The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Boy Scouts

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 am

At long last the lid had been lifted.

The Boy Scout 'perversion files': Thousands of pages of secret documents reveal how abuse of boys was covered up for DECADES

Again and again, decade after decade, an array of authorities - police chiefs, prosecutors, pastors and local Boy Scout leaders among them - quietly shielded scoutmasters and others accused of molesting children, a newly opened trove of confidential papers shows.

At the time, those authorities justified their actions as necessary to protect the good name and good works of Scouting, a pillar of 20th century America.

But as detailed in 14,500 pages of secret 'perversion files' released today by order of the Oregon Supreme Court, their maneuvers allowed sexual predators to go free while victims suffered in silence

Always for the greater good. How pathetic the human race has become.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... r-ups.html

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:41 am

A little known fact I discovered during arguments (I mean debates :lol: ) about pedafile priests was that the percentages of these abuses were not all from the Catholic priests. Payouts for liability by insurance companies, showed that similar sexual claims were paid out to people from other clergy, teachers, and scouts. The Catholics were in no more numbers of total % of claims, than other religions. That all the other religions had claims against them as well, all very close in total percentage from one another. One would think that the Catholic Priest had some overwhelming majority, but they did not.

Not that this is very great news, but it shows that these offences occur across the board in religions, the teaching profession, and even in the scouts.

Cole and I disagree all the time, but this time, we agree, its a pretty sad state the human race has turned into. Is there anyone on this earth to trust anymore?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:50 am

Cole_Trickle wrote:How pathetic the human race has become.

You're just now realizing this? :P :twisted:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 pm

I remember our kids went to a children dentist when they were young. They did not have doors on the indivual rooms, it was all open, so no child was ever alone with anyone. Not only do the children have to be protected but so should all these clergy, teachers, doctors, etc. Maybe schools should not have doors, no teacher can ever be alone without a 3rd party. Pretty darn pathetic we have to be thinking like this, but for teachers, kids can really make up stories.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:16 am

greeney2 wrote:kids can really make up stories.

They can, conceivably. When I worked at Sylvan learning center, no one was allowed alone in a room with students. When I tutor kids, my standing policy is to have parents present. That may interfere somewhat with what I do but it protects both myself and the students. It's very sad that we have to think this way but it is in the best interest of the children.
at1with0

Postby Cole_Trickle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 am

at1with0 wrote:
Cole_Trickle wrote:How pathetic the human race has become.

You're just now realizing this? :P :twisted:

Yeah.....and to think I'm one to give the " BENEFIT OF DOUBT " until I learn different.

Gee WTF was I thinking. ;)

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby at1with0 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:00 am

Good question!
at1with0

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts