The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Guns for an Aussie Passport

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby rath » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:00 am

Apple co-founder and tech icon Steve Wozniak has confirmed over the weekend that his application to become an Australian is now underway.

STEVE Wozniak, who co-founded Apple with the late Steve Jobs, revealed his fondness for Australia and said he hopes to become a citizen.

"I actually like this country and want to become a citizen," he told the Australian Financial Review, saying he was particularly impressed with plans to roll out a national broadband network across the country.

Wozniak, who quit Apple in 1987 after 12 years, told local radio in Brisbane last week that he enjoyed his regular visits to Australia.

"I am... on the way to become an Australian citizen, that's a little known fact," he told station 4BC on Friday after queuing up to buy the new generation iPhone 5.

I intend, you know who knows what will follow through in the next five years, I intend to call myself an Australian and feel an Australian, and study the history and become, you know, as much of a real citizen here as I can."
In the interview with the Financial Review, Wozniak said the national broadband network was one of the reasons he wants to become a citizen.

The ambitious $35.9 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) aims to connect all Australians to superfast Internet by 2021 in a move the government hopes will transform the country's economy.

Wozniak said his home in California was not connected to a broadband service and there was no "political idea" to bring it to everyone in the United States.

"There's only one set of wires to be on and I'm not going to pull strings to get them to do something special for me," he said.

Under the NBN scheme, 93 percent of homes, schools and businesses will be linked by fibre optic while those in more remote regions of the vast nation will receive their service by fixed wireless and satellite technologies.

Mr Wozniak, said key reasons behind his love for Australia were its positive attitude and the education system, which he described as being superior to the US.

"Australia is about the country, the facilities, how it looks, the people, the education level, things like that that I've always admired," he said.

"I think you guys have a lot better schools and education than we do and I hear that directly from my wife, who works for Apple education with a lot of the top schools here in Australia.

"Her opinion is that you put a lot more money into schools than into military, and I go along with that."
rath

Postby rath » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:12 am

lets hope things go better for Steve Wozniak, than they did for that American trash bag, Octomom.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebri ... 21sh6.html
rath

Postby greeney2 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:24 am

To bad you are a Octomom caliber Rath! :lol:
greeney2

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:19 am

That's great! :clap: Hopefully he'll get all of his buddies to move with him. I hope they make it official though and seek permanent residence, renounce their citizenship and never come back. :pray: I highly encourage any and all citizens of this great nation, that think the grass is greener on the other side, to seek citizenship elsewhere and stay there. :)
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby rath » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:37 am

Don't stress En-Lugal.

Australia's not about to let an influx of poor, unemployed & homeless Europeans & American's & Asians & middle eastern refugees just come & live in Australia.

You all made your beds ....... So lie in them.

Australia only accepts people who are willing to make a contribution.

& has no interest in opportunistic country hoppers, who seek to move from one nation to the next as a nations fortunes rise or fall.

Australia needs 829,000 new workers over the next five years.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaki ... 6316470791

US workers to fill Australian skill shortage.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaki ... 6316470791

"There has been a skills shortage in Australia for the part 15 years and we can't get enough apprentices in the system in the short term," he said.

"We also looked at other countries with a good vocational education system," said Mr Tighe, who is also the chairman of the EE-Oz Training Standards Skills Council board, which worked with the government to set the standards for overseas skilled workers.

"There are unemployed skilled workers in European countries such as the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/us-wo ... z282Mb09h3
rath

Postby greeney2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:22 am

That funny, you have nothing but bad things to say about the USA but you can't even build your own projects, and come to ask out workers to build it for you. :oops:
greeney2

Postby rath » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:22 am

greeney2 wrote:That funny, you have nothing but bad things to say about the USA but you can't even build your own projects, and come to ask out workers to build it for you. :oops:

hardly, Australia has been taking Qualified workers from a range of 3erd world nations, ....... Nations like.

Ireland, England, Spain, Greece, The Philippines, China, Japan, Vietnam, Pacific Islands, New Zealand, India, Indonesia, Mexico & the USA. ....... ect ect.

We will take Cheap labour from anywhere. ( The USA is Australia's Mexico )

It's just a fact of life ....

A Skills Australia report earlier this week said Australia would need 2.4 million extra skilled workers in the next four years to meet the demands of the booming Australian Economy.
rath

Postby greeney2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 am

rath wrote:A Skills Australia report earlier this week said Australia would need 2.4 million extra skilled workers in the next four years to meet the demands of the booming Australian Economy.

REad your own writing, which is something else you lack skills in--reading comprehension!

Your skills report concludes you do not have the skills needed. Your skills report concludes you need to hire SKILLED workers over the next 4 years. Do you even know what a SKILLED worker means? Certain job discriptions are considered highly Skilled trades, like electicians, certified inspectors, or certified welders. These are special skills, usually by special tests or licence, and regarded as the higher "Skilled trades", with the highest labor grades in unions, as opposed to regular carpenters, plumbers, or unskilled menial trades.

By your own reports, Austrailian lack the higher skills needed. Seems like you also lack the menial tradespeople as well. Your attitude twards who you are hiring to do what you lack the skills for, only shows your own biased and predjudices, and shall we say racism which you also do not under stand from other subjects here. Funny you have a total lack of understanding of issues like Rape in other countries, Racism in your own, and general attitude twards 3rd world nations. Statements like your Mexico statement only prove it. :oops:
greeney2

Postby rath » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:53 am

greeney2 wrote:
rath wrote:A Skills Australia report earlier this week said Australia would need 2.4 million extra skilled workers in the next four years to meet the demands of the booming Australian Economy.

REad your own writing, which is something else you lack skills in--reading comprehension!

Your skills report concludes you do not have the skills needed. Your skills report concludes you need to hire SKILLED workers over the next 4 years. Do you even know what a SKILLED worker means? Certain job discriptions are considered highly Skilled trades, like electicians, certified inspectors, or certified welders. These are special skills, usually by special tests or licence, and regarded as the higher "Skilled trades", with the highest labor grades in unions, as opposed to regular carpenters, plumbers, or unskilled menial trades.

By your own reports, Austrailian lack the higher skills needed.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

As always, you get it all arse about face .....

It has nothing to do with lack of skills ..... you fool. :oops:

it's about the fact that the trillions of dollars in construction & mining, will not happen unless Australia has an extra 2.4 million workers in the next 4 years.

We have all we need for now ..... but if Australia wants to grow we need more workers ...... we are not building roads, things a country might need right now ...

We are building things a country will need in the next 50 years.

I don't think you get the size & magnitude of the issue here.

Australia is building the worlds largest gas industry,

The Gorgan Project is just one project amongst many many many ......

Watch on youtube.com

There is also the Inpex's Ichthys LNG Project.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhfn_cJyTLU

& The Chevron Wheatstone Project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dITp14tK ... re=related

& that's just 3 projects ( all gas ) in one state of Australia.

The Iron ore mines are much bigger.

http://www.royhill.com.au/

Australia now has a total 456 projects in the construction pipeline with 272 of those already committed and/or under construction, with a combined value of $424b.

Another 184 projects are in the pipeline awaiting Final Investment Decision.

Conservative estimations are that approvals for at least $50-80b worth of additional project value will be announced in the next 12 months.

Of the committed projects, the breakdown by state is:

Western Australia; 89
Northern Territory; 36
Queensland; 123
New South Wales; 94
Victoria/Tasmania; 53
South Australia; 61

http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/news/ ... r-job-seek

Australia's only a country of 22 million people ...... we need to import workers from 3erd world country's.

Like i said we need the workers because without them there isn't the population in Australia to do the projects ....

No foreign labour .... no projects.

It's a simple numbers game.
rath

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Greeney, I don't know why you bother trying to reach this buffoon. He's incapable of humility and must therefore insult the very people filling those jobs. The majority of them are just like this, which is why people hate them more than Americans. :lol: Truth is, Australia is America's little bitch. We say jump, they ask how high. They boast about how superior they are but without the U.S. they would still be wallowing drunk in their own piss in a back alley somewhere and a British Colony. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking at their culture, it's like going back in time. Apparently they just got the episodes for The Dukes of Hazard over there and are enamored with it all. Racist, ignorant hicks one and all. I wonder when they'll adopt the rebel flag as their own? :P
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts