The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Report proves Lance Armstrong used drugs

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby rath » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:06 pm

October 11, 2012

"Overwhelming" evidence shows Lance Armstrong engaged in the biggest doping conspiracy in sports history to win the Tour de France seven times, the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) said Wednesday.

USADA chief executive Travis T. Tygart said USADA has submitted a report on why it banned Armstrong for life in August to the International Cycling Union (UCI) and World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and released more than 1,000 pages of supporting evidence gathered in a probe of Armstrong and the US Postal Service team.

"The evidence of the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team-run scheme is overwhelming," Tygart said.

"The evidence shows beyond any doubt that the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team ran the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen."

That includes testimony from 26 people, 15 of them with knowledge of US Postal riders and doping activities, including George Hincapie, who admitted in a statement Wednesday that he took performance-enhancing drugs.

"It's extremely difficult today to acknowledge that during a part of my career I used banned substances," he said.

"Early in my professional career, it became clear to me that, given the widespread use of performance enhancing drugs by cyclists at the top of the profession, it was not possible to compete at the highest level without them.

"I deeply regret that choice and sincerely apologize to my family, teammates and fans."

Other former Armstrong teammates who testified include Frankie Andreu, Michael Barry, Tom Danielson, Tyler Hamilton, Floyd Landis, Levi Leipheimer, Stephen Swart, Christian Vande Velde, Jonathan Vaughters and David Zabriskie.

"Different categories of eyewitness, documentary, first-hand, scientific, direct and circumstantial evidence reveal conclusive and undeniable proof that brings to the light of day for the first time this systemic, sustained and highly professionalized team-run doping conspiracy," Tygart said.

Armstrong was banned for life by USADA and stripped of his seven Tour de France triumphs from 1999-2005 after declining the chance to challenge the doping charges against him before a USADA arbitration panel.

Armstrong, who has denied any wrongoding, said he was weary of years of allegations against him and tired of fighting, instead hoping to focus on his Livestrong foundation and anti-cancer fundraising activities.

The decision not to press ahead with a defense against the charges and take the chance to contest the evidence against him came after Armstrong lost a legal fight in US court to challenge USADA's system of hearing doping appeals.

"Lance Armstrong was given the same opportunity to come forward and be part of the solution. He rejected it," Tygart said.

"Instead he exercised his legal right not to contest the evidence and knowingly accepted the imposition of a ban from recognized competition for life and disqualification of his competitive results from 1998 forward."

The UCI has challenged USADA's authority to bring charges against Armstrong but WADA backed USADA's jurisdiction and power to press the case.

The UCI could appeal the sanctions against Armstrong to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Three US Postal team members -- director Johan Bruyneel, doctor Pedro Celaya and trainer Jose Marti -- have chosen to contest the charges and face a public hearing on the matter, likely later this year.

A letter from Armstrong attorney Tim Herman to USADA on Tuesday attacked the report by saying it would not include all details uncovered in the probe.

"USADA will no doubt accept the stories told by Floyd Landis and Tyler Hamilton as gospel," Herman wrote. "A reasoned decision would include all prior inconsistent statements by these witnesses."

But USADA also cites such documents as financial payments and e-mails as well as scientific data and laboratory test results to show Armstrong used and distributed performance-enhancing drugs.

"(Evidence does) confirm the disappointing truth about the deceptive activities of the USPS Team, a team that received tens of millions of American taxpayer dollars in funding," Tygart said.

Tygart said the program was designed to evade detection as well as pressure athletes into taking drugs and maintain a "code of silence" about the activities.

"We always hoped this investigation would bring to a close this troubling chapter in cycling's history and we hope the sport will use this tragedy to prevent it from ever happening again," Tygart said.

Tygart called upon the UCI to encourage riders to reveal the truth and not be "chained to the past forever".

"We believe that allowing individuals to come forward and acknowledge the truth about their past doping may be the only way to truly dismantle the remaining system that allowed this 'EPO and Blood Doping Era' to flourish.

"The riders who participated in the USPS Team doping conspiracy and truthfully assisted have been courageous in making the choice to stop perpetuating the sporting fraud, and they have suffered greatly."
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby greeney2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:03 pm

The fact he is a cancer survivor and was able to finish at all, is an amazing feat. Only idiots like you would make such an issue over this, since Australia is rated only 16th as a country, in the Tour de France, to have only won segments of the race, and has never won the race ever. I would say if Austrailia was right behind Armstrong, running second place, you would have a complaint. Austrailia has never been a factor in this sport, especially this event where only the worlds best compete. australia just is not competative in this sport, which has nothing to do with Armstrong.

Is all of Australia such snivelers, or is it just you. :roll: You really are a crybaby. :lol:
greeney2
 
Posts: 9533
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:08 pm

greeney2 wrote:The fact he is a cancer survivor and was able to finish at all, is an amazing feat. Only idiots like you would make such an issue over this, since Australia is rated only 16th as a country, in the Tour de France, to have only won segments of the race, and has never won the race ever. I would say if Austrailia was right behind Armstrong, running second place, you would have a complaint. Austrailia has never been a factor in this sport, especially this event where only the worlds best compete. australia just is not competative in this sport, which has nothing to do with Armstrong.

Is all of Australia such snivelers, or is it just you. :roll: You really are a crybaby. :lol:



1. All it proves is that lance Armstrong, has no balls.

2. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

greeney2 wrote:Austrailia has never been a factor in this sport, especially this event where only the worlds best compete. australia just is not competative in this sport, which has nothing to do with Armstrong.



Why do you make things up greeny2.

I said 6 years ago, China Olympics. That Lance Armstrong was a drug cheat & steroid user. & you claimed he was no & defended him ( only ) because he is an American & you defend anything that shows the usa is not all you crack it up to be.

Your only defending Lance Armstrong now because your an ultra patriot, & left wing nationalist.

greeney2 wrote:Australia is rated only 16th as a country, in the Tour de France, to have only won segments of the race, and has never won the race ever.


Do you even follow the sport ........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you heard of Cadel Evans.

Watch on youtube.com



Oh Greeney2 ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby greeney2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:09 am

The rankings by country of the tour de france are Australia is 16th overall, you can look it up. It considers all wins, and wins of what they call stages. Overall they are not that good, even it Austrailia won 2011, your average ranking is very low.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9533
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby capricorn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 am

"Overwhelming"? HA!

All of the "overwhelming evidence" is based on eyewitness testimony and hear-say.

Personally, I am not saying I believe he did or did not do it. All I am saying is, where is the evidence??

[From the washington post]
"For all of its heft, however, the document does not contain unassailable proof of a single positive drug test. And throughout years-old claims that his athletic triumphs were tainted has been the basis of Armstrong’s defense: that he has never failed a drug test."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/ot ... story.html

Also, the USADA fails to mention (in their 1000 page document) that Armstrong passed 600 drug tests throughout his career.

Court cases are never won solely by Witness Testimony. So, Point blank, where is the Evidence? The hard, Concrete evidence? Guess what? there is none, and until it is found, he is innocent. People can have their opinions, but they will just remain opinions

Take a look at the UFO phenomenon. Hundreds of thousands of eye-witness accounts. Scientific Evidence, Eye-Witness Testimony. Photo evidence, video evidence, physical evidence... but guess what... dismissed by the government and majority of the scientific community, why... because there is no concrete unassailable evidence.

So, now the are 26 people saying that Armstrong doped but they have no evidence and we are supposed to destroy his career over that? Sorry but I wouldn't support it. Here is a possibility... there are 26 people who don't like him and are out to get him. Maybe we should spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a witch hunt to investigate the motives of these 26 people.

Regardless of my opinion.. Lance is innocent until you present the hard scientific evidence. Once that is presented, I'll shut my mouth.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
User avatar
capricorn
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Postby greeney2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:36 am

Thank you Capricorn, and Amen. Rath is just obsessed with anything unamerican, and his rants show it. All you have to do is look at yesterdays post all americans are stupid to him.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9533
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 pm

capricorn wrote:"Overwhelming"? HA!

All of the "overwhelming evidence" is based on eyewitness testimony and hear-say.

Personally, I am not saying I believe he did or did not do it. All I am saying is, where is the evidence??


Were is the evidence you say .... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Lance Armstrong was turned in buy his own team mates ....

Lance Armestrong is the biggest drug cheat ever ........ & Drug cheats are the scum of the earth.

Scabs & lairs.


& if lance Armstrong has lied about using drugs for so long ........ what else is he lying about ???


Did he ever have cancer OR WAS THAT ALL A LIE TOO.

Lance Armstrong is a liar & a Drug cheat .... so he probably did lie about having cancer ....


& like all drug users ..... he is most likely a thief too.

How many millions of dollars has he stolen from his cancer charity ....


Im sure we will soon find out.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:48 pm

greeney2 wrote:Thank you Capricorn, and Amen. Rath is just obsessed with anything unamerican, and his rants show it. All you have to do is look at yesterdays post all americans are stupid to him.



Please .... Lance Armstrong is a criminal .... he was charged with a crime & he refused to attend the court hearing.


Even his own team mates say he is a lair, & a drug cheat .... A man of little character.

This is your hero greeny2 ....

A con man & a drug cheat ..... ( worst ever ) he is Gutless.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Lance Armstrong branded a liar, a cheat and a bully by his former teammates

THE Lance Armstrong myth has been blown to pieces by evidence exposing the seven-time Tour de France winner as a ringleader of the "most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping program sport has ever seen".

The US Anti-Doping Agency released a 200-page report revealing in minute detail how Armstrong:

SURROUNDED himself with drug runners and doping doctors;

BULLIED teammates into using his methods;

INTIMIDATED witnesses;

REPEATEDLY lied to investigators;

PULLED out of a race to avoid a test.

No fewer than 11 teammates testified against him, leaving USADA with "no doubt that Mr Armstrong's career (from 1998-2005) was fuelled from start to finish by doping".

The report says: "Armstrong and his handlers engaged in a massive and long-running scheme to use drugs, cover their tracks, intimidate witnesses, tarnish reputations, lie to hearing panels and the press and do whatever was necessary to conceal the truth."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Do you think Lance Armstrong is guilty?
Do you think Lance Armstrong is guilty?
Yes, it's clear
No, I believe him
I don't know
The worst drugs cheat in history
Armstrong responds to USADA report
Keep yellow jerseys vacant: Jonker

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

It adds that his goal to win the Tour de France "led him to depend on EPO, testosterone and blood transfusions but also, more ruthlessly, to expect and require that his teammates would likewise use drugs to support his goals".

The 1000-page dossier was delivered to the Swiss headquarters of cycling's world governing body, the UCI. It is based on the sworn testimony of 26 people, including 15 cyclists who were involved in, or had knowledge of, a "doping conspiracy" orchestrated by Armstrong and other leading figures in the US Postal Service team. It also uses scientific evidence and bank records.

Armstrong led the US Postal team from 1998, when he launched a comeback after recovering from cancer, to 2005, when he retired after winning a record seventh Tour.

Travis Tygart, the head of USADA, said that during this period "Armstrong acted as a ringleader and intimidated people who spoke out about doping".

It amounted, said Tygart, to a "doping conspiracy professionally designed to groom and pressure athletes to use dangerous drugs, to evade detection, to ensure its secrecy and ultimately gain an unfair advantage."

The report also alleges Armstrong paid more than $1 million to a Swiss bank account controlled by Dr Michele Ferrari, an Italian coach who has consistently been linked to doping and stands accused by USADA of administering banned products.

USADA spent five months building a case against Armstrong, his former team director and three doctors connected to his former team, including Ferrari.

Five individuals connected to the team - former director, Johan Bruyneel, Ferrari, two other doctors and Armstrong - were charged with doping offences in June and given until August 24 to respond.

Armstrong did not contest the charges, instead releasing a statement accusing USADA of a "witch hunt".

The 15 riders who testified to the agency include six active riders who have all been given reduced six-month bans for their co-operation.

Tygart said: "Lance Armstrong was given the same opportunity to come forward and be part of the solution. He rejected it."

Among the riders who testified were George Hincapie and Michael Barry. Hincapie is one of Armstrong's closest friends, and the only man who rode by his side for all seven Tour wins. Barry has ridden for Team Sky for the past three seasons. Both retired recently.

In a statement, Barry said that, when he turned professional with US Postal in 2002, he realised "doping had become an epidemic problem in cycling".

"After being encouraged by the team, pressured to perform and pushed to my physical limits, I crossed a line I promised myself and others I would not: I doped."

Christian Vande Velde, 36, added: "I was wrong to think I didn't have a choice - I did, and I chose wrong."

The testimony of Hincapie, who also released a confessional statement, is arguably the most damning. While Armstrong has dismissed others who have spoken out, such as Floyd Landis and Tyler Hamilton, pointing out that both were discredited after failing drug tests, Hincapie has never failed a drug test or fallen foul of Armstrong. Indeed, Armstrong has described Hincapie as his "best bro in the peloton".

But yesterday, Hincapie admitted that, when approached two years ago by US government investigators, he admitted to more than just his own doping: "I understood that I was obligated to tell the truth about everything I knew. So that is what I did."

The USADA report claims that in 2010, while under federal investigation, Armstrong tried to persuade Hincapie to remain in Europe "to avoid or delay testifying". In his evidence to USADA, Hincapie revealed that, at a race in Spain in 2000, Armstrong told him he "had just taken testosterone".

Hincapie then found out that drug testers were waiting at their hotel. "I texted Lance to warn him to avoid the place. As a result, Lance dropped out of the race."

The report recounts Armstrong's and his team's use of drugs in detail. It claims that, during Armstrong's Tour victory in 2000 he, Hamilton and Kevin Livingston had a blood transfusion.

"The whole process took less than 30 minutes," Hamilton said.

The report also raises the possibility that cycling's governing body, the UCI, helped to suppress a positive test for Armstrong during the 2001 Tour of Switzerland.

USADA also accuses Armstrong of being "engaged in an effort to procure false affidavits from potential witnesses".

Armstrong has yet to respond to the USADA report, but in an interview last week he said: "My conscience is perfectly clear."
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby capricorn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:00 pm

"Waaahhh!! Lance Armstrong bullied me Waaaahhhh!!!, I was intimidated Wahhhhh!!!"

Sounds like a bunch of babies crying to me.

Good for his teammates, they are criminals. You write it like his teammates are his best friends or something. Teammate is just another name for co-worker. Co-workers are hardly close friends and in some cases back-stabbing cheaters.

Still no evidence, keep posting articles but who cares until you have evidence.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
User avatar
capricorn
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests