The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Quantum Teleportation Sends Information 143 Kilometers

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:25 am

Give Rath credit, the Australians invented the concept of 4 wheel on a car. It only took them 1 year to invent it, but another 20 years to figure out 2 go on the front and 2 go on the back. :lol: Did you hear Austrailia won a gold medal in the Olympics, along with Silver and Bronze in the same event. A little known sport called "Whinning". :lol: :lol: :lol: This year they lost however becasue the Coach is a fugitive, now hiding in a Embassy, never herd of the guy. :lol:
greeney2
 
Posts: 9632
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:28 am

Some 40 labs around the world are currently trying to teleport a laser beam after pioneering work in 1998 at the California Institute of Technology showed it should be possible.


From the 2002 article. Going by rath's reasoning, the 2002 team stole the credit for an earlier teams work to get grants and are fat, rich Australians. :lol: You and I know better than to say that. We see that the 2002 team merely demonstrated that the 1998 teams proposal was correct and that it was indeed possible. That they were the first to prove it and thus received the credit.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:33 am

This thread is the worst news article thread EVER.

THanks, rtah
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby rath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:19 am

at1with0 wrote:I'll let the reader be the judge as to whether or not the team in 2012 did anything significantly different from the 2002 team.

2012
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/09/06 ... eedfetcher


2002
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2049048.stm


By all means let them ..... but do us a favour next time and post all the facts ..... :oops:

rath wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2049048.stm

Your telling me that over ten years has past and they are still doing the same experiment.

no wonder mankind is doomed.


australian-breakthrough-brings-quantum-computing-closer-t7946.html

Plus

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-04-15/s ... at/2614780

Plus

australian-breakthrough-brings-quantum-computing-closer-t7946.html


Verses


at1with0 wrote:An important breakthrough? Apparently sending information 2 meters is as important as 143 km. :lol:





like i said .... distance is irrelevant ..... Why?


because that is not what the race is about.

know-body is trying to send information further than everybody else. ( just the lame arse team in your post )

As i said .... None of you know what the hell your talking about.

For all your mumbo jumbo.

youes don't even know what the issues are & what the science is trying to achieve.

Yes distance is a factor as i said back on page 1 or 2, but it is ireelivan as far as the current research goes, because it has ready been delt with ....


the rest of the world has moved on.

trying to make the transmission rate faster, & better.

by trying to find better ways to store the information & much much more of it.


that's why i posted the news about the Australian quantum computer .... This allows more information to be stored & sent.

australian-breakthrough-brings-quantum-computing-closer-t7946.html

Andrea Morello, program manager at the Centre for Quantum Computing and Communication Technology at the University of New South Wales, said just three hundred quantum bits, or "qubits" were capable of storing a number greater than the number of particles in the universe.

In a landmark paper published today in the journal Nature, the research team describes how it was able to both read and write information using the spin, or magnetic orientation, of an electron bound to a single phosphorus atom which was implanted next to a specially-designed silicon transistor.



At-least get an understanding of what the scientist are trying to do before you try an argue a point.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:08 am

En-Lugal wrote:Then why is it being called quantum "teleportation"? I guess it's just a metaphor and the entire experiment can be passed off as nonsense then?


Lame, ....... like i told At1 ..... get an idea as to what the Scientists are trying to do ....

Quoting & relying on a team that 10 years behind from the get go .... is not the best place to get your information.

Do a bit of reading ..... read the work of teams who are way beyond the distance factor an who are working on the more important issues like, the speed of the information, the storage of the information, Quantum computers,
qubits .... ect ect.


En-Lugal wrote:The important fact in that experiment was that that particular team replicated the information that made up the beam of light a short distance away, demonstrating it could be done. This was a test of a prototype for the technology.


Agreed .... and iv never said otherwise. Im just putting into perspective how unimportant this teams contribution to a field that has already moved well beyond them.

hell .... they are sending beams of light still where as the Australian team move on from that 10 years ago & are now working on sending qubit's.

[quote=rath]the distance traveled is defined by the technology .......... & the technology has not changed since the Australian researches first achieved this over ten years ago.
[/quote]


En-Lugal wrote:Care to backup that statement with verifiable proof? I doubt you can considering that technology has seen considerable improvements in this field. Are they not predicting quantum computers in the near future thanks to advances in the technology?


Already did.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-04-15/t ... ty/2614784

australian-breakthrough-brings-quantum-computing-closer-t7946.html

The quantum computer is both faster, & smaller ...... ergo more likely to fit inside said satellites.

rath wrote:Like i said ..... Distance is irrelevant.


=================


En-Lugal wrote:You keep saying that but it doesn't make it true. After all, the information getting from point A to point B is relevant as it is the whole point, to communicate over distances.


Then don't take my word for it .... go an read ... learn .... get an idea.

teleportation is the ability to essentially move one object from one place to another without traversing the space in between. But as Forbes explains, the actual object is not moving from point A to point B. Rather, the distant photon mirrors the information contained by the original photon, essentially becoming an identical twin.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/15/bea ... z27CP9aXpb[/quote]


A. catch up

B. put the comment in perspective

c. your lack of involvement from the start, is why you don't understand what iv been saying all along.
(( way to join in half way through the topic ))

Im not saying distance isn't an important factor in the overall subject.

Im saying ...... in this case & most the recent examples .... it does not mean jack.

1. just because they sent outdated information, ( a photon ) using outdated technology, 40km or 20 miles further than the Chinese team did.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/15/bea ... on-record/

(( is irrelevant to what is being done in the filed today. ))

Current technology & science is using different technology & sending different information .... & that is what will eventually take distance out of the equation.

(( Quantum computer ..... Qubits )) .... ect ect
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:12 am

at1with0 wrote:This thread is the worst news article thread EVER.

THanks, rtah


it was already .... before i came along.

Thanks to you.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:23 am

En-Lugal wrote:
rath wrote:E.g like a car or phone ..... distance will always improve, but has no bearing on the technology at hand.


The automobile isn't "reinvented" every year, it's the same basic principle as the original design. What changes is how efficiently it continues to serve it's purpose, mileage and safety for example.



That's my point, ( cheers for agreeing ) just because i drive a car does not mean i invented it.

& Just because i light a match .... does not mean i re-invent fire everyday.

just like ...... The Scientists in At1's post By doing something that has already been done a thousand times before.
Has also done nothing new or significant. ( they took a few extra steps ) made the distance a little wider
( 20 miles or 40 KM ) well La De Da ...... ( so whats the big deal )

Like i said already not only is this no big deal, but they did it using old technology & outdated science ( photons ) :roll:
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:25 am

at1with0 wrote:
En-Lugal wrote:Distance improves because the technology improves. Like upgrading from 3G to 4G, etc. You don't always have to invent a new delivery system or network, often a few lines of code or software will improve existing technology. Meaning they don't have to take down and install new towers when a breakthrough in technology is discovered. The automobile isn't "reinvented" every year, it's the same basic principle as the original design. What changes is how efficiently it continues to serve it's purpose, mileage and safety for example.


Well, according to Rath, every car manufacturer is plagiarizing the use of 4 wheels.


So by that definition .......... Your claiming that EVERY car manufacturer can claim to have invented the Car & the Wheel.

That's just stupid. :oops:
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:26 am

greeney2 wrote:Give Rath credit, the Australians invented the concept of 4 wheel on a car. It only took them 1 year to invent it, but another 20 years to figure out 2 go on the front and 2 go on the back. :lol: Did you hear Austrailia won a gold medal in the Olympics, along with Silver and Bronze in the same event. A little known sport called "Whinning". :lol: :lol: :lol: This year they lost however becasue the Coach is a fugitive, now hiding in a Embassy, never herd of the guy. :lol:



:roll: :roll: :roll:

Good Contribution Greeny2 ...... By far one of your best.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:30 am

En-Lugal wrote:
Some 40 labs around the world are currently trying to teleport a laser beam after pioneering work in 1998 at the California Institute of Technology showed it should be possible.


From the 2002 article. Going by rath's reasoning, the 2002 team stole the credit for an earlier teams work to get grants and are fat, rich Australians. :lol: You and I know better than to say that. We see that the 2002 team merely demonstrated that the 1998 teams proposal was correct and that it was indeed possible. That they were the first to prove it and thus received the credit.



Again your point is Lame.

The Australian team was the first to turn a purely theoretical idea into a practical one.

the European / American team just replicated & re-confirmed that the Australian team was right.

The Australian team created & invented the technology ( they did something new & advanced the science )

The European / American team .... did no such thing.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests