The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Ever-War

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:12 am

This link is a series of sermons/lectures which I think some of the believers here will find very very interesting as the speaker covers subjects not ordinarily taught by ministers or even other church members and shows how current events or other events going back in history are related to what is happening today and affect us.

http://midnightmessenger.com/Conrad_Jarrell.html

Conrad Jarrell is a minister in a small church in Las Vegas, Nevada. I have never heard a minister speak as does Elder Conrad Jarrell or tie so many seemingly unrelated topics/subjects into a relationship that one can see with the eyes of the spirit.

I was particularly stunned with the topic line last night on my MP3 Player on Lesson 43 and 44 having to do with modern philosophies and policies/leadership...even public education. What Elder Jarrell speaks of explains alot to the spiritually aware of how and why you get the responses from unbelievers that you do.

Lesson 43 on Cognitive dissonance and 44 on Baruch Spinoza.

Recordings like this is something I enjoy listening to when I am working about the garage and out in the yard to help pass the time. I will be cutting my grass today and also my Elderly Parents grass so you know my MP3 Player will be accompanying me.

Nonetheless..I found lesson 43 and 44 to be particularly applicable today thought most of the lessons on this list are applicable in one form or another and certainly educational. What you do in listening to this series is pick up a valuable piece of information and thinking in one lesson and another in another lesson and so on. Eventually you have a whole and bigger picture/canvas..not just disconnected events and pieces of information's. You can begin to see how many of them are related..not disconnected and the results they have brought about.

It is ministers and speakers like this who caused me to catch on to alot of what passes for church leaders today and how they are so misleading the flock as to what is going on around them and removing the Salt from Believers and replacing it with sugar.

I will be going back through most of them over time and have bookmarked them in my favorites column.

I was particularly stunned in learning of a concept called "Transhumanism" and the advances in technology as to what science is attempting to do to create a certain kind of human by applying science to the philosophy of Transhumanism.
Elder Jarrell actually speaks of this in lessons prior to lesson 29 as a introduction to the topic but continues on in more detail in the lesson on Transhuman. Very interesting and telling of what is coming by the "Religion of Science."

Enjoy and learn,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby at1with0 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Spinoza, eh?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby orangetom1999 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 am

Spinoza...yes..Baruch Spinoza. Also lectures on Immanuel Kant, David Hume, and Rene Descarte. The Great Philosophers. Even talks going back to Aristotle and Socrates.

I have found this Ministers teaching and preaching to be very very different from much of what passes for teaching and preaching..both from the pulpit and also from Public Schools. A view and understanding seldom heard from most venues.
A view and understanding seldom heard even from the body politic financing Public Education.

Hence I have over the years become very dubious about the nature of politics, public school education, and also what attempts to pass for the Church today.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby En-Lugal » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 am

Twenty-five minutes into lesson 43, very interesting insights. I've bookmarked the site and will go over them all eventually in my research. :thumbup:

Edit: This touched on a great many thoughts I've had on the world today and it's effect on my thought processes. It also brought to the forefront my disdain for the present administration's obsession with legal wordplay and their legislative dishonesty.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Yes...En-Lugal,

For the last week..I have been going through lessons 35 and back unto today into lesson 43. When you look at the entirety as to what it is building up to and the steps used to paint the mosaic or picture...it is indeed a very interesting picture.

His explanation of Cognitive Dissonance is very interesting and how it is used and misused on us to control or manage by making one feel inadequate and or avoid conflict ...by modifying behavior makes me think of all these groups using labeling and name calling to get others to change or modify their behaviors..or at least to keep silent.

I tend to call this guilt programming and until this series of lessons have never heard of Cognitive Dissonance..but now recognize it around us alot as a social conditioning tool.

While I am not a Ann Coulter fan...I noticed in a recent interview that someone on the other side of the spectrum was constantly labeling her a Homophobe, racist and anti semitic as a control mechanism or to sway public opinion. This technique I find very common today in politics and leadership and it is very misleading and subversive in how it is used until you catch on to how it is a control guilt technique on the unawares and easily manipulated...censorship.
People will change their behaviors to avoid dissonance. To me much of this is a type of mob rule ..not individual thinking.
Also subversive in it's nature against the unawares.

I also very much enjoyed his outline of historical figures like John Dee adviser to Queen Elizabeth 1st, along with other figures from history ..Spinoza, Hume, Kant, Keynes and others. Even Richard Dawkins.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts