The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

The drugs don't work - HELP ME

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby esecallum » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:07 pm

A doctor has written this article and I suggest everyone save it before it disappears.

The drugs don't work: a modern medical scandal

The doctors prescribing the drugs don't know they don't do what they're meant to. Nor do their patients. The manufacturers know full well, but they're not telling.

Reboxetine is a drug I have prescribed. Other drugs had done nothing for my patient, so we wanted to try something new. I'd read the trial data before I wrote the prescription, and...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012 ... n-goldacre

Drugs are tested by their manufacturers, in poorly designed trials, on hopelessly small numbers of weird, unrepresentative patients, and analysed using techniques that exaggerate the benefits.
esecallum

Postby En-Lugal » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:09 pm

I'm always appalled at the list of side-effects they list in the commercial ads for drugs. I'm also confused how they can treat one "illness" with a medication and then six months later it's for another illness instead. Same medication, same side-effects. Like Cymbalta. :wtf:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby at1with0 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:54 pm

The side effects are the funnest part!
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts