The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Quantum Teleportation Sends Information 143 Kilometers

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby rath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:43 am

En-Lugal wrote:
rath wrote:( unless your just stealing another country's research, & claiming it as your own. You know, in the hope of getting a big fat cash grant from some stupid rich American )


And here is your bias, spelled out quite nicely and proof of At1's suspicion that this is merely a pissing contest for you. You don't actually care about the research as a whole, you just have an axe to grind.


Not true .... im just pointing out the fact.

At1 was the one who posted the topic that boasted about how an American/European team had made & world first ....

i just pointed out that his post was inaccurate.

At1 got all bent out of shape .... Not I.

But to your point .....


yes my view of American & European lies, propaganda & thievery are well known & when i see a post claiming that America or Europe or Asia is claiming Australian breakthroughs as their own .....


Ill call youes on it.

Im not the patriotic drone here ..... you lot are for believing the lies & deceptions your feed & swallowing it .....
Hook line & sinker .


Another example of American lies, propaganda & thievery.

topic7729.html
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:16 am

rath wrote:
En-Lugal wrote:
rath wrote:( unless your just stealing another country's research, & claiming it as your own. You know, in the hope of getting a big fat cash grant from some stupid rich American )


And here is your bias, spelled out quite nicely and proof of At1's suspicion that this is merely a pissing contest for you. You don't actually care about the research as a whole, you just have an axe to grind.


Not true .... im just pointing out the fact.

At1 was the one who posted the topic that boasted about how an American/European team had made & world first ....

i just pointed out that his post was inaccurate.

At1 got all bent out of shape .... Not I.

But to your point .....


yes my view of American & European lies, propaganda & thievery are well known & when i see a post claiming that America or Europe or Asia is claiming Australian breakthroughs as their own .....


Ill call youes on it.

Im not the patriotic drone here ..... you lot are for believing the lies & deceptions your feed & swallowing it .....
Hook line & sinker .


Another example of American lies, propaganda & thievery.

topic7729.html


You tell me my claim that you're biased isn't true and then tell me you hate America and Europe. :clap: This concludes pretty much all of your arguments. When I point out you're wrong, you tell me I'm being lame. When I entered the conversation is irrelevant because I am well caught up. I'd wager I'm light years ahead of you in comprehension on the subject as well. I've read all the articles.

That last piece of "evidence" you linked about America stealing solar cell technologies was just a stupid link to one of your threads and you typing in big letters at the article you listed. Nowhere did you link any proof, you just threw a temper tantrum. You call people names and insult them, that's not an argument and it proves nothing. The only person that's gotten bent out of shape here is you. At that point, you lost which was pretty early in the discussion.

I laid everything out, I went out of my way to make it long-winded too. You still managed to basically regurgitate the same argument anyway. :Doh: Therefore I have to conclude that: (1. you really don't get it, (2. you're stupid, (3. blinded by your emotions (which certainly explains that caps, name calling and arguing in circles) or (4. a troll. Of course there's always the option that you're a complete jackass, which happens to be a bit of all the other options combined. This is the option I'm banking on.



rath wrote:Lame, ....... like i told At1 ..... get an idea as to what the Scientists are trying to do ....

Quoting & relying on a team that 10 years behind from the get go .... is not the best place to get your information.

Do a bit of reading ..... read the work of teams who are way beyond the distance factor an who are working on the more important issues like, the speed of the information, the storage of the information, Quantum computers,
qubits .... ect ect.


Here you almost sound like you know what the hell you're talking about, almost.


rath wrote:hell .... they are sending beams of light still where as the Australian team move on from that 10 years ago & are now working on sending qubit's.


Then here you confirm you don't. What the scientists are doing and what you're saying they're doing don't match up. Maybe you should go back and read it all again. I don't need to and I'm not going to. I'm also not going to continue to argue with someone so biased and emotional that simple logic and reading comprehension escapes them.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Postby rath » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:36 pm

En-Lugal wrote:You tell me my claim that you're biased isn't true and then tell me you hate America and Europe. :clap: This concludes pretty much all of your arguments. When I point out you're wrong, you tell me I'm being lame. When I entered the conversation is irrelevant because I am well caught up. I'd wager I'm light years ahead of you in comprehension on the subject as well. I've read all the articles.

That last piece of "evidence" you linked about America stealing solar cell technologies was just a stupid link to one of your threads and you typing in big letters at the article you listed. Nowhere did you link any proof, you just threw a temper tantrum. You call people names and insult them, that's not an argument and it proves nothing. The only person that's gotten bent out of shape here is you. At that point, you lost which was pretty early in the discussion.

I laid everything out, I went out of my way to make it long-winded too. You still managed to basically regurgitate the same argument anyway. :Doh: Therefore I have to conclude that: (1. you really don't get it, (2. you're stupid, (3. blinded by your emotions (which certainly explains that caps, name calling and arguing in circles) or (4. a troll. Of course there's always the option that you're a complete jackass, which happens to be a bit of all the other options combined. This is the option I'm banking on.


En-Lugal wrote:
rath wrote:Lame, ....... like i told At1 ..... get an idea as to what the Scientists are trying to do ....

Quoting & relying on a team that 10 years behind from the get go .... is not the best place to get your information.

Do a bit of reading ..... read the work of teams who are way beyond the distance factor an who are working on the more important issues like, the speed of the information, the storage of the information, Quantum computers,
qubits .... ect ect.


Here you almost sound like you know what the hell you're talking about, almost.


rath wrote:hell .... they are sending beams of light still where as the Australian team move on from that 10 years ago & are now working on sending qubit's.


Then here you confirm you don't. What the scientists are doing and what you're saying they're doing don't match up. Maybe you should go back and read it all again. I don't need to and I'm not going to. I'm also not going to continue to argue with someone so biased and emotional that simple logic and reading comprehension escapes them.


En-Lugal Your entire post is a bad attempt at trying to make a cognitive argument, but it is clear you are way out of your depth.

You get your facts wrong, your arguments are inaccurate, & your assumptions are those of somebody who claims to have read the posts/articles/science, but it is clear ........ you have not.

rath wrote:hell .... they are sending beams of light still where as the Australian team move on from that 10 years ago & are now working on sending qubit's.


En-Lugal wrote:Then here you confirm you don't. What the scientists are doing and what you're saying they're doing don't match up. Maybe you should go back and read it all again. I don't need to and I'm not going to. I'm also not going to continue to argue with someone so biased and emotional that simple logic and reading comprehension escapes them.


If you had read the articles & links.

Articles & links I provided, in-order to add some fact & commonsense to this totally ridiculous & inaccurate thread.

Scientists teleport Schrodinger's cat
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-04-15/s ... at/2614780.

The research appears today in the journal Science.

Professor Elanor Huntington, of the School of Engineering and Information Technology at UNSW's


Australian engineers write quantum computer 'qubit' in global breakthrough.

AUSTRALIAN researchers say the world's first quantum computer is just 5 to10 years away, after announcing a global breakthrough that makes manufacture of its memory building blocks possible.

A research team led by Australian engineers has created the first working "quantum bit" based on a single atom in silicon, invoking the same technological platform that forms the building blocks of modern day computers, laptops and phones.

Andrea Morello, program manager at the Centre for Quantum Computing and Communication Technology at the University of New South Wales, said just three hundred quantum bits, or "qubits" were capable of storing a number greater than the number of particles in the universe.

In a landmark paper published today in the journal Nature, the research team describes how it was able to both read and write information using the spin, or magnetic orientation, of an electron bound to a single phosphorus atom which was implanted next to a specially-designed silicon transistor. (Video)

Dr Morello and Andrew Dzurak from the UNSW School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications lead the research team which includes researchers from the University of Melbourne.

Scientists teleport Schrodinger's cat

PLUS

Australian engineers write quantum computer 'qubit' in global breakthrough.

It's the same team, stupid ....... UNSW ..... University of New South Wales.

Clearly you didn't read anything, & your just pretending to. ( like AT1 )


En-Lugal wrote:I'd wager I'm light years ahead of you in comprehension on the subject as well. I've read all the articles.


HAHA, i just proved once again that's not true ...

Is it now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell you didn't even address the science in my post.

The European/American team still playing around with out dated technology & science ....... While the Australian teams have long since moved on inventing quantum computers & qubits & working on sending larger objects such as atoms, allowing larger objects which contain grater amounts of information to be sent..


& you still have not dealt with your claim, that distance is a factor in any of this.

If your both a 0 & a 1 at the same time & if your in both locations at the same time yet also in neither location at anytime.

Yhe ..... distance is the area you wanna be working on here ..... :oops: & that's why the European / American team are light years behind the Australian team.

En-Lugal wrote:I laid everything out, I went out of my way to make it long-winded too. You still managed to basically regurgitate the same argument anyway. :Doh: Therefore I have to conclude that: (1. you really don't get it, (2. you're stupid, (3. blinded by your emotions (which certainly explains that caps, name calling and arguing in circles) or (4. a troll. Of course there's always the option that you're a complete jackass, which happens to be a bit of all the other options combined. This is the option I'm banking on.


Nice try ..... you can try an divert the topic again & again by calling people names & crying about the topic all you like ....... but it does not work, people can see right through your attempt to cover up your lack of knowledge on the subject & they see you for what you are ........ A hack.



En-Lugal wrote:
Another example of American lies, propaganda & thievery.

topic7729.html



En-Lugal wrote:That last piece of "evidence" you linked about America stealing solar cell technologies was just a stupid link to one of your threads and you typing in big letters at the article you listed. Nowhere did you link any proof, you just threw a temper tantrum. You call people names and insult them, that's not an argument and it proves nothing. The only person that's gotten bent out of shape here is you. At that point, you lost which was pretty early in the discussion.


What .... you still can't go and find the facts / source for yourself .....

Still need me to hold your hand & post the facts / links / article for you .... really.


:oops: :oops: :oops:
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:42 am

A research team led by Australian engineers has created the first working "quantum bit" based on a single atom in silicon, invoking the same technological platform that forms the building blocks of modern day computers, laptops and phones.

Andrea Morello, program manager at the Centre for Quantum Computing and Communication Technology at the University of New South Wales, said just three hundred quantum bits, or "qubits" were capable of storing a number greater than the number of particles in the universe.

In a landmark paper published today in the journal Nature, the research team describes how it was able to both read and write information using the spin, or magnetic orientation, of an electron bound to a single phosphorus atom which was implanted next to a specially-designed silicon transistor. (Video)

Dr Morello and Andrew Dzurak from the UNSW School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications lead the research team which includes researchers from the University of Melbourne.


They made a hard-drive. :clap:

The European/American team still playing around with out dated technology & science ....... While the Australian teams have long since moved on inventing quantum computers & qubits & working on sending larger objects such as atoms, allowing larger objects which contain grater amounts of information to be sent..


What the Australian Team is working on now is irrelevant and has zero impact on the original article At1 posted. The American Team sent the information farther unless you can produce proof that they didn't. You can't, so instead you seek to discredit their work by comparing it to other parts of the field. Distance may be irrelevant to what the Australian Team is doing right now but at some point in the future they are going to have to either use existing communications technology to get the information beyond their quantum computers or invent something faster.

Take modern or even older machines for example. The information on them was stored on the HDD or another medium like floppy, flash-drive, CD, DVD, etc. Information couldn't be shared any other way before the modem was invented. In essence, that is what the American Team is working on. The Australian Team are working on the components for the quantum computer. They've discovered how to store and read data at the qubit level, that's exciting. (In the real world that translates to: average consumers won't be able to afford it for many years to come :lol: )

From the link you provided:

"[Being able to transfer data packets] is a necessary thing to do in order to build a proper quantum computer or a quantum communications device," she said.


What the two teams are doing are separate yet you're comparing them anyway. I understand perfectly what's happening here and I recognize your distasteful, dishonest, biased "debating" style for what it is. However, no amount of name calling and insinuation that I or anyone else don't know what we're talking about will detract from the facts here. The American Team sent the information further and were recognized for it in the scientific community. You first tried to deny it, then when you couldn't you decided to launch your apples vs rocket engines argument. It won't work because common sense trumps it.

Australian engineers write quantum computer 'qubit' in global breakthrough.

AUSTRALIAN researchers say the world's first quantum computer is just 5 to10 years away, after announcing a global breakthrough that makes manufacture of its memory building blocks possible.

A research team led by Australian engineers has created the first working "quantum bit" based on a single atom in silicon, invoking the same technological platform that forms the building blocks of modern day computers, laptops and phones.

Andrea Morello, program manager at the Centre for Quantum Computing and Communication Technology at the University of New South Wales, said just three hundred quantum bits, or "qubits" were capable of storing a number greater than the number of particles in the universe.

In a landmark paper published today in the journal Nature, the research team describes how it was able to both read and write information using the spin, or magnetic orientation, of an electron bound to a single phosphorus atom which was implanted next to a specially-designed silicon transistor. (Video)

Dr Morello and Andrew Dzurak from the UNSW School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications lead the research team which includes researchers from the University of Melbourne.

Scientists teleport Schrodinger's cat

PLUS

Australian engineers write quantum computer 'qubit' in global breakthrough.

It's the same team, stupid ....... UNSW ..... University of New South Wales.


I present a clear and concise argument and counter-argument and this is what I get in return. Yes, we all know what a wonderful copy/paste warrior you are. None of this information is relevant to the original thread. All it proves is that the 2002 and 2011 are the same team. We already knew that, by the way. Pointing to this information and calling me stupid didn't prove anything. I and everyone else already knew they were the same team. This is more of that emotional biased arguing you do. It detracts from the real facts. Are you really this dense or is this purposefully done as I suspect?

En-Lugal wrote:You keep saying that but it doesn't make it true. After all, the information getting from point A to point B is relevant as it is the whole point, to communicate over distances.




rath wrote:Then don't take my word for it .... go an read ... learn .... get an idea.

teleportation is the ability to essentially move one object from one place to another without traversing the space in between. But as Forbes explains, the actual object is not moving from point A to point B. Rather, the distant photon mirrors the information contained by the original photon, essentially becoming an identical twin.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/15/bea ... z27CP9aXpb


Since you love to copy/paste and argue that distance is irrelevant, I find it intriguing that you linked this article. You managed to leave out the damning part that proves distance is, in fact, quite relevant. :lol:

From the article you linked:

The team’s greatest contribution is not necessarily the distance it made the data travel but the method it used to harness the 1.3-watt laser beam that carries it. The longer a beam of light travels, the more it spreads out, causing the photon to lose information and trail off course. To keep the beam on target, the researchers created a technique that focuses and steers the laser. Though beaming up humans and animals à la Star Trek is not on the agenda anytime soon, as the technology becomes more sophisticated, it will likely be applied to military communication.


This is what makes your whole asinine argument disintegrate, right here. The method to deliver the quantum information is via a laser. Distance is relevant as the further away the receiver, the more focused the beam has to be in order to receive anything intelligible on the other side.

Same article, just for fun:

As Technology Review notes, “these guys clearly have their eye on the possibility of satellite-based quantum cryptography, which would provide ultra-secure communications around the world.” Experts say this all-but-unbreakable code would be a perfect way to transmit classified information such as military directives or codes.


And from the 2012 article, I believe you already have the link? :P

Teleportation across 143 kilometres is a crucial milestone in this research, since that is roughly the minimum distance between the ground and orbiting satellites.' It is the hope of the research team that this experiment will lead to commercial use of quantum teleportation to interact with satellites and ground stations.


Tada! See, I too can copy/paste. The difference? I understand what the hell I'm linking and reading. It's called reading comprehension. Check and mate. :boohoo:
Last edited by En-Lugal on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Postby greeney2 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 am

Are you expecting Rath to shut up and any point soon? :lol: Havn't you herd, the USA stole all of Austrailia inventions, and they won WW2 singlehandedly. :lol: He wishes he was more like Joker, who is a real Austrailian. :thumbup:
greeney2
 
Posts: 9590
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby at1with0 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:57 am

greeney2 wrote:Are you expecting Rath to shut up and any point soon? :lol: Havn't you herd, the USA stole all of Austrailia inventions, and they won WW2 singlehandedly. :lol: He wishes he was more like Joker, who is a real Austrailian. :thumbup:


LOL
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby greeney2 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:07 am

Remember how Rath whinned over the Olympics, and blamed turncoat coachs for all their losses? Beach Volleyball, just herd this morning, gold medalist Walsh and Jennings, Walsh didn't know she was 5 weeks pregnant during the games. Aussies couldn't even place against a pregnant USA team. :lol: :lol: :lol: If is isn't Japanese whalers, or tricking Assange into raping some girls, what else is he going to bellyache about next? :lol: Why do Austrialians all march so funny anyways, maybe that affects the Olympics too?
greeney2
 
Posts: 9590
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 am

Not really but I'm having fun exposing him for the jackass he is.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Postby at1with0 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 am

143>0
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby rath » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:29 am

En-Lugal wrote:Not really but I'm having fun exposing him for the jackass he is.


& your technique is so effective ........ :lol:

You fail to grasp the science, you confuse the facts, & you miss quote / miss plagiarizer the links.

If that's how you intend to expose me as a Jackass, ...... it's no wonder you cant grasp the science involved here.

:oops:
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests