affect you? I always get nervous about deleting anything, not knowing if I'm deleted something important to a program or something that is creating a problem.

They allow websites to recognize your pc which allows your browser to navigate web sites, all sites drop cookies onto your PC. Some drop bots which track your search strings, this is mainly used ( they say ) for ad services based on demographics...but I've never believed that. lol

John....all is working just fine now which means I more than likely had a browser issue related to a security setting. Once cleared the browser would work fine but as soon as your site dropped a cookie and my pc logged it then the browser would tell me that the page was trying to redirect in a way that would never complete.....Right now all is working just fine with no issues whatsoever.

Thank you.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby blackvault » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Cole: Just an FYI, I finally figured out the issue. Sometimes, I feel confident I can do a lot in regards to programming and coding. Other times, I pull out all my hair trying to figure it out... then when I finally do, I feel SO stupid! :wtf: :lol: Oh well, at least it's working now. :P
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby Cole_Trickle » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 am

blackvault wrote:Cole: Just an FYI, I finally figured out the issue. Sometimes, I feel confident I can do a lot in regards to programming and coding. Other times, I pull out all my hair trying to figure it out... then when I finally do, I feel SO stupid! :wtf: :lol: Oh well, at least it's working now. :P

:lol: :lol: You remind me of my wife. Man you should see her move around a PC Keyboard, she can crash a brand new one in a few minutes time. :lol: She tried to hook up and activate a wireless router for my daughter.. :lol: :lol: In the end it was about as close as she's come to hitting me with a balled up fist. :lol: And she's very very smart, works with some very famous clients..yada, yada, yada.....just as hard headed as a Billy Goat ( at times )

She laughs at me when I try to tell her that PC's have memory that can recognize DIFFERENT users based on how they actually use the machine.... She always locks this old box up and then leaves it to me to unravel. I banned her from it so she preceded to lock up a three month old lap top and some how cook the wireless router connection....LOL She can write code and a few programs yet can't understand how PC's actually work.....I'm the complete opposite....If i had to write a program I'd end up in Siberia.. :lol:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts