The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Quantum Teleportation Sends Information 143 Kilometers

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby rath » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:42 pm

at1with0 wrote:America..........Another thing that isn't a panacea.


Mate .... the teams were made up of Germans & Canadians, amongst others.

Did you not even read the article.

Germans ( Europeans ) & Canadians ( Americans ) ........ Canada still is part of North America.
( you do know that right )
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 pm

at1with0 wrote:
greeney2 wrote:All the big print, and yelling at him, no wonder you can't get along with anyone.


YOU ARE CORRECT, BIG PRINT AND CALL CAPS DO NOT A PERSUASIVE ARGUMENT MAKE BETTER WATCH IT GREENEY RATH IS GONNA BIG PRINT AND COLOR AT YOU NOW

Rath seems to be Australia-centered and all facts must support the superiority of Australia. Therefore, he has decided that the Australian team from 2002 has NOT been improved upon by the American team in 2012. The difference is if you read Rath's article, it says they sent information (not light) a "short distance," whereas in the recent team's work, they sent information 143 km which is, so the article says, enough to reach a satellite.

Being able to reach a satellite basically is really close to being able to send it anywhere in the world using multiple satellites networked together. So I can send information to China by bouncing it off a satellite or two within the 143 km range.



Again .... you keep going on & on & on & on about how this team sent the info quantum information over a distance of 143 kilometers ( 88 miles ) & has that is a longer distance than the Original Australian team did.

& like i said in the beginning .... SO.

rath wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2049048.stm

Your telling me that over ten years has past and they are still doing the same experiment.

no wonder mankind is doomed.


To which you claimed

at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2049048.stm

Your telling me that over ten years has past and they are still doing the same experiment.

no wonder mankind is doomed.


From your link:
Scientists at the Australian National University (ANU) made a beam of light disappear in one place and reappear in another a short distance away.


I'd say 143 km is an improvement.



& i said

rath wrote:
at1with0 wrote:I'd say 143 km is an improvement.


barley .......... as the distance is neither here nor there.

they aren't sending an object over a longer distance. they are just doing the same experiment an creating a photocopy or fax from further away.


Thus in the same way, if i send a fax or e-mail from new york to Washington.

& then somebody else sends a fax or e-mail from new york to Sydney, by sending there e-mail or fax further then mine has no net effect on the technology used.

It's the same process regardless of distance.

ergo, it's the same research, & the 'Teleportation across 143 kilometers means nothing ...... as they have improved the technology nill ....

if you make a phone call to somebody across the road, or to somebody on the other side of the world.
It Changes not the process nor the technology.

Distance is irrelevant.

The Australian team, who were the first in the world to achieve quantum teleportation over ten years ago
showed back then that the same process can be used over a greater distance so the new test at 143 kilometers means little.

& will mean even less if another team replicates the Australian research over a longer distance ....... say 144 kilometers. :roll:



rath wrote:
at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:Distance is irrelevant.


:lol:


Well i see your knowledge on this subject is some what limited.

So by all means, do pray-tell.

How does distance make a difference here, when neither team ........... Actually teleported anything at all.
( the Australian team in a world first over 10 years ago ) nor the team in your post who just replicated the Australian research,

they just made a copy of an object in one place be recreated in another.
Fax machines have been doing the same thing for decades, & e-mail & text message does much the same thing today.

The Australian team was just the first to do it with light, & that was the important fact ..... & not the distance involved.

Being able to send encoded parcels of light to secure important information.

Hell ...... they even used this research as a bases of the ring technology in the show Stargate.


Your reply

at1with0 wrote:They did not send a beam of light. Did you not read the article I linked to? They sent information. It says they didn't send a photon in the second or third sentence. That would violate the speed of light barrier and would be HUGE news; they didn't send photons.

I don't think we're even playing the same sport here if you don't think distance matters. That's like saying the size of a transistor doesn't matter.

:silent:


All wrong by the way.

I replied.

rath wrote:
at1with0 wrote:They did not send a beam of light. Did you not read the article I linked to? They sent information. It says they didn't send a photon in the second or third sentence. That would violate the speed of light barrier and would be HUGE news; they didn't send photons.

I don't think we're even playing the same sport here


No i don't this we are playing the same sport.

im playing contact sport & your playing tiddly winks.

The information they sent, is the same information the original team, the Australian team sent over ten years ago. ..... catch up son.


Monday, 17 June, 2002,
Australian teleport breakthrough
Lab, ANU


By Dr David Whitehouse
BBC News Online science editor
It is a long way from Star Trek, but teleportation - the disembodiment of an object in one location and its reconstruction in another - has been successfully carried out in a physics lab in Australia.

Scientists at the Australian National University (ANU) made a beam of light disappear in one place and reappear in another a short distance away.

The achievement confirms that in theory teleportation is possible, at least for sub-atomic particles; whether it can be done for larger systems, such as atoms, remains to be seen.

The more likely applications will come in telecommunications, enabling much faster transfer of data and the use of encryption that can never be broken.

Will we ever be able to teleport humans?

Teleportation has been one of the hottest topics among physicists working in quantum mechanics - the study of the fundamental structure of matter.


'Spooky interaction'

The Australian researchers have exploited a phenomenon called "quantum entanglement", which links the properties of two photons of light created at the same time. Einstein called it a "spooky interaction".

What it means is that two photons can be created and sent to different places. It is possible to force one photon into a specific quantum mechanical state and, because the two photons are connected in some way, the other photon will instantaneously take up a complementary state.


At first sight, entanglement offers the prospect of sending a signal faster than the speed of light. But a closer look at what is actually possible shows that this will not work because of the limits of what can be known about quantum mechanical systems and how such information is relayed.

But it may offer the prospect of a Star Trek-style transporter.

'Exciting applications'

Using quantum entanglement, ANU physicist Ping Koy Lam has disassembled laser light at one end of an optical communications system and recreated a replica just a metre away.

An encoded signal is embedded in an input stream of photons, which is entangled with another beam.

Elsewhere in the lab, the beam of photons and the associated signal is reconstituted.

[/color]
"What we have demonstrated here is that we can take billions of photons, destroy them simultaneously, and then recreate them in another place," Dr Lam says.

"The applications of teleportation for computers and communications over the next decade are very exciting," he adds.

Body movement

Quantum teleportation could make encrypted or coded information 100% secure, Dr Lam said, because even if intercepted the message would be unintelligible unless it was intended for a specific recipient.


Quantum teleporting is problematic for humans because the original is destroyed in the process of creating the replica.




Quantum Teleportation Sends Information 143 Kilometers
Posted by timothy on Thursday September 06, @09:28AM
from the like-a-coal-mine-in-the-canaries dept.
SchrodingerZ writes "Scientists from around the world have collaborated to achieve quantum teleportation over 143 kilometers in free space. Quantum information was sent between the Canary Islands of La Palma and Tenerife. Quantum teleportation is not how it is made out in Star Trek, though. Instead of sending an object (in this case a photon) from one location to another; the information of its quantum state is sent, making a photon on the other end look identical to the original. 'Teleportation across 143 kilometres is a crucial milestone in this research, since that is roughly the minimum distance between the ground and orbiting satellites.' It is the hope of the research team that this experiment will lead to commercial use of quantum teleportation to interact with satellites and ground stations. This will increase the efficiency of satellite communication and help with the expansion of quantum internet usage. The full paper on the experiment can be found [note: abstract only, full article paywalled] in the journal Nature."




It's the god dam iformation that forms the beam of light that both teams have sent.



They sent the information that makes the beam of light from one place to another, thus ......


They recreated the light in another location by sending it's quantum makeup ( the information ).

holly Moses.

were playing a different sport alright son.



& you claim his math background makes him a genius greeny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rath wrote:The fist team in the world to teleport information was the Australian team in 2002.


here is some more from later years .......

Scientists teleport Schrodinger's cat

Fri Apr 15, 2011

Researchers from Australia and Japan have successfully teleported wave packets of light, potentially revolutionising quantum communications and computing.

The team, led by researchers at the University of Tokyo, say this is the first-ever teleportation, or transfer, of a particular complex set of quantum information from one point to another.

They say it will make possible high-speed, high-fidelity transmission of large volumes of information, such as quantum encryption keys, via communications networks.

The research appears today in the journal Science.


"[Being able to transfer data packets] is a necessary thing to do in order to build a proper quantum computer or a quantum communications device," she said.


LINK:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-04-15/s ... at/2614780



& you skipped over your obvious stupidity & ridiculous claim & brought the conversation back to this again.


at1with0 wrote:An important breakthrough? Apparently sending information 2 meters is as important as 143 km. :lol:


:oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by rath on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby greeney2 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Is that anyway to act just because you don't understand At1's clear explanation Rath? :oops:
greeney2
 
Posts: 9574
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:57 am

greeney2 wrote:Is that anyway to act just because you don't understand At1's clear explanation Rath? :oops:


What clear explanation .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he is about as knowledgeable on this subject as you are on the julian Assange issue.

& you both have the same problem ...... OCD

You both get fixated on one issue & fail to show an understanding of the facts ... instead just repeating the same misinformation over & over & over again & again & again.

Hopping that it will look like you know what your on about ....

problem is ..... it's not working & it makes you both look the fool.

But by all mean ..... keep it up as it means i need not do anything to prove you both lake the understanding to put forth a cognitive & comprehensive argument, based on the facts.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 am

greeney2 wrote:Is that anyway to act just because you don't understand At1's clear explanation Rath? :oops:


Lets see it then ....


By all means feel free to show me where he makes this clear explanation ...

Go on ..... go right ahead.

:lol:
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 am

greeney2 wrote:Is that anyway to act just because you don't understand At1's clear explanation Rath? :oops:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

his explanation ......... were.

rath wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2049048.stm

Your telling me that over ten years has past and they are still doing the same experiment.


At1 gave no reply


at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:Distance is irrelevant.


:lol:


rath wrote:Well i see your knowledge on this subject is some what limited.

So by all means, do pray-tell.

How does distance make a difference here, when neither team ........... Actually teleported anything at all.
( the Australian team in a world first over 10 years ago ) nor the team in your post who just replicated the Australian research,

they just made a copy of an object in one place be recreated in another.
Fax machines have been doing the same thing for decades, & e-mail & text message does much the same thing today.

The Australian team was just the first to do it with light, & that was the important fact ..... & not the distance involved.

Being able to send encoded parcels of light to secure important information.

Hell ...... they even used this research as a bases of the ring technology in the show Stargate.



He could not explain .... instead he just skipped over his lack of knowledge, & ignored the question.

rath wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Information was sent. The information has to at least reach satellite range to be practical. So whether the information was sent "a short distance" or was sent 143 km, there is a huge difference in terms of its practicality.



Yes .... So.

Your assumption is based on the fact you assume that they could not send the info, in this case a beam of light further than they did.

That assumption is wrong.

the distance traveled is defined by the technology .......... & the technology has not changed since the Australian researches first achieved this over ten years ago.

like i said already.

Your assumption that the Australian team ( could not ) rather than did not send the beam of light any further than they did, is wrong.

Just as your assumption that the new team who have merely replicated the Australian research, could not have sent their beam of light much further than 143 kilometers.

Show me what you think ... limits our/their ability to send a beam of light further then 143 kilometers ....... :roll:

What makes you think 143 kilometers is the maximum the technology allows.


keeping in mind they aren't actually sending anything ... anywhere.


Like i said ..... Distance is irrelevant.

( unless your just stealing another country's research, & claiming it as your own. You know, in the hope of getting a big fat cash grant from some stupid rich American )


rath wrote:What makes you think 143 kilometers is the maximum the technology allows.


rath wrote:Show me what you think ... limits our/their ability to send a beam of light further then 143 kilometers .......



Again At1 gave no reply to the question .... due to his inability & lack of understanding on the subject or it's history.


rather then give an accurate answer at1 just choose to once again ignore the question & the facts & showed he is unable to answer the questions & address the facts.

Infact ........ all at1 could come up with as his answer was ....


at1with0 wrote:They did not send a beam of light. Did you not read the article I linked to? They sent information. It says they didn't send a photon in the second or third sentence.


So as it turns out ..... Not only does At1 have no idea what he is talking about .... not only did he prove he has not one single iota of an understanding on this subject.

but it turns out that he can't even read.

I mean Common ....... to get the facts in your own post wrong .... OMG. (( Catch Up ))



rath wrote:
at1with0 wrote:An important breakthrough? Apparently sending information 2 meters is as important as 143 km. :lol:


you go on about that, but like i keep saying .....

show me what they have done that improves the science here.



& Once again At1 was unqualified & unable to give an answer.

& Once again At1 Didn't give a reply, but once more choose to ignore the question, & thus confirming his own Ignorance on the subject.


rath wrote:like i said already.

Distance means nothing.

a. show me how distance changes the original ( Australian ) research.

b. show me how you can prove that just because the Australian team didn't sent their Info/beam of light further than they did ...... that some how you think that means that they couldn't send the info further than they did.

& lets not pass over the fact that you wrongly claimed that the American teams research, was a vast improvement on the Australian research because they sent information where as the Australian team only sent light.



Again he gave no response to the question as he is unable to.


rath wrote:Like i said, show me your research paper that explains that because the Australian team only sent the information they sent, just a few meters, that it also means that they could not or did not send the information further.

Also you need to show how the science has changed to allow the American team sent their information further then the Australian team.

& you will also need to prove that anybody who seeks to do this research in the future will need to invent a new method of delivery if they wish to send any information further than 143km.

& then show what changes they had to make & what new inventions they had to create, that were different from that of the Original Australian team.


& once again At1 was unable to understand the science, & unable to give a reply to the questions.


rath wrote:But first

you still need to explain what the American/European team did different from the Australian team.

& how it was different.

& until you can do that. ........ ( Which you thus far have failed to do. )
:lol:



& once again At1 was unable to understand the science, & unable to give a reply to the questions.

& again At1 repeated the same old tired line over & over & over again & again & again.


at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:
you still need to explain what the American team did different from the Australian team.


Um, as the articles state, the American team sent information 143 km and the Australian team sent information a short distance. :crazy:



To which i replied.

rath wrote:You make yourself look more & more silly with every post you make at1withzero. & you are really living up to your name son.


Again distance means nothing.


at1with0 wrote:Um, as the articles state, the American team sent information 143 km and the Australian team sent information a short distance. :crazy:



repeating the most basic of facts yet again ..... really.

rath wrote:A. the technology the Australian team invented & used to sent the Info / beam of light a few meters ...... is the same technology the American team used to send their info/beam of light 143km.

like i said ..... YOU show me, what it is you think makes the American teams attempt to copy the Australian team .... any different from what the Australian team did in 2002.

B.

you keep going on about the Australian team only sending the info/beam of light a few meters in 2002.

But you keep ignoring the Australian / Japanese attempt in 2011, & thu ingnoring the fact that the 2011 attemp sent the info/beam of light further then the 2002 attempt.

Q. .... how far is it to Japan from Australia.

your 143KM still means nothing.


You go on about how 143km is the distance to satellites ........ SO

Distance means Nothing.


You still need to show, how the American team ( this month 2012 ) improved the technology so it would allow them to send the information / beam of light further than the Australian team.

&

You need to show how distance is relevant at all .....

& YOU CAN'T

because the American team didn't do anything new, they just copied Australia ( Again ) ....


like i said before, already ..... Just because the Australian team back in 2002 only sent the quantum information / beam of light a few meters at the time.

Does not mean they could not have sent it further than they did.

Ergo the Australian / Japanese attempt back in 2011.


So until you can explain the holes in your statements, you will just continue to look silly.



We are all still waiting At1 ... feel free to ( try ) & plug the massive holes in your argument there son.
Explain how distance has any bearing on the science here at all. Distance is a by product of the technology, just as i have explained before.

E.g like a car or phone ..... distance will always improve, but has no bearing on the technology at hand.

but by all means you try an make your case & feel free to answer any or all of the questions put to you thus far
(( if you think you can ))

rath wrote:Re: Quantum Teleportation Sends Information 143 Kilometers

Postby rath » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:28 pm

at1with0 wrote:

rath wrote:
you still need to explain what the American team did different from the Australian team.



Um, as the articles state, the American team sent information 143 km and the Australian team sent information a short distance. :crazy:


You make yourself look more & more silly with every post you make at1withzero. & you are really living up to your name son.


Again distance means nothing.

at1with0 wrote:Um, as the articles state, the American team sent information 143 km and the Australian team sent information a short distance. :crazy:


A. the technology the Australian team invented & used to sent the Info / beam of light a few meters ...... is the same technology the American team used to send their info/beam of light 143km.

like i said ..... YOU show me, what it is you think makes the American teams attempt to copy the Australian team .... any different from what the Australian team did in 2002.

B.

at1with0 wrote:Um, as the articles state, the American team sent information 143 km and the Australian team sent information a short distance. :crazy:


What No reply yet again .... what you claim to have some sort of mathematical background ( which means nothing in the heat of battle ) but you can't answer a few simple questions. :lol:

rath wrote:you keep going on about the Australian team only sending the info/beam of light a few meters in 2002.

But you keep ignoring the Australian / Japanese attempt in 2011, & thu ignoring the fact that the 2011 attempt sent the info/beam of light further then the 2002 attempt.

Q. .... how far is it to Japan from Australia.

your 143KM still means nothing.


You go on about how 143km is the distance to satellites ........ SO

Distance means Nothing.


You still need to show, how the American/ team ( this month 20012 ) improved the technology so it would allow them to send the information / beam of light further than the Australian team.
&

You need to show how distance is relevant at all .....

& YOU CAN'T


common At1 ... tell us all.
How does a team of people who sent something just 46 KM or 20 odd miles further than the last person, make such a big difference to what has already been done & shown by thousands of people before them.

just what was the ground breaking event here.

What improvements or inventions did they need to create to allow this to happen.

Well after all they must have done something ...... otherwise they are just copying & repeating other people.

rath wrote:like i said ..... YOU show me, what it is you think makes this teams attempt to copy the Australian team .... any different from what the Australian team did in 2002 & 2011.


rath wrote:You still need to show, how the American/European team did( this month 2012 ) to improved the technology so it would allow them to send the information / beam of light further than the Australian team.

&

You need to show how distance is relevant at all .....

& YOU CAN'T


tell use what they did that was so new .... so different.


I get in my car every day a drive for miles that does not make me a god dame scientist, it does not make me an equal with the person / persons who first invented then drove the worlds first car.

just because i do what they did, ( & drive further everyday they they did 100 odd years ago ) does not mean i have done anything now or important )

just like the Science & scientists in your post At1.

they have done nothing new Nor have they invented anything different from what the first team invented.

moreover ....... you still need to explain how it is that the extra distance of 46 kilometers or 20 odd miles. Is in anyway relevant to the operation of the technology or significant to future advancement in this field of science.


I look forward to reading your reply as im sure it will be very interesting indeed.

:lol:
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:16 am

TL;DR
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:26 am

I'll let the reader be the judge as to whether or not the team in 2012 did anything significantly different from the 2002 team.

2012
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/09/06 ... eedfetcher


2002
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2049048.stm
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:48 am

rath wrote:
How does distance make a difference here, when neither team ........... Actually teleported anything at all.


Then why is it being called quantum "teleportation"? I guess it's just a metaphor and the entire experiment can be passed off as nonsense then? :lol:


rath wrote:they just made a copy of an object in one place be recreated in another.
Fax machines have been doing the same thing for decades, & e-mail & text message does much the same thing today.


It's statements like this that prove you have no idea what you're talking about. Your arguments aren't only silly but complete nonsense. You do nothing but talk in circles and for the sake of talking in the hopes of proving your argument that I doubt even you can follow. It's very strange to watch you argue a point or belief because you don't actually seem to have a working knowledge and then demand others prove they have a working knowledge on the subject.

You're telling everyone that if they don't have a degree in the subject that their opinion is irrelevant. I doubt you yourself have such a degree yet you are to be considered the expert on the subject, just because you insert large text into your argument? :lol: I haven't sent or recieved a fax in a long long time but I don't recall any beams of light coming out of the other side.

rath wrote:The Australian team was just the first to do it with light, & that was the important fact ..... & not the distance involved.


The important fact in that experiment was that that particular team replicated the information that made up the beam of light a short distance away, demonstrating it could be done. This was a test of a prototype for the technology.

rath wrote:Your assumption is based on the fact you assume that they could not send the info, in this case a beam of light further than they did.

That assumption is wrong.


Where was an assumption made that the first team couldn't have done it? Nowhere, this is a baseless accusation on your part.

rath wrote:the distance traveled is defined by the technology .......... & the technology has not changed since the Australian researches first achieved this over ten years ago.


Care to backup that statement with verifiable proof? I doubt you can considering that technology has seen considerable improvements in this field. Are they not predicting quantum computers in the near future thanks to advances in the technology?

rath wrote:Like i said ..... Distance is irrelevant.


You keep saying that but it doesn't make it true. After all, the information getting from point A to point B is relevant as it is the whole point, to communicate over distances.

rath wrote:( unless your just stealing another country's research, & claiming it as your own. You know, in the hope of getting a big fat cash grant from some stupid rich American )


And here is your bias, spelled out quite nicely and proof of At1's suspicion that this is merely a pissing contest for you. You don't actually care about the research as a whole, you just have an axe to grind.

rath wrote:like i said already.
Distance means nothing.

a. show me how distance changes the original ( Australian ) research.

b. show me how you can prove that just because the Australian team didn't sent their Info/beam of light further than they did ...... that some how you think that means that they couldn't send the info further than they did.


I'm sure the people who invented and launched satellite technology into orbit will disagree with you.

a. By reaching the minimal distance of orbiting satellites, the American team demonstrated the ability to send the information worldwide. The first team didn't demonstrate this, it really is that simple.

b. This request is irrelevant, noone has to prove this but the original team. Which they could easily do by opening their mouths or publishing another article on the subject. What's stopping them? By the way, noone claimed otherwise. The American team simply demonstrated that the technology could send and recieve the information that distance.

rath wrote:Like i said, show me your research paper that explains that because the Australian team only sent the information they sent, just a few meters, that it also means that they could not or did not send the information further.


No research paper is necessary because no such claim was made that the original team could not send it. However the original team did not send the information that far, unless you have the research paper to prove otherwise? Maybe your team released such a paper? No? That's peculiar. :think:

rath wrote:Also you need to show how the science has changed to allow the American team sent their information further then the Australian team.


Actually, no he doesn't. It is a fact that the American team sent the information further, backed up by their published paper. The original team has had plenty of time for a rebuttal or to produce a paper stating otherwise.


rath wrote:because the American team didn't do anything new, they just copied Australia ( Again ) ....


So where are the accusations of plagiarism from the original team then? Still no? Hmm.. :think:


rath wrote:like i said before, already ..... Just because the Australian team back in 2002 only sent the quantum information / beam of light a few meters at the time.

Does not mean they could not have sent it further than they did.

Ergo the Australian / Japanese attempt back in 2011.


So until you can explain the holes in your statements, you will just continue to look silly.


The only thing silly here is your bizarre set of requirements to disprove your even stranger argument. That everyone has to disprove a hypothetical assumption they never made, the one in your head that you claim everyone has made that the original team couldn't have replicated the latest teams results.

Whether they could have or not is irrelevant because they didn't. The American team did, that's what is relevant here. The American team did and proved they did it. Here's a novel idea, how about the original team release a paper proving they had the capability to produce this same result prior to the American team? They don't seem too concerned about it but you do.

rath wrote:E.g like a car or phone ..... distance will always improve, but has no bearing on the technology at hand.


Distance improves because the technology improves. Like upgrading from 3G to 4G, etc. You don't always have to invent a new delivery system or network, often a few lines of code or software will improve existing technology. Meaning they don't have to take down and install new towers when a breakthrough in technology is discovered. The automobile isn't "reinvented" every year, it's the same basic principle as the original design. What changes is how efficiently it continues to serve it's purpose, mileage and safety for example.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Postby at1with0 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:02 am

En-Lugal wrote:Distance improves because the technology improves. Like upgrading from 3G to 4G, etc. You don't always have to invent a new delivery system or network, often a few lines of code or software will improve existing technology. Meaning they don't have to take down and install new towers when a breakthrough in technology is discovered. The automobile isn't "reinvented" every year, it's the same basic principle as the original design. What changes is how efficiently it continues to serve it's purpose, mileage and safety for example.


Well, according to Rath, every car manufacturer is plagiarizing the use of 4 wheels.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9182
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests